November 24th, 2008

Pro-Palin 'thank you' ads hit the airwaves

A pro-Palin ad campaign hits the airwaves this week.
A pro-Palin ad campaign hits the airwaves this week.

(CNN) - Election Day was three weeks ago, but political ads praising former Republican VP nominee Sarah Palin are still hitting the airwaves.

The Our Country Deserves Better PAC has begun running spots in Alaska - two 60-second ads, and two 30-second versions — that pay tribute to Palin, with plans to expand the ad buy to the rest of the country sometime this week.

"Governor Palin inspired millions of Americans by fighting for common sense conservative principles in a positive and uplifting manner," chief strategist Sal Russo said in a statement. "I worked with President Ronald Reagan since his first days in the California Governor’s Office, and I can tell you that I see so many similarities between President Reagan and Governor Palin."

The 60-second Thanksgiving-themed spot — which comes days after footage of a Palin interview on a turkey farm hit the airwaves — also points to the Alaska governor's fondness for moose chili as a turkey alternative.

The PAC - which sponsored the "Stop Obama Now" bus tour during the campaign season - said it plans to spend at least $50,000 airing the ads in Alaska. It has not yet released details of the ad buy on national broadcast and cable networks.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Chrissy

I am a graduate student in Ecology. I am a "lefty" I make less than 18000 a year and I give at least 500 a year to charity not including the time I give volunteering. Maybe 500 a year is not that much, but I give what I can on the salary I make and when my salary increases, so will my donations. Perhaps you should not generalize everybody.

In her first speech at the RNC she insulted people in my field (freshwater ecology and restoration). I do not remember if that was before or after she insulted community organizers. However, from here it was a downhill tumble. Not only does she want to teach creationism in school, take polar bears off the endangered species list so she can drill for more oil, hunt wolves from helicopters, claim to be an energy expert even though she knows nothing of the future of renewable energy, can not name one news source that she reads, not have the ability to answer a question with complete and coherent sentence, but she breeds hate and perpetuates the idea that to be a real American, you should not think for yourself, but think what people tell you is patriotic.

She was and is a disgrace to national politics in our country. If she were to stay quiet in Alaska, it would do us all a favor.

November 24, 2008 02:32 pm at 2:32 pm |
  2. Greg

They're going to spend $50,000 more on those ads? What idiots. Great way to spend money in these tough economic times(rolls eyes).

November 24, 2008 02:32 pm at 2:32 pm |
  3. Debbie

I thought the GOP was stupid. Now I don't think so. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind.

November 24, 2008 02:32 pm at 2:32 pm |
  4. Nan

Let's see – should we thank her for her race-baiting? Or maybe for, again, trying to scare the American citizens by intimating that Barack Obama might be a terrorist? How about thanking her for standing there saying how much fun she's having while those turkeys are conscious and having their heads cut off and their blood drained. Yeah, THANK you Sarah – you creep!!!

November 24, 2008 02:32 pm at 2:32 pm |
  5. Larry Braus

Beaten by over 1 MILLION votes.
    What part of that do they NOT understand??

November 24, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  6. Mike

Our entire country is reeling from the current economy and we have groups spending 50 thousand dollars on Thank You ads to a political candidate after the election is over. How about donating that money to charity? That would be a common sense approach to values. The ads they are running are a disgrace.

November 24, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  7. randy - northern VA

JM- BA in Political Science from Mary Washington College (now university). Went to one school and finished in 4 years. Currently working for the largest consulting company in the world, before that another fortune 500 cpmpany in accounting.
    Palin could not of gotten into MWC.
    Currently half way through my MBA.

white/male/26/fairfax, va

November 24, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  8. R Wolf

Thank you Sarah Palin for not winning the vice-presidency and thank you in advance for staying in Alaska so the rest of us don't ever have to hear from you again.

November 24, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  9. Stupid is as stupid does

Thank you sarah palin for making me vomit again. Shouldn't you be taking care of your special needs child and pregnant unwed daughter?

November 24, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  10. John

Sarah Palin needs more than some cheap commercial spots in AK to salvage her reputation that she herself ruined by being an ignorant, hate spreading hocky mom. All I can say is good luck, I hope she gets the nomination in 2012 so that we can have another 4 years with OBAMA

November 24, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  11. Jeanne H.

Palin's ego is way out of control. Never mind that she has inspired much hatred and bigotry during the election campaign, pitting americans against americans (yeah, those who are more "american" because they're willing to believe in the lies, and those who are smart enough not to believe those lies therefore are un-american) whites against non-whites... what a venomous person, yet her ego has gotten so big she can't stop. Sad...

November 24, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  12. Nawlins

You can bet Palin is behind this – she'll do anything to keep her ugly dumb mug on television – enough is enough – get rid of that bimbo once and for all – I'm sick and tired of seeing her puss on televison – she's a nothing and a nobody – understand; she's nothing but a Hitler Junior.

November 24, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  13. California Girl

I really, really think I'm going to be sick.

November 24, 2008 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  14. Vinnie

Wow, so much hatred and bitterness from those who claim to be tolerant and accepting. Apparently there are many people who feel threatened by Sarah Palin even after the election. Who are you going to blame when the new president and the majority democratic congress don't fulfill your every desire? You folks need to bear in mind that politicians are just PLAYING politics so they can have their way. Neither party gives a diddly squat about any of us, they just want to have the power and run things the way they like. One year from now we'll better know the truth about the president elect. Let's meet back here then and we can discuss how pleased we are with our selection. Until then let's stop all the squabbling and name calling and get on with healing our nation.

November 24, 2008 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  15. jane

I have one question: Just why the heck is Palin STILL in the news??? How truly pathetic... Palin supporters need to stop their whining and pathetic support and remind themselves that she's NOT the VP-elect!

November 24, 2008 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  16. Beth

Seriously? I mean, really...seriously?!?!

She was vile, negative and a liar. But hey..if those are conservative values, I'm more than happy to be a liberal.

November 24, 2008 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  17. Anonymous

lolllll

November 24, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  18. Dawn

That woman Senator John Mc Cain gave the GOP.
    This is a fundraising project to keep her forever in our thoughts- good or bad.
    Oh, Senator Mc Cain.what did you do to us? Is this your get back to America? Are you donating to this cause with your wife, Senators Graham and Liberman?

November 24, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  19. Brian Hunter

You have to be kidding. I lean right on the political spectrum and I still don't understand how anyone with a normal IQ could support this woman.

November 24, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  20. ajks

Talk about a waste of money! With all of the people in the U.S. who do not have enough to eat, and the Republicans spend money to promote a has been. And they wonder why nobody voted their way?

November 24, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  21. So Jeresey

Thanks to FREEDOM OF SPEECH

Morons for Palin can CHEER THIER LIVES AWAY!!!

Hope to see her picture EVERY WEEK

on the Grocery Store Tabloids!!!

Maybe someday a centerfold too.

November 24, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  22. Michael-Ventura,CA

Governor Bimbo-
    Go away and STAY away! You are exactly what our Nation DOESN'T want or need!!

November 24, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  23. The Big NB

This Sarah Palin is non-stop laughs. I love it! Sarah Palin- you inspired millions of Americans, millions of stupid Americans. I'm surprised she still shows her face.

November 24, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  24. Tim, Hillsboro, OR

Someone please tell her to go away!

November 24, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  25. Sandy R in Washington State

Yep...she was a cute little cheerleader with all the numbing and unrealistic values of 1950, totally inappropriate for the 21st Century. Go back to your animal killing, air polluting, overpopulating, profligate, Pollyannish ways..and keep 'em up there in AK where it appears no one cares!

November 24, 2008 02:36 pm at 2:36 pm |