November 24th, 2008

Pro-Palin 'thank you' ads hit the airwaves

A pro-Palin ad campaign hits the airwaves this week.
A pro-Palin ad campaign hits the airwaves this week.

(CNN) - Election Day was three weeks ago, but political ads praising former Republican VP nominee Sarah Palin are still hitting the airwaves.

The Our Country Deserves Better PAC has begun running spots in Alaska - two 60-second ads, and two 30-second versions — that pay tribute to Palin, with plans to expand the ad buy to the rest of the country sometime this week.

"Governor Palin inspired millions of Americans by fighting for common sense conservative principles in a positive and uplifting manner," chief strategist Sal Russo said in a statement. "I worked with President Ronald Reagan since his first days in the California Governor’s Office, and I can tell you that I see so many similarities between President Reagan and Governor Palin."

The 60-second Thanksgiving-themed spot — which comes days after footage of a Palin interview on a turkey farm hit the airwaves — also points to the Alaska governor's fondness for moose chili as a turkey alternative.

The PAC - which sponsored the "Stop Obama Now" bus tour during the campaign season - said it plans to spend at least $50,000 airing the ads in Alaska. It has not yet released details of the ad buy on national broadcast and cable networks.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Phil in KC

Jindal's in Iowa. Sarah Palin has ads on TV. Good grief! Obama hasn't even been sworn in yet. Give it a rest.

November 24, 2008 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  2. Adam

When did you conservatives start letting women tell you what to do or even influence you at that? Barack Obama and Sarah Palin are only stepping stones to a brighter future. When crazy rightist can accept religious propaganda from a woman I know our country is changing for the better. As a veteran I am still proud to continually serve our great country and will continue to do so no matter who is president. Our duty is to protect everything we hold dear as Americans. So to all my fellow Marines, Sailors, soldiers, and Airmen give the man a chance because it is your duty and stop cryn.

November 24, 2008 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  3. chuck

Give me a FREEKING BREAK. What did Sarah Palin inspire people to do? The only thing I could think of is to kill wild animals and birds. All of Sarah Palin's fans are people without COMMON SENSE.

November 24, 2008 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  4. Rob

To LBJ,

Sure is easy to toot your own horn, isn't it? I'll believe you gave 30k last year when you create a webpage and post the receipts. If you can't prove it I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest you are a liar...

November 24, 2008 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  5. Vegas Barbie for Obama

It's that kind of anger (i.e., the "Stop Obama Now" bus tour) that was so characteristic of Palin and those she attracted to her hate and fear-mongering rallies that was the downfall of the McPalin ticket. Buy away conservative rednecks! Sarah is back where she belongs, where men are skiing and moose are scared!

November 24, 2008 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  6. Bob Dog

I think this is wonderful!

Palin is an entertaining goofball without any chance to get elected to anything on a national basis. But is super to see these folks waste their money on harmless advertising that will actually help stimulate the economy, and even more important, help prolong conflict within and caos within the Replublican party.

November 24, 2008 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  7. indianapolis

I love it. Keep it up I say...the more the G.O.P. wants to stand behind here as the figurehead of the party, the further away they'll fall from the pulse of America. I have nothing against the right (most of the time); in fact I agree on principal with some of the ideology. But this is yet another perfect example of how the right has failed (and continues to fail) to modernize and expand their base. She represents a very narrow-minded school of thought full of ultra conservative views; she might as well hire Rush Limbaugh as a campaign adviser for the next go-around. In the meantime, we'll go ahead and start printing up the Obama '12 victory signs now.

November 24, 2008 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  8. Gordo

I am a Republican that decided to vote for Obama, the biggest reason was I thought John McCain made a major error selecting Palin. She seems to be less than bright, and not capable of stepping in as the President. I am sure that a the DNC is very thankful to Palin and may in fact be supporting the ad campaign. If Palin is on the ticket in
    2012 relection will be a lock even if the Dems don't get it right.

John McCain, you dissappointed me and let me down with your selection. It was just stupid. Not because she is a woman, there are many capable women available for the VP job that could have stepped into the President job. Why should we even have to consider such
    a person with a definite lack of understanding of the elementary
    issues. Too much time in Alaska must have frozen her brain.

Republican women should fee insulted, I am sure many did and I am sure many crossed over to Obama. I expect that in retrospect McCain
    did the country a big favor for making the decision to switch so easy.

