November 24th, 2008

Pro-Palin 'thank you' ads hit the airwaves

A pro-Palin ad campaign hits the airwaves this week.
A pro-Palin ad campaign hits the airwaves this week.

(CNN) - Election Day was three weeks ago, but political ads praising former Republican VP nominee Sarah Palin are still hitting the airwaves.

The Our Country Deserves Better PAC has begun running spots in Alaska - two 60-second ads, and two 30-second versions — that pay tribute to Palin, with plans to expand the ad buy to the rest of the country sometime this week.

"Governor Palin inspired millions of Americans by fighting for common sense conservative principles in a positive and uplifting manner," chief strategist Sal Russo said in a statement. "I worked with President Ronald Reagan since his first days in the California Governor’s Office, and I can tell you that I see so many similarities between President Reagan and Governor Palin."

The 60-second Thanksgiving-themed spot — which comes days after footage of a Palin interview on a turkey farm hit the airwaves — also points to the Alaska governor's fondness for moose chili as a turkey alternative.

The PAC - which sponsored the "Stop Obama Now" bus tour during the campaign season - said it plans to spend at least $50,000 airing the ads in Alaska. It has not yet released details of the ad buy on national broadcast and cable networks.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Bebe

Please keep spending as much money as possible on this.

November 24, 2008 02:48 pm at 2:48 pm |
  2. frank

Instead of these SILLY ads,why don't they spend the money on some sort of charity.

November 24, 2008 02:48 pm at 2:48 pm |
  3. Lynne

There should be a ban on any type of campaigning until 2010! Enough already! We're still trying to recoup from a year and a half of campaigning. Not only are they trying to keep Sarah Palin in the news, but I've seen more of Huckabee within the past week than I've seen of him in the past 5 years. Republicans– please just chill on trying to get into the White House! It's not even vacant yet and the new residents haven't even hung up curtains. Everybody Wang Chung Tonight!

November 24, 2008 02:48 pm at 2:48 pm |
  4. Benjamin Bunch

As an Obama supporter I'd like to chime in....THANK YOU SARAH PALIN! I look forward to thanking you again in 2012.

November 24, 2008 02:49 pm at 2:49 pm |
  5. John S

These people are joking right. The biggest Airhead in America and these fools think this woman was qualified to be a vice president. Now I know that a lot of Americans are uneducated, but this is a little too much. Thank God I am not or ever will be that stupid. i know a lot of AMericans. We have been friends for years and I can just imagine their reaction to this little stun. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. What a farce.

November 24, 2008 02:49 pm at 2:49 pm |
  6. Bob Glavine

Palin is the gift that keeps on giving.

How stupid can you be to support her?

November 24, 2008 02:49 pm at 2:49 pm |
  7. Rick Kastle

Sad. She was nothing more than a last minute chess move by the GOP to make them appear equally "forward thinking" and as time went by she became the albatross hung round an aged war hero's neck. For a minute, it looked like there was a chance to beat Obama, and then...she opened her mouth. Moronathon. Now the nutjobs, rather than feeding the homeless at Thanksgiving, buying jackets for needy children as winter comes in, or even donating to the 2012 GOP campaign coffers, have wasted their money and hence our time on a completely useless commercial with no real point. Bravo, a true example of the cliche of wasteful americans.

November 24, 2008 02:49 pm at 2:49 pm |
  8. David in Philly

Wow! $50,0000.00 going to adds that do nothing! Typical GOP, right wing!

Do you realize how far that $50,000.00 would go toward housing the homeless, feeding the hungry, clothing the poor?

Or, it could buy 3 round trips in a private GM jet - DC from Detroit.

Waste of money, no matter who you are or how you look at it.

November 24, 2008 02:49 pm at 2:49 pm |
  9. stop_palin

With any luck, this PAC will continue to throw all its money away on useless crap, and by the next election, they'll have no cash left with which to spew their lies. Shill, baby, shill!

