November 21st, 2008

Palin interview causes stir

An interview Gov. Sarah Palin did Thursday is causing a stir.
An interview Gov. Sarah Palin did Thursday is causing a stir.

(CNN) - It’s the ultimate holiday photo-op for any governor: the yearly pardoning of a turkey to spare it from demise days before Thanksgiving.

But former Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin is causing a stir for an interview she gave after pardoning an Alaska turkey Thursday, during which one bird was being slaughtered in the background.

Palin appeared unaware of what was going on directly behind her, though she did seem to take a glance at the unfortunate event at one particular point during the interview.

"It's nice to support a local business and just participate in something that isn't so heavy handed politics that invites criticism," Palin said during the interview. "Certainly will probably invite criticism for even doing this too, but at least it was fun."

"I am always in charge of the turkey so I am where I need to be today to prepare for that," she also said.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
soundoff (1,391 Responses)
  1. Mary

Well I think the turkey you see in the background is Obama!! LOL

November 21, 2008 04:59 pm at 4:59 pm |
  2. will

Liberal hypocrites who did not support Palin. Here you had a chance to support a women who got where she is on her own merit and not on the coat tails of her husband. Such a shame because this is one well put togethor women. She just made a little too much sense and had too many "family values". Oh well, we've got a figurehead and a retread corpse who has been on the hill for 30 years. Nice job folks.

November 21, 2008 04:59 pm at 4:59 pm |
  3. sickofbiasCNN

Why CNN do you continue to try to smear Palin? If you are going to report on her then how about some positive balance?

November 21, 2008 04:59 pm at 4:59 pm |
  4. Pinkskunk

Come on people, leave her alone. are you obcessed with her or something?

No i am not her supporter, but i have enough of her coverage.

Please please please!!!!!

November 21, 2008 05:00 pm at 5:00 pm |
  5. mary, colorado springs

Palin has an IQ of 116. At that level, what can you expect? A genius she ain't.

November 21, 2008 05:00 pm at 5:00 pm |
  6. FL4OB

Although the PE is too careful to let it happen, imagine if Obama had done the same thing. Limbaugh, Hannity, and their minions would have been non-stop criticizing. Enough of the bizarre Palin stories, please.

November 21, 2008 05:01 pm at 5:01 pm |
  7. Take The Old Plastic Off Your Chairs Times Have Changed

FREE THAT TURKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FREE THAT TURKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FREE THAT TURKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FREE THAT TURKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FREE THAT TURKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FREE THAT TURKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 21, 2008 05:01 pm at 5:01 pm |
  8. ed

Sarah, please don't go away.
    You can not make this stuff up!!
    She is the funniest thing since Groucho Marx ,

November 21, 2008 05:02 pm at 5:02 pm |
  9. Abe

Palin was informed what was going on behind her.She said it was ok.She looked at the turkey and said "gotcha for Thanksgiving".

November 21, 2008 05:03 pm at 5:03 pm |
  10. Pam T.

Can it get any worse for this woman? It needs to stop. She needs to stop. Her 15 minutes were over several weeks ago. She needs to just get on with her life and go eat turkey. Maybe the one slaughtered over her shoulder w a s her turkey!!!! Ms. Palin I think your turkey is ready for you now...

November 21, 2008 05:03 pm at 5:03 pm |
  11. Patrick

I find this pretty funny. Beyond that, it's a stupid story, suitable for FARK

November 21, 2008 05:03 pm at 5:03 pm |
  12. Andy

Enough of this already....by the way where is Obama during the start of the Depression here.....maybe Bush caused it, but does not look like Obama is ready to take charge does it? Keep hiding Big O....just like the Repubs, no different.....just owned by different groups......

November 21, 2008 05:03 pm at 5:03 pm |
  13. CJB - Phoenix

It doesn't really suprise me she wasn't phased. I consider myself a liberal but people on both sides who thinks this is disgusting.....how do you think you get your turkey for thanksgiving....do you think it lives a full happy life and is then pet'd to death? C'mon people, get a clue. If you are complaining about this then you are and idiot for not knowing what happens to your precisu t-day turkey. This is mild in comparison to what happens at large processing facilities, it gets much worse.

I am a vegetarian and won't be eating a Turkey on thanksgiving so all this did for me was reconfirm how I have felt about Palin since day one. She is EVERYTHING wrong with America....there...I said it. Happy Thanksgiving!

November 21, 2008 05:03 pm at 5:03 pm |
  14. Broncojohnny

I'm enjoying the PETA nutcases on this, it is fantastic. I'll break a kitten's neck with my bare hands tonight when I get home just for you guys!! lmao

November 21, 2008 05:04 pm at 5:04 pm |
  15. Nemesis

Get over yourself people....The media is following Palin around like groupies around a celebrity. Get over yourself people, are you so dumb as to think turkeys commit suicide to become the main course every Thanksgiving? Get over your self people. I'll keep my guns, I'll keep my money, I'll keep my freedom. YOU can keep the change.

November 21, 2008 05:04 pm at 5:04 pm |
  16. al

I love the way the American hating Palin appololgists blame liberals for Palins stupidity. She is a walking Saturday night live skit...Pointing out facts is not attacking someone. ..... Ill bet ratings will be high this weekend after seeing this interview.

November 21, 2008 05:04 pm at 5:04 pm |
  17. gwen

This woman cannot even complete a grammatically correct sentence! As far as the bird is concerned, I'm surprised she didn't whip our her rifle and finish the bird off herself!

November 21, 2008 05:05 pm at 5:05 pm |
  18. PalinSucksDick

Palin is a stupid wench. Just like many Americans who supported her.

November 21, 2008 05:05 pm at 5:05 pm |
  19. Jasmine in Germany

Can not Governor Palin learn to speak the English Language properly?

November 21, 2008 05:05 pm at 5:05 pm |
  20. Susan

That Burberry scarf she is wearing doesn't look like it came from a thrift store.

November 21, 2008 05:05 pm at 5:05 pm |
  21. marty

Just because most of you carnivores want to believe that meat comes to your table in some sterile, nice-to-the-animal way, doesn't make Sarah an idiot or an airhead. She is in Alaska, a state where more of the people are in touch with where their meat comes from. Many of them still do their own butchering and are not bothered by seeing it on the news. So give it a rest, you meat-eating hypocrites from the left. This is reality TV and reality life. Just try eating that turkey on T'day without remembering this video. LOL.

November 21, 2008 05:05 pm at 5:05 pm |
  22. treadmarkz

Could we PLEASE stop giving this woman attention and go back to normalcy? We haven't had it for over a decade since before Monica, before Newt Gingrich. Can't we go back to the good old days of 1993?

November 21, 2008 05:05 pm at 5:05 pm |
  23. evastudent

Sick and stupid!

I wish she goes a way, no more Sarah Palin please!!!

November 21, 2008 05:05 pm at 5:05 pm |
  24. WayneVT

Priceless! Get ready for a Tina Fey sketch on SNL this weekend!

November 21, 2008 05:05 pm at 5:05 pm |
  25. Shadow

I'm an Obama supporter and I think this story is ridiculous. Who's idea is this of news????? Get real people. We have a lot more to be concerned with in this country than SP having a conference with a turkey being slaughtered in the background. So what! You have to kill them in order to eat them!

November 21, 2008 05:06 pm at 5:06 pm |