November 24, 2008 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  9. totally neutral

Thats disgusting

November 24, 2008 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  10. mzbond

Sarah Palin will go to any length to continue to cause disruption in this country in order to further her own "sick" agenda. She is the "miss congeniality" contestant who would kill for a title and fame.

November 24, 2008 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  11. Vickie

I don't who thinks up these things or even pushes them on the American Public, but enough is enough! If the GOP or other organizations want to push Palin in our faces I bet you there are going to be more organizations pushing to defeat her! Many Americans were presented with Palin and made their choice NO PALIN. I would work hard to never see Palin hold Vice-President/Presidential status in this country!

November 24, 2008 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  12. nm mom

I can't believe they're still trying to sell the rest of us on Palin. Do they not have a clue? If the Republicans keep this up, we won't have to worry about Republican control for a long, long time – if we do the rest of the world will think we're crazy!!

November 24, 2008 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  13. John

The election is over....republicans were vanquished.....why must we insist on still continuing with the insults and comments made in bad taste? Would the left be happy if conservatives continually insult President Obama the way they did George Bush? I am willing to give Obama a chance by lending my support to his success. I am willing to be the better person and get behind our president and country. Please stop with the attacks on governer Palin and the right. The election is over and we need to heal together as Americans.

November 24, 2008 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  14. Margaret, Minnesota

I am tired of this ignorant woman and wish to never see her on national media again. If she is the Republican futures then the party will sink into political oblivion.

November 24, 2008 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  15. Bev

Oh poor Palin. She doesn't realize she is the personification of everything that's wrong with this country. She unknowingly promotes the way of thinking we are trying so hard to get rid of in the middle east. They have a "my way is right, yours is wrong mentality" which is unacceptable in today's society where there are so many different opinions. Thank god we will have someone in office who realized that there are other people with many different problems and will not take away any right of the minorities.

November 24, 2008 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  16. Tom-in Canada (we're in NAFTA Sarah, honey.)

Some folks in the "red belt states" must have second mortgaged the double wide to pay for this ad, EH? (Hopefully, they got a fixed, rate.)

November 24, 2008 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  17. Ange

If by "uplifting," you mean slander,lies, and hate...then sure.

November 24, 2008 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  18. Jessica

I don't need her common sense. I have common sense. I can see Russia from my TV.

November 24, 2008 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  19. Retired Veteran from New York City, NY

to LBJ:

I like the way you're bragging of giving your money to charity, I'm very proud of you however: you totally missed the point. Nobody talked about charity, it's about the uneducated folks that tried to promote Palin after a landslide election which has been already three weeks ago. Instead of talking of all these nonsenses, if you really care about Sarah Palin and the Ignorant right wings Conservatives, why don't you all together encourage Sarah Palin to go to school at least to better represent you the next time around. Idiot!

November 24, 2008 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  20. Proud American from Charlotte, NC

Positive and uplifting manner - I think not. This should read:

"Governor Palin inspired millions of Americans to fight against common sense human principles in a negative, demeaning, and divisive manner."

Now...that's much better.

November 24, 2008 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  21. trish, nc

I say to the GOP: KEEP IT UP - bleed the conservative movement dry! It makes no difference - they lost.

Idolizing Palin is all that remains. But isn't worshipping false gods (or goddesses in lipstick, in this case) one of those....er, well, ahem......nevermind...

November 24, 2008 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  22. Geoff

Thank you Sarah. For losing the election for McCain.

What an idiot.

November 24, 2008 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  23. Chris

Sarah will be in hot water soon. Her so called high approval rating was mostly due to the checks the Alaskans get she made bigger. However, with all the uncovering of office abuses that are being uncovered from back to her Mayoral days will shed light on what type of Religious Zealot she is. She was brought up Pentecostal so in her mind she is doing God's work so her attitude is that she is above Man's Law and continues to do as she pleases. Just so you know she keeps bringing up Ayers to Obama but neglects to come out about her and Todd’s ties to a Separatist group that is considered a Terrorist Group. But then again there goes the old GOP Additive, do as I say not as I do.

November 24, 2008 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  24. Larz

CNN continues to be the same old liberal rag it always has been.

November 24, 2008 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  25. Jaime

I knew she wasn't going away, but why on earth is someone spending money on pro-Palin commercials in her home state? If they don't already like her, what's the point?

November 24, 2008 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |