November 21st, 2008

Palin interview causes stir

An interview Gov. Sarah Palin did Thursday is causing a stir.
An interview Gov. Sarah Palin did Thursday is causing a stir.

(CNN) - It’s the ultimate holiday photo-op for any governor: the yearly pardoning of a turkey to spare it from demise days before Thanksgiving.

But former Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin is causing a stir for an interview she gave after pardoning an Alaska turkey Thursday, during which one bird was being slaughtered in the background.

Palin appeared unaware of what was going on directly behind her, though she did seem to take a glance at the unfortunate event at one particular point during the interview.

"It's nice to support a local business and just participate in something that isn't so heavy handed politics that invites criticism," Palin said during the interview. "Certainly will probably invite criticism for even doing this too, but at least it was fun."

"I am always in charge of the turkey so I am where I need to be today to prepare for that," she also said.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
soundoff (1,391 Responses)
  1. paul

Someone needs to pay attention for her who are handling her events from now on because these things should not be happening to a woman who could be president.

I like her and admire her visible strength against a TRUE boys club mentality! She stood up against so many men who wanted to see her trashed for the failure of McCain's campaign and against women who claimed she lacked 'smarts' even though she is a college graduate, an elected official and a good business woman. (Its been said more than once that women can be the fiercest opponents against women they see raising faster in the ranks then they do ... and of course, men are always leery of a succesful woman).

That being said, Mrs Palin, a bit of advice, start letting people go politely and hire a crack team to pay attention to the details! See you in 2012!!!

November 21, 2008 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  2. Minnesota Democrat

What's the hidded messsage Sarah Palin is trying to say on this video? She only knows from her heart.

3. Michael A

Who cares? this is not news. big deal. Get a life CNN. I love you guys but really? she is not important anymore

4. Chris S

This is the future of the republican party. HAHAHAHAHAHA! Another interview screw up.

5. Justin, ny

did palin actually get a degree from any of the 5 colleges she went to? what is she saying?!?! ever!?!?! i have no idea!!!

6. April

Clint,

It's not about being total pansies. She pardons a turkey and then they kill the rest. Yeesh! I tried to watch this interview twice and I still don't know a word she said.

7. LW In Texas

Thank God she is not our new V.P. She has not a clue, The choice of that Back Drop was stupid and she should know better.

8. K.B. Denver, Colorado

I love turkey so I hope this story isn't insinuating we should not slaughter and eat them. "darn vegetarians" and if there one thing i learned about Alaska they do things a bit different, like interviewing there governor in front of a turkey being slaughtered a bit odd but hardly worth criticism.

9. Ed, Santa Fe, NM

the woman is as dumb as a rock.....

10. colette Bigi

Is it just poor transcribing that makes it sound as though Mrs. Palin is unable to speak in grammatically correct English - or is she actually incapable of speaking in sentences that 1) contain all the necessary words 2) in the correct order? I'm not an English teacher, but to me she sounds as though she can't carry a thought through in logical order to express it in standard English. She sounds to me like a child trying to talk to adults without really understanding the subject nor what she's trying to say.

11. Jer

Let me get this straight, a turkey...being killed before thanksgiving at a turkey farm. Shock. I'm all for criticizing Sarah Palin, but this is a silly story.

12. Otto

Turkey= ugly bird...gooble...gooble...

Have a Roaster instead...

13. Nate

Leave the poor woman alone... I am not a Pailin supporter, but Geez! We have more important things to focus on!

14. Guppy

First it was Palin the idiot. Now it's Palin the oblivious.

15. marigold blooms

Palin is just too stupid for me to continue reading about her.

16. Anne

Would we eat as much meat if we actually had to witness the slaughter of our farm animals? Just a question to put out there. BTW, I eat turkey and am not a vegetarian.

The video segment definitely seems ill conceived, but at least she has the guts to witness a turkey harvest and actually kill animals for her meat. I can't do that.

Not that I support her politics in any way.

17. kerri

You Obama idiots will be so mesmerized to hear the One speak coherently that you won't even notice what he says !!!

18. ck

I see, not a single one of you ever eats turkey!! LOL

Hypocrites.

19. Greg Carlson

Obviously, the turkey behind her getting the axe is a socialist.

November 21, 2008 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  20. Ron

Another unimportant "news" story courtesy of CNN.

November 21, 2008 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  21. Tex Ann ~~~~~~~

Yeah, she's at the appropriate place for her..... the turkey farm.

November 21, 2008 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  22. Brian

It seems that most of the people commenting on this probably still buy gas at a Citgo...if you do and you should not have been allowed to vote. If you need an explaination of this comment, then you also are extremely uniformed...and we wonder why there's so much ignorance in America.

November 21, 2008 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  23. jim

How many of you eat Turkey or chicken for that matter. Sorry if it disturbs some people seeing a bird killed for human consumption, but, how do you think they end up on your table?

City folk are too far out of reality from the rest of the world. Go to your 50.00 steak dinners and your chicken nuggets for the kids in your BMW's. You have no idea what it takes to feed this country.

November 21, 2008 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  24. K

This is priceless.

November 21, 2008 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  25. dan

By the way, I filled my deer tag last weekend also. About a 150yd shot with my rifle, and dropped an 8-point buck right where he was standing.

November 21, 2008 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |