November 24th, 2008

Pro-Palin 'thank you' ads hit the airwaves

A pro-Palin ad campaign hits the airwaves this week.
A pro-Palin ad campaign hits the airwaves this week.

(CNN) - Election Day was three weeks ago, but political ads praising former Republican VP nominee Sarah Palin are still hitting the airwaves.

The Our Country Deserves Better PAC has begun running spots in Alaska - two 60-second ads, and two 30-second versions — that pay tribute to Palin, with plans to expand the ad buy to the rest of the country sometime this week.

"Governor Palin inspired millions of Americans by fighting for common sense conservative principles in a positive and uplifting manner," chief strategist Sal Russo said in a statement. "I worked with President Ronald Reagan since his first days in the California Governor’s Office, and I can tell you that I see so many similarities between President Reagan and Governor Palin."

The 60-second Thanksgiving-themed spot — which comes days after footage of a Palin interview on a turkey farm hit the airwaves — also points to the Alaska governor's fondness for moose chili as a turkey alternative.

The PAC - which sponsored the "Stop Obama Now" bus tour during the campaign season - said it plans to spend at least $50,000 airing the ads in Alaska. It has not yet released details of the ad buy on national broadcast and cable networks.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Darlis

You just ruined my lunch. God please show Sara Palin that door she is looking for.
    Darlis

November 24, 2008 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  2. J S Ragman

I couldn't stand Ronald Reagan but he has to be rolling over in his grave to think that anyone would compare this nit-wit with him.

November 24, 2008 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  3. Gloria - Minnesota

Oh, I hope and pray that Minnesota doesn't air any of these ads. Why would any state, for crying out loud!! I will just have to turn off my TV if I see any more of that woman!!! (I'm sorry I have to share my gender with her!) And then to have her promote moose chili as an alternative?? Sarah Palin is a lunatic! I wish Alaskans would get her out of their government, and God help us if she ever tries to gain another higher office in our great United States of America!!!

If television networks and stations want to lose viewership, by all means air ads about Palin!! Scary individual!!!

November 24, 2008 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  4. Jayson

Wow. I don't even know what to say about this story. Just when I think /hope things couldn't possibly get any more mindless....

Look folks, when you get a chance check out the brilliant movie "Idiocracy" on DVD. All of this will then make sense....

November 24, 2008 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  5. H.Skogerboe

Please cut the Pallin ads and lets all get on with our lives. There was nothing that great about her and she had plenty of baggage in her closet. Let move on.

November 24, 2008 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  6. Tom

Easy JM, when you defend someone to that degree you have to have a serious crush motivating you. I guess Love is blind.

November 24, 2008 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  7. DW

DUH. It's long over.

November 24, 2008 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  8. Mary

You Nobama followers are pathetic!!! You are hateful to Sarah – you do NOT contribute $$ to her so shut up – don't even comment on Sarah!! Then you critize her for spending yet it was Nobama that blew almost 1 billion dollars so he could win the election!! LOL LOL

He could NOT have won it fair & square!!! Oh I forget his a Chicago thug!!!

November 24, 2008 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  9. MIKE

Hopefully these idiots will keep promoting Mooseburger for 12. Just makes it eaiser for Democrats to keep picking up more seats in Congress and insures Democratic Presidents well into the future.
    Republicans still can't figure out why the lost in 06 and 08.
    The vast majority of people are sick and tired of their hate and "God" BS>

November 24, 2008 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  10. Warren

I must be that some people live in a fantasy world that to the majority of people is a screwed up mess. That's where Palin is and if she thinks she has a shot at President in 2012, let her take it. She'lls just come out looking dumber than she does now.

November 24, 2008 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  11. Love My USA/Do You?

Liberals amaze me!!! Here you have someone who is like many of us, who hates what is going on politically, and we keep saying, " We need someone who will fight for us the taxpayers,, instead of all of these GREEDY politicians in Washington". WEll we had a chance to have someone like that, she lost, , and you all still want to bash her.. WHY?
    Do you think you all are better off now with retreads of Clinton administration? I doubt it!
    CHANGE, yea right... the only change is NO CHANG...

November 24, 2008 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  12. Pepe

I think Obama should launch the IRS to investigate these groups that are pro-Sarah palin. In these trying times the last thing we need is dis-unity. Republicans should spend their time and money trying to find ways to help Barack Obama save the country. If they are not willing to be positive and part of the solution, they are clearly part of the problem and need to be dealt with accordingly.

November 24, 2008 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  13. Anonymous

How about everyone stop being so ignorant and realize Palin had nothing to do with this ad.

November 24, 2008 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  14. Kelcie

Sarah Palin really did inspire me, though.........she inspired me to go to the polls and vote for Obama/Biden.

November 24, 2008 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  15. Michael, Houston Texas

What? The only similarities Reagan and Palin have is they both were goveners on the same coast. You got to be kidding me. Sarah, go away you nut case.

November 24, 2008 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  16. Jim in Raleigh

"Positive and uplifting manner." Yeah, l like calling that little holding facility in Cuba a vacation beach resort!

November 24, 2008 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  17. Tim

She is a joke with nothing to offer.........I only hope she is the nominee in 2012........she will lose.

November 24, 2008 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  18. Y

This is an insult to Senator John McCain and President-Elect Obama. It seems Palin's followers are as stupid as their leader.

November 24, 2008 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  19. VHoward

Are you kidding me???!!! The woman is so lacking in excellence in anyway that to celebrate her is to embrace idiocy! She cannot even keep her own family in line nor does she expect excellence or provide the motivation for excellence for her children. She thinks that it is ok for a 17 year old to quit high school to have a baby, that it is ok for her juvie son to be thrown out of a hockey camp in Michigan where he went because he was a trouble maker in Alaska, that her husband, with barely a high school education, would be qualified to sit at her right hand during state business and possibly when she could have been vice president? This woman can barely speak in a comprehensible way, as a matter of fact, most of the time you lose track of what her point was trying to decipher her horrible grammer! You think that this is acceptable? We are doomed as a country, if so.

November 24, 2008 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  20. Los

I'm glad that so many people have chosen Gov. Palin as their leader, because she'll lead them right off a cliff.

November 24, 2008 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |
  21. Bryan

Palin is the worst thing to happen to the republican party since Baby Bush. Republican's have gone completely off the reservation and isolated themselves from moderates, something exemplified perfectly by Palin.

Get back to the Regan themes. Small Government and smart spending. Don't get caught up in stem cells, abortion, and religion. Unless they change course the republican party will be a thing of the past in under 30 years, if not sooner.

November 24, 2008 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |
  22. Anastasia

I guess what's in Alaska does NOT stay in Alaska... shame.

Divisive, nasty, partisan woman. Whomever insists she was "positive" and "uplifting" is either a fool, or a liar.

Put her on a ticket in 2012, and I'll be certain to vote against her, as I did this time.

November 24, 2008 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |
  23. christine

Yeah, she has a lot in common with Reagan, they're both not thinkers. At least Reagan used proper grammar.

November 24, 2008 02:07 pm at 2:07 pm |
  24. hsl

Why?? Are we going to be stuck with her forever?

November 24, 2008 02:07 pm at 2:07 pm |
  25. California Gold

She must have eBayed the clothes and funneled the money to rehabilitate her image. Trouble is when she opens her mouth you want to "beach" slap her.

November 24, 2008 02:07 pm at 2:07 pm |