November 24, 2008 02:49 pm at 2:49 pm |
  10. Ursula

They sure aren't very educated up there in Alaska! Let the whackjob run again! I looked forward to laughing at her every day and now I have to wait 4 more years for more laughter! It looks like they are keeping that nut in the news.... the democrats will win easily with her around!

wink!

November 24, 2008 02:50 pm at 2:50 pm |
  11. sky

who?

November 24, 2008 02:50 pm at 2:50 pm |
  12. Ben Shooner

Why do we need to hear about this woman anymore? Really though, she is the example of how the Republican party must NOT look like if it ever to regain legitimacy. The only viable Republican candidate in 2012 will be Ron Paul-and if he is to become the face of a new conservative movement: One based on sound money, personal liberty, non-interventionalist foreign policy, and an adherence to the Constitution-then the part will have to sever all ties with those of Palin's ilk (read: folksy, jingoist, theocratic, social conservatives).

November 24, 2008 02:50 pm at 2:50 pm |
  13. James Quinn

Well to be honest we can't blame Sara for this one. It's some fringe group that is setting this up. However I do take exception to their description of Ms Palin's motivational techniques. I did not see all her speeches but the ones I did see were filled with fear and loathing. Attacks and talk of real vs not real America. Not much seemed out of bounds for this woman or her handlers. Granted I might have missed something and I hope I did because I don't want anymore of that in a government of the people and for the people. Why? For it does not say much about we the people if that is what we choose.

November 24, 2008 02:50 pm at 2:50 pm |
  14. Josh Maloney, Oakland, CA

Give it up already ! This proves that some people have zero clue that Sarah Palin is polarizing, self-absorbed and has no one to blame but herself for her gaffes.

November 24, 2008 02:50 pm at 2:50 pm |
  15. Palin what books do you read? Gosh dang it, another gotcha question.

Big oil is behind these ads. Big oil is the reason McCain picked her without vetting. McCain spent alot of time visiting the oil rigs. Think he just happened to pick her out of the blue? Don't be fooled. Palin is not going away. The bigwigs are going to ram her down our throats until we accept her.

November 24, 2008 02:51 pm at 2:51 pm |
  16. BC

The only good from these ads...$$ continues to go into the economy...
    Oh...and I guess that the ads will continue to remind us what a buffoon Palin is!

November 24, 2008 02:51 pm at 2:51 pm |
  17. JIM...TX

Us on the left don't hate Palin as all of the rightwing nutters say. In fact we LOVE her! She single handedly GAVE the election to the Dems:) So you Repub's keep toughting her as your SAVIOR in 2112 an us Dems will keep on LOVIN IT!!!

November 24, 2008 02:51 pm at 2:51 pm |
  18. Obi-Wan

I said thanks but no thanks when I voted on November 4!

I love how Palin got beat by a community organizer! haha!

November 24, 2008 02:51 pm at 2:51 pm |
  19. mdg

oh no not again I had to buy a new remote I wore the off and on button out put her ads on fox only

November 24, 2008 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  20. PL

Thank God and Grayhound that lady is back in Alaska. It should be against the law for her to ever visit the lower 48.

November 24, 2008 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  21. Joseph Claghorn

Looks like the 2012 campaign is already in full swing. Can we at least let the democrats fix our economy before we seriously entertain the idea of electing another imbecile as president as we did in 2000?

November 24, 2008 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  22. Mark in VA

I thought this was going to be an article in the Offbeat section. But this is not funny, it is just sick and sad.

It is only a matter of time before the parties realign based on intelligence. And the bad news is stupid people out number and out breed the rest of us.

Just like the movie Idiocracy it is funny till you realize it is true.

November 24, 2008 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  23. Reid

I wished Sarah Palin would just go away - forever!

November 24, 2008 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  24. Carmen

Are you kidding me!!!!! One of the promises of Nov 4th in not having to be subjected to further political ads afterwards. This should be a crime. This ad better not play in my state.

November 24, 2008 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |