November 24th, 2008

Pro-Palin 'thank you' ads hit the airwaves

A pro-Palin ad campaign hits the airwaves this week.
A pro-Palin ad campaign hits the airwaves this week.

(CNN) - Election Day was three weeks ago, but political ads praising former Republican VP nominee Sarah Palin are still hitting the airwaves.

The Our Country Deserves Better PAC has begun running spots in Alaska - two 60-second ads, and two 30-second versions — that pay tribute to Palin, with plans to expand the ad buy to the rest of the country sometime this week.

"Governor Palin inspired millions of Americans by fighting for common sense conservative principles in a positive and uplifting manner," chief strategist Sal Russo said in a statement. "I worked with President Ronald Reagan since his first days in the California Governor’s Office, and I can tell you that I see so many similarities between President Reagan and Governor Palin."

The 60-second Thanksgiving-themed spot — which comes days after footage of a Palin interview on a turkey farm hit the airwaves — also points to the Alaska governor's fondness for moose chili as a turkey alternative.

The PAC - which sponsored the "Stop Obama Now" bus tour during the campaign season - said it plans to spend at least $50,000 airing the ads in Alaska. It has not yet released details of the ad buy on national broadcast and cable networks.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Barbara in NC

Gag me with a spoon !!!

November 24, 2008 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  2. Kim, Charlotte, NC

Quit lying.....!

November 24, 2008 12:51 pm at 12:51 pm |
  3. Sue

It is indeed an insult to Ronald Reagan to compare him in any way to Sarah Palin. Reagan was a thoughful man with tremendous vision of people and world events. Palin has demonstrated no such intellect or ability. Reagan was a savior to the Republican Party, Palin will be its demise.

November 24, 2008 12:52 pm at 12:52 pm |
  4. PDX Gal

Repugs are always finding creative ways to waste time and money by annoying others.

November 24, 2008 12:53 pm at 12:53 pm |
  5. Obama Victim

Sara Rocks.............2012

November 24, 2008 12:53 pm at 12:53 pm |
  6. Laverne

It's a shame that PAC would spend all that money on pro-Palin ads. The race is over, she lost BIG TIME! Get over it and get back to being governor in Alaska. At this point the only thing Palin can do to savage her politial career is to be a good governor and good mom. Stop running around the country trying to plead your case and others need to do the same. Sarah Palin is a big girl, she wanted the national spot light and she got it! The McCain camp chose her and now do not want anything else to do with her including McCain. This is what happen when things are done with the wrong motives. She is paying for all the devisiness she brought to the campaign trail. I think Sarah Palin is getting exactly what she deserves and if there is negative attention that is wrongly brought onto her, well she deserves that too! All I can say is God does not like ugly and it is ironic that the hole she and others were trying to dig for Obama, they fell in it themselves! REPENT!

November 24, 2008 12:53 pm at 12:53 pm |
  7. annoymous

Thanks for making me laugh Sarah, like I tell my GOP friends "Sarah" maybe very good looking but she is sure lacking in alot of other areas, like BRAINS.....

November 24, 2008 12:53 pm at 12:53 pm |
  8. former gop

It's Thanksgiving not April fool's day! Come on, why would any woman support this? Sarah Palin has taken women back 200 years with her attempting to flirt and wink her way to the White House. Sarah Palin should be tarred and feathered. She makes me sick.

November 24, 2008 12:53 pm at 12:53 pm |
  9. Anonymous

What a waste of money.

November 24, 2008 12:55 pm at 12:55 pm |
  10. amused but happy in Vegas

I wish them the same luck they had in the election.

November 24, 2008 12:55 pm at 12:55 pm |
  11. S. Boatman Warrensburg Mo.

Similarities Between Palin And Reagan? Ha Ha!

November 24, 2008 12:55 pm at 12:55 pm |
  12. Dave, Central Illinois

Insert Obamite, crazed, hateful rhetoric here now......

November 24, 2008 12:56 pm at 12:56 pm |
  13. Old white lady in Birmingham, AL

Our country does deserve better than Sarah Palin!
    "inspired millions... in a positive and uplifting manner," ? Does that include calling your opponent a terrorist and encouraging the crowds to shout shoot him? I don't think these people know what positive and uplifiting means. Someone please send them a dictionary.

November 24, 2008 12:56 pm at 12:56 pm |
  14. Palin is Yesterday's News

Why? Why? Why?.....................is any money at all being wasted on some bs like this? The election is over! If your eye is on the prize for the NEXT cycle, this is not the way to go in keeping your name in the spotlight. You go home, do well in the public position that you already have, and work on the things that caused you to lose. She still doesn't get it.

November 24, 2008 12:57 pm at 12:57 pm |
  15. Proud American

What a waste of time and money. What Reagan and Palin have in common neither one knew anything about the mechanics of American governing and two are puppets for the right wing.

November 24, 2008 12:57 pm at 12:57 pm |
  16. KG

Yes. Thanks Palin. For helping put Obama in the White House.

November 24, 2008 12:58 pm at 12:58 pm |
  17. TangoDancer

What is the point of this ad campaign? This PAC is certainly not spending $ just to say thank you to Sarah Palin for being a good conservative. Is the ultimate agenda a 2012 presidential campaign for the governor of Alaska?

November 24, 2008 12:58 pm at 12:58 pm |
  18. Lorna, NY

I guess this woman is never going away!

November 24, 2008 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  19. Kim, MI

I wish I could show the picture of me rolling my eyes.

"Governor Palin inspired millions of Americans by fighting for common sense conservative principles in a positive and uplifting manner" I didn't hear anything positive or uplifting? Just accusing and fear mongering!

November 24, 2008 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  20. PA Independent

I know this is a free country with freedom of speech, but don't these people have anything better to do with their time and money? And the election is long over, why can't that woman get the heck off my TV screen like McCain had the taste and decency to do? I don't wish her ill, I just wish she would get back to her day job in Alaska and stop mugging for the perpetual spotlight like a third-rate starlet trying to make a comeback after a nasty divorce and rehab. Enough already!

November 24, 2008 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  21. WI Cheesehead

Waste of money. Get over your election hangover.

November 24, 2008 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  22. Bruce

This is so stupid....Oh and she eats moose as an atlernative to turkey...hmmmm....is not moose at some point in the endagered species list,or if not ,I am not aware of commercial moose farms..

November 24, 2008 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  23. KW in Denver

OMG.... STOP the madness.... I so wish she would just GO AWAY!!!!!

November 24, 2008 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  24. Barbara in NC

Send that woman packing for unethical behavior in all aspects of her public life.

November 24, 2008 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  25. Angie-OHIO

YES thanks sarah "pitbull in lipstick" palin, for going back to alaska.

November 24, 2008 01:00 pm at 1:00 pm |