November 24th, 2008

Pro-Palin 'thank you' ads hit the airwaves

A pro-Palin ad campaign hits the airwaves this week.
A pro-Palin ad campaign hits the airwaves this week.

(CNN) - Election Day was three weeks ago, but political ads praising former Republican VP nominee Sarah Palin are still hitting the airwaves.

The Our Country Deserves Better PAC has begun running spots in Alaska - two 60-second ads, and two 30-second versions — that pay tribute to Palin, with plans to expand the ad buy to the rest of the country sometime this week.

"Governor Palin inspired millions of Americans by fighting for common sense conservative principles in a positive and uplifting manner," chief strategist Sal Russo said in a statement. "I worked with President Ronald Reagan since his first days in the California Governor’s Office, and I can tell you that I see so many similarities between President Reagan and Governor Palin."

The 60-second Thanksgiving-themed spot — which comes days after footage of a Palin interview on a turkey farm hit the airwaves — also points to the Alaska governor's fondness for moose chili as a turkey alternative.

The PAC - which sponsored the "Stop Obama Now" bus tour during the campaign season - said it plans to spend at least $50,000 airing the ads in Alaska. It has not yet released details of the ad buy on national broadcast and cable networks.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. TJintheD

Marge November 24th, 2008 1:41 pm ET
    They have the right. We now see that the networks are admitting that the biased the news toward obama and posted negative tainted information against Palin and McCain.

And it didn't start there. They fell all over themselves to smear Hillary so the empty suit and present voter would win the nod.
    -----------------------------
    Ok, I don't like calling females idiots but Marge, you're an idiot. The media didn't vote for Obama, WE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE DID. The only thing the networks got right MARGE is when they announced Obama as the nominee and when they announced he is president. Now I know this doesn't make you happy but neither does me knowing how much of a tard you are so as much as this pains me, you're an idiot.

November 24, 2008 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  2. Kim

Yes I would like to thank Governor Palin as well... for botching her candidacy so badly that a slim majority of Americans were actually able to see through that ticket and elect Obama instead... Thanks Miss Wasilla!

November 24, 2008 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  3. Vickie_AR

Is this a new episode of PUNK'D?
    Ashton Kutcher I know you are behind this. :)

November 24, 2008 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  4. jake747

JM, anyone who enters politics opens themselves up to huge scrutiny. That's what folks are doing with Palin. Keep crying over her all you want, but that's reality. Accomplishments? I've had many, but I have ZERO interest in participating in politics, as most of us don't. I don't see you supplying your name, address, and background either.

You need to basically grow up and discover something called maturity. Politics are a bigtime game, if your candidate can't handle it, too bad. Obama was railed over and over and over visciously by you right-wingers...did he cry? No, he kicked your "you know what."

November 24, 2008 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  5. globalgroove

It just amazes me that only a few short months ago nobody ever heard of this woman outside Alaska. Within minutes she becomes a Goddess....For those who claim she is a self made success, I say back that it does not take much to win an election in a state that has a population of 600,000 including children. The woman is a viper who would eat her own children if it meant it would further her career.

November 24, 2008 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  6. Mike

At the end of the day the Reps are desperate to find someone to promote who's not like the status quo in the party, and apparently this is the best they've come up with. I hope they get the message that Americans want them to readjust their philosphy and Palin isn't it. If this is the best they hope they've got for 2012, then the Dems will be in power for a long time. Apparently it seems they've convinced her that she's a great leader and figured if they can get her to listen to that, then she'll believe whatever they tell her to do and they have the dream puppet.

November 24, 2008 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  7. ED

The funny thing about this ad is that the group that is running this ad is called The our country deserves better PAC, yet how is running Sarah Palin for president, giving our country something it deserves, I mean this woman is dumber than paint, how would she make this country better? The right wing wacko's claim that the left is a afraid of a women who is a strong conservative women with principle, no we are just afraid of how dumb she is.

November 24, 2008 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  8. julie

Scary. REALLY scary.

Sure she has charisma...as did Jim Jones and Adolph Hitler! Remember them?

It's frightening that people mistake that charisma for intelligence.

Enough with this backwards, backwoods wanna-be.

November 24, 2008 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  9. Paul Hackett

This amid still more anti Palin Headlines in the Media.

November 24, 2008 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  10. RS

Amazing...whatever there on I need some of that!

November 24, 2008 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  11. edith in florida

What stupidity and smugness that any one would spend money praising that nitwit... I did not see or hear any redeeming feature about her or anything she had to say.. all I heard when I could stand to listen to her, was lies, exaggerations on any subjects. and God have mercy on all of us that would have that caliber of person, being vice president. Why don't you nitwits give the money to a charity that supports your beleifs.and etc. ? You are sick people. Better yet , donate the money to children with special needs if you care so much about her. that would be the Christian thing to do Think about it. !

November 24, 2008 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  12. Susan, NC via LA

Oooookkkkkkaaaaayyyyyy. You know, this PAC represents everything wrong with the Republican party right now. They're rooted more in "stop" something than "move forward." People like this helped my Republican husband decide to vote for Pres.-elect Obama.

November 24, 2008 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  13. Rose

What is the point of all of this? Is it to create justification for Palin's alleged $7,000,000 book deal payout? As D.L. Hughley said it best: "That's a lot for a comic book".

She was and is an insult to thinking women. Palin inspired millions of women to ensure they did NOT want to be like her (uninformed, ignorant, hafeful in speech, religion-over-reason and unprepared) – and voted accordingly. The Republican ticket lost!

Go get an education Sarah before you open your mouth. In fact, just go away! Palin cannot be taken seriously – she is OLD NEWS. GET OVER IT!!!

November 24, 2008 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  14. ROBERT CROWLEY

PLEASE, PLEASE KEEP HER IN THE LIMLIGHT IT JUST HELP THE DEMS STAY IN POWER THAT MUCH LONGER. HOW ABOUT A PALIN/HUCKABEE TICKET SO THEY CAN WORK HARDER AT IMPOSING RELIGION ON ALL AMERICANS WHICH WAS THEY WOULD REALLY LIKE TO DO.

November 24, 2008 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  15. fkim

How sad ...that money could have been well spent on foster kids in this country.

November 24, 2008 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  16. amused but happy in Vegas

JM November 24th, 2008 1:41 pm ET

If you're going to put Gov. Palin down, I suggest you stop hiding behind your made up screen names and stand behind your identity, age, education and accomplishments. Otherwise shut up you cowards.

Interesting that you don't identify yourself either.

November 24, 2008 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  17. Obamaallthewaytodc

so sad. i am not a feminist, but i really think its a shame how sarah palin doesnt get it and let folk use her up like this. is this the republicans answer to whatever it takes? thats why you are where you are..dumb decisions. its ok. you can have some of this change too. its for everyone. no one but 250 of us are paying it attention...minus me....im done.

November 24, 2008 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  18. Lis

As long as you all continue to attack her, others will feel the need to defend her, and this cycle will go on, and on, and on, and on.... do you get it yet?

November 24, 2008 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  19. foxgate

The problem with PALIN is that she is ANTI American. This is the time for the country to wake up and realize that this country was made great by the spirit of COOPERATION. Palin seeks to divide and try to force a religious minority manifesto on the rest of us. She needs to grow up.

November 24, 2008 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  20. Professor from Seattle

To JM: What have I accomplished that allows me to understand (and vocalize) what a nut-job Sarah Palin is? I went to college when i was 16, graduated when I was 19, kept going and am now on my third PhD in the sciences. (Molecular biology, nutrition, chemistry). I also am one of the youngest tenure-track professors at my college.

You want us to give our credentials? Sure. What about yours?

November 24, 2008 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  21. Beth

What a total waste of money. Do they really think this will have any real meaningful effect? Sara Palin is finished as far as presidential politics go. The Republican Governors don't really have much respect for her either!!!

November 24, 2008 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  22. Desmond Sequeira

Pailin started off being used and, now, she is the user – of a desperate constituency. Her entire conduct during her (and I emphasise "her") campaign, marked as it was by nasty "smear &fear" rhetoric, coming from a so-called Christian, would have made Christ cringe, I think.
    She did declare, "God will do what is right for America". He has now, or hasn't he?

November 24, 2008 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  23. N from Nevada

Enough Already – Let the woman fade into obscurity. She was instrumental in running an extremely negative campaign. The woman is woefully ignorant of what is going on in her own country not to mention internationally. I am Democrat, but to compare her to Reagan is shameful. I truly hope for a change that the Republican party can find someone with true integrity and foresight to lead them.

November 24, 2008 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  24. Bert Convey

Conniving witch? Dave, you don't even know this woman! Just as you don't really know your "personal savior" Obama. But you're about to find out how The Chicago Machine politics really work. Grab your ankles, 'cause Barack's about to bring you that change you were begging for.

November 24, 2008 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |