November 21st, 2008

Palin interview causes stir

An interview Gov. Sarah Palin did Thursday is causing a stir.
An interview Gov. Sarah Palin did Thursday is causing a stir.

(CNN) - It’s the ultimate holiday photo-op for any governor: the yearly pardoning of a turkey to spare it from demise days before Thanksgiving.

But former Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin is causing a stir for an interview she gave after pardoning an Alaska turkey Thursday, during which one bird was being slaughtered in the background.

Palin appeared unaware of what was going on directly behind her, though she did seem to take a glance at the unfortunate event at one particular point during the interview.

"It's nice to support a local business and just participate in something that isn't so heavy handed politics that invites criticism," Palin said during the interview. "Certainly will probably invite criticism for even doing this too, but at least it was fun."

"I am always in charge of the turkey so I am where I need to be today to prepare for that," she also said.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
soundoff (1,391 Responses)
  1. Dave

Sarah Palin Unaware!?!? Who would've thunk it!!!! Isn't her 15 minutes over?

November 21, 2008 03:06 pm at 3:06 pm |
  2. Brian

If this is considered news, CNN is no longer a news source. With all that is going on in the world, it is a huge waste of time to mention this non-event.

WHO CARES!?

November 21, 2008 03:06 pm at 3:06 pm |
  3. Lynda Helms

I see the press is still her friend.

November 21, 2008 03:06 pm at 3:06 pm |
  4. Justin

She just can't catch a break with you guys can she? The implied ridicule is pretty sad. C'mon CNN.

November 21, 2008 03:06 pm at 3:06 pm |
  5. Steven

The woman is a freak, plain and simple!

November 21, 2008 03:06 pm at 3:06 pm |
  6. Peter Austin, TX

The people who criticize the slaughtering of Turkeys are pathetic. People eat meat every day. Where do you think the meat comes from. I worked at a hog slaughtering plant for seven years and watched 11,000 hogs get dismatled every day. The American people better get in touch with reality. The economy is rapidly deteriorating to levels not seen since the Great Depression. The U.S. military is nearly broken. The danger to America's security from terrorists and foreign powers are greater today than anytime since WWII. Where is our President? Why isn't the press paying more attention to these issues? This story is a waste of time!!!

November 21, 2008 03:06 pm at 3:06 pm |
  7. 1XChange

It's amazing that all of these liberals come out of the woodwork and attack anyone they can when the press is finally starting to report that Obama is already failing. His staff has been at work for days trying to minimize expectations after realizing that most of the campaign promises were lies, and the more Obama fails, the more the Republicans will be blamed.

-Reagan didn't blame Carter when he had to come in and fix the mess—he just fixed it.

November 21, 2008 03:06 pm at 3:06 pm |
  8. jrc_903

I reluctantly agree with those who say leave her alone. She only wants attention–be it positive or negative. To keep talking about her, only justifies her political existence. I her eyes, the worst thing people could do would be to turn their backs and shut up.

November 21, 2008 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  9. Ben

Palin is the inverse of Obama, in every way. Imagine if they had been elected!

November 21, 2008 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  10. Ola

Peeekaboo i dont seeee you!!!

November 21, 2008 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  11. LAGal

What is worse than an idiot with an inflated ego???

November 21, 2008 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  12. christine

Of course the slaughter going on behind her wouldn't bother her-her record on animal cruelty is as horrific as her record on preventing pregnancies through 'abstinence only.'

November 21, 2008 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  13. Colvin

This woman has absolutely no sense when it comes to the press WHATSOEVER!!!! I guess the GOP will try and blame the liberal media for making her look bad, or better yet... blame the turkeys!

November 21, 2008 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  14. Texas Observer

I have not seen many other individuals whose Common Sense and tact are lower than Sarah Palin's.

Boy! Did we ever dodge a bullet!

November 21, 2008 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  15. Carl from MI

Sarah Palin's mother always said, "Stupid is as stupid does..."

November 21, 2008 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  16. Tofurky lover

I didn't think she could prove herself more idiotic and out of touch but she
    outdoes herself every time she opens her mouth. Keep talkin', Guv! [wink wink]

November 21, 2008 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  17. Anna

What is with the elitism regarding speech? Sarah Palin talks in the local vernacular and she is easily understood. Must we all sound like Harvard or Yale graduates? So I noticed no one made fun of Obama when he addressed black crowds by imitating the local vernacular or when he talks in circles in any vernacular.

November 21, 2008 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  18. I Just Said Thanks, but No Thanks to Another 4 years of g.o.p. corruption, arrogance and incompetence

Which "Turkey" got slaughtered?

November 21, 2008 03:09 pm at 3:09 pm |
  19. BJGT

"What is the difference between the Alaska Gov. and a headless turkey?"

"One is dressed by the RNC"

November 21, 2008 03:10 pm at 3:10 pm |
  20. Paisley

"Do you really need me to explain why her condescending attitude, the complete lies she told, her horrible interviews, and her lack of knowledge on current issues and world affairs make me (and many, many other Americans) sick?" -Steph.

You are obviously talking about Oblahma right?? I still throw up in my mouth at thought of him destroying this once great country that has evidently deteriorated into a bunch of kool aid drinking ignoramouses.

ie: 57 states anyone?? Oh how about the not the politics as usual crap?? Oh and my favorite, I'm for ALL of the people. He's the most divisive human that has ever gotten elected. He cares more about his parties that thye economy??

Oh yeah, weren't we all only supposed to talk about the economy??

November 21, 2008 03:10 pm at 3:10 pm |
  21. Mike, Cleveland, Ohio

People who blame the press for this so called interview are completely ignorant of the fact that it is Palin's choice of where and when to interview. Before the camera was rolling she could have asked to change the venue. This just solidifies the view in America that Palin is not the intelligent person she professes to be, whether it is right or wrong.

November 21, 2008 03:10 pm at 3:10 pm |
  22. Georgia Gal

Granted it's not really her fault, but I tell you, one of her staff (who I would think would've been there) should have noticed this was going on and stopped it.

That said, I started watching the video and had to immediately turn it off. I may not be eating turkey next week after all.

November 21, 2008 03:10 pm at 3:10 pm |
  23. Ted

We eat turkey, but can not show how we get there. All these remarks from people hiding from reality, putting their head in the sand.

Sarah is more real than any one of them. I guess that is why that do not like her. Kind of like the people who all said the emperor's clothes were so fine, when he had none. She lives life for real. I hope she does run in 2012. She has my vote!

November 21, 2008 03:10 pm at 3:10 pm |
  24. park more

So what's the problem.. You will eat Turkey...Don't be stupid and fellow the stupidity of CNN

November 21, 2008 03:10 pm at 3:10 pm |
  25. Democrat in ARIZONA

Happy Thanksgiving Palin family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did not vote for MCcain and you but wish you all the best.

November 21, 2008 03:10 pm at 3:10 pm |