November 24th, 2008

Pro-Palin 'thank you' ads hit the airwaves

A pro-Palin ad campaign hits the airwaves this week.
A pro-Palin ad campaign hits the airwaves this week.

(CNN) - Election Day was three weeks ago, but political ads praising former Republican VP nominee Sarah Palin are still hitting the airwaves.

The Our Country Deserves Better PAC has begun running spots in Alaska - two 60-second ads, and two 30-second versions — that pay tribute to Palin, with plans to expand the ad buy to the rest of the country sometime this week.

"Governor Palin inspired millions of Americans by fighting for common sense conservative principles in a positive and uplifting manner," chief strategist Sal Russo said in a statement. "I worked with President Ronald Reagan since his first days in the California Governor’s Office, and I can tell you that I see so many similarities between President Reagan and Governor Palin."

The 60-second Thanksgiving-themed spot — which comes days after footage of a Palin interview on a turkey farm hit the airwaves — also points to the Alaska governor's fondness for moose chili as a turkey alternative.

The PAC - which sponsored the "Stop Obama Now" bus tour during the campaign season - said it plans to spend at least $50,000 airing the ads in Alaska. It has not yet released details of the ad buy on national broadcast and cable networks.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Peter (CA)

The right wingers on these blogs keep ranting about how we will not "leave poor Sarah alone". Believe me, I think most of us would be happy to never hear her name again. And, no, we are not afraid of her. Please run her as your candidate in 2012. It will make our job so much easier. Good for her for becoming Governor but trying to grab the national spotlight spewing hate and lies is inappropriate.

LBJ-if you know anything about research, you know that one single study is not enough to mean much. It has to be replicated to show some consistency. By the way, the Brooks study has several large holes in it that make the results questionable at best.

November 24, 2008 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  2. GOP=Epic Fail

Sarah Palin please go away

November 24, 2008 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  3. Andrew

I am an immigrant can not yet vote- but she will not get my vote !!! when I get mine

November 24, 2008 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  4. Sandy

I just love Sarah Palin for the entertainment value. Haven't had so many laughs in years. Although I did cry when I heard her described as positive & uplifting. I remember her as divisive and a creator of fear. I'm so glad the GOP are still spending their money to entertain us. Keep it coming.

November 24, 2008 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  5. HeadlessHessian

I've not laughed this hard since she was 'vetted' for VP. :-)
    I do hope she runs in 2012...what a joke.

November 24, 2008 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  6. Penny

YES!! Thank you Sarah Palin!! I love what you've done!! You inspired millions!!
    THANK YOU for the contrast of capable women and you
    THANK YOU for showing what a foolish old man McCain is
    THANK YOU for helping to elect a true leader and new hope for America!!

November 24, 2008 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  7. eds

Gosh. Won't she just GO AWAY?!?!?

November 24, 2008 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  8. Emit R Detsaw

Who Cares......

November 24, 2008 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  9. Unbelievable

Is this another SNL skit ?

November 24, 2008 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  10. Adrian Veidt

How strange.

What an incredible waste of money this is.

November 24, 2008 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  11. ray

these racists moron son the right will never give up, the election is over red necks and the people of america spoke loud and clear and they did not buy the same crap you people on the right are still selling after the election, wake up america , wake up and shout at these racists on the right, these morons dont like to see progress. the right is all about destruction.

November 24, 2008 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  12. George Poulos

Palin is a JOKE! 'Caribou Barbie' was about as qualified to be VP or P as Pee Wee Herman! Her lack of basic geographical and world event and international knowledge is beyond pathetic and sad, especially for a candidate that was running for VP (and being a heartbeat away from the P)! The conservative party needs SERIOUS restructuring and a new image, and Sarah Palin is the furthest from what they now need. Go away Palin!

November 24, 2008 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  13. WORD UP!

This insanity must end NOW! The election is OVER & Palin didn't win the White House. Her supporters need to except this reality and move on with their lives.

November 24, 2008 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  14. Ron

Hah.... The only thing Palin and Reagan had in common is that they were both dumb.

November 24, 2008 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  15. TrueIndependent

1. Which Party has controlled the White House for the last 8 years?
    2. Which Party has controlled Congress for 6 of the last 8 years?

Gov Palin embodies exactly what has been wrong with the country for the last 8 years – MEDIOCRITY. Mediocre President, Mediocre Republicans, Mediocre Executives.

November 24, 2008 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  16. Justin

Eating moose on Thanksgiving is unpatriotic and un-American. Communists eat moose on Thanksgiving, or, as they call it, the last Thursday in November, because, as we know, communists don't celebrate Thanksgiving. And why would they, they just get everything, as the wealth is spread around to them even though they don't work. So they just sit around on the last Thursday of November, as they do every other day of the year because commies don't work, and eat moose chili and don't give thanks for anything. Ergo, I dunno about you but eating moose chili sure sounds like communism to me.

November 24, 2008 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  17. Phil the Engineer

"And for all the people insulting this woman's brain capacity, what have you ever accomplished?"

20 patents

November 24, 2008 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  18. G*O*B*A*M*A

I can think of many children who could benefit this Christmas with the money being wasted by the lunatics. But i must not say this so loudly lest they call it socialism. For Gods sake why don't you nut jobs help your neighbors instead of throwing money away on the likes of Sarah Palin. I am sure the TV stations love the money you are throwing at them.

November 24, 2008 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  19. Regarding

"JM: And for all the people insulting this woman's brain capacity, what have you ever accomplished? "

JM - I didn't take 6 years to get a bachelor's degree, that is for certain. She couldn't do my job, that's for sure, and I wouldn't want hers.

November 24, 2008 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  20. OBAMA 4 President

It still doesn't make her qualified for the top job. enough already! The people have spoken. Palin should spend more time being educated about her country.

November 24, 2008 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  21. Daryl from Seattle

These guys just...don't...get it! They are doing her more harm than good. Throwing millions of dollars down the drain on Palin right now is a waste and it wouldn't matter even if they did it again in four years. Obama ALREADY beat her! It wasn't McCain who was the competitor, it was Palin with those huge rallies and attacking rhetoric. Nothing will change if she runs again. Some people just don' t have the mental capacity for certain things and national politics puts that on display for Palin. And c'mon.....'Moose' an alternative to 'Turkey'. That is so ignorant.

November 24, 2008 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  22. Bree Gurin

Once the election was over, I was very much looking forward to Sarah Palin's name no longer being in the news. While I understand ultra conservatives aligning with her extreme right views, I do not understand how anyone with any intelligence who is not a radical conservative could support Ms. Palin for any political office of significance that would require decisions be made by an unbiased, intelligent individual. Dismayed as I am, I will remain hopeful that she will soon retreat to her former anonymity in Alaska.

November 24, 2008 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  23. ray

they made the same racists arguments before the election and are still doing it after a landslide, are the morons on the right for real? wowo get a life racistson the right.

November 24, 2008 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  24. WYOMAN

Gov. Sarah Palin has good taste... moose and elk burger makes the best chili. As I am writing this I am enjoying a bowl of elk meat chili my wife made. Beats dryed up roasted turkey!

November 24, 2008 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  25. Change Bring It On !!

Pray for the day Failing falling already fell Palin goes down behind the Alaska sunset.
    She has done nothing except spread hate ,lies , negative everything and knows so little its pathetic all comes to light the minute she opens her pie hole with her high pitched "fingers scratching on a black board voice"
    That video of her and the turkeys is her exact level .
    Move her on Mover her out if can't do better than her give up.

November 24, 2008 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |