November 24th, 2008

Pro-Palin 'thank you' ads hit the airwaves

A pro-Palin ad campaign hits the airwaves this week.
A pro-Palin ad campaign hits the airwaves this week.

(CNN) - Election Day was three weeks ago, but political ads praising former Republican VP nominee Sarah Palin are still hitting the airwaves.

The Our Country Deserves Better PAC has begun running spots in Alaska - two 60-second ads, and two 30-second versions — that pay tribute to Palin, with plans to expand the ad buy to the rest of the country sometime this week.

"Governor Palin inspired millions of Americans by fighting for common sense conservative principles in a positive and uplifting manner," chief strategist Sal Russo said in a statement. "I worked with President Ronald Reagan since his first days in the California Governor’s Office, and I can tell you that I see so many similarities between President Reagan and Governor Palin."

The 60-second Thanksgiving-themed spot — which comes days after footage of a Palin interview on a turkey farm hit the airwaves — also points to the Alaska governor's fondness for moose chili as a turkey alternative.

The PAC - which sponsored the "Stop Obama Now" bus tour during the campaign season - said it plans to spend at least $50,000 airing the ads in Alaska. It has not yet released details of the ad buy on national broadcast and cable networks.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. pax

We all judge others comments by our own common sense. If one is so endowd. At a very great age, I have seen it all and heard it all before. I am appalled by the lack of intelligent thought when judging our leaders. I guess that is why we are always in some type of catostrophe. IF Palin, (god forbid) is a duplicate of REagan as suggested, please build a fence around Alaska and confine her there. Reagan was the beginning of our failure to support our workers and the companies that worked with them to improve the life of our legions of least ability. He applied the catalyst that destroyed the good (GOOD) unions of the workers, and eventually began the flight from our shores of our infrastructure. Our Businesses that supported our countries needs and growth. Now we are seeing the results. Corruption, graft and the greed of the powerful who wish to rape and destroy this democracy by the use of total Capitalism as our rule.It now is not the wealty who are supporting the cash to save the corporate greed, but that of the ordinary working taxpayers of America.

November 24, 2008 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  2. Dave M

Well, having read all of the comments on this article, its clear to me that you libs are still the same. Judging by your unmitigated hatred for Sarah Palin, its obvious that you must be just a little afraid that she might come back to haunt you in 2012. By then, Obama will have proven to be a joke and nothing more than a media creation who was vastly underqualified to be POTUS. I just hope our country survives till then.

See you in 2012, I hope.

November 24, 2008 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  3. Agnes Fleming

It is so good to see that even in these desperate economic times people still have money to waste on pating ads across Alaskan TV thanking Sarah Palin for coming so close to a coup d'etat in pulling off her election to the vice presidency. On the contrary, I would be thanking the people of America for making the better choice. Besides, I thought the people of Alaska were so impressed with their governor why would they need such ads? Apparently, somebody is not as secure in thier position as they would have us believe, and even the people fo Alaska just might come to their senses with a governor who like to be interviewed right in front of turkeys having their head chopped off. With so many people in America losing their jobs and standing on soup lines, I think Sarah Palin should keep her head down and the PAC might find better ways of spending their money, like contributing it to those in need, including unfortunate turkeys who were beheaded in such a public, bloody forum.

November 24, 2008 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  4. Lost in Texas FOREVER

"fighting for common sense conservative principles"? Boy how these conservative principles DO CHANGE. I guess now it's okay for your kids to have babies out of wedlock because the GOP all of a sudden supports unwed mothers. Also it's okay to say enough negative things to cause the ugly side of RACISM to rear it's head at your rallies, huh? And the GOP is wondering why they are losing ground in America..it's partly due to groups like this one. I guess the "Joe the Plumber" thank you ad will be next.

November 24, 2008 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  5. Charm

I would have been impressed if PAC used this wasted money to help feed the many NOW unemployed Americans due to the incompetence of the current administration. Shame on you PAC and enough on Palin already! She's a joke as a political figure and she is certainly not a role model for women, not today or ever!

November 24, 2008 01:34 pm at 1:34 pm |
  6. Cali

This is a complete waste. McCain had my vote until he chose Pailin as a running mate. She did not inspire anything to me, and does not represent me...she is an embarrasment

November 24, 2008 01:34 pm at 1:34 pm |
  7. Terence, VA

I guess Palin is the best the GOP has to offer!!!
    That's really good news for the Democrats.

It's also really good news for those of the Republican voters who do have most of their brain cells still with them: They have a good reason to stop being Republicans now. I know-I was one too.

November 24, 2008 01:34 pm at 1:34 pm |
  8. dishwaterdiva

Two things:

1) Thanks to Sarah Palin for giving all of us more than our money's worth of entertainment during this latest election. We may have actually been bored without her, and had time to talk about the issues.

2) The election is over. Get over it.

November 24, 2008 01:34 pm at 1:34 pm |
  9. dennis_k

Palin = Not news

November 24, 2008 01:34 pm at 1:34 pm |
  10. Michael from Connecticut

The entire ad is really a lie. She proved in her Couric interview that she has no common sense, and calling Obama a Socialist nonstop hardly qualifies as a 'positive campaign' The fact that people are trying to get Sarah Palin to save face truly scares me. Comparing Palin to Reagan is like comparing Bush to Lincoln.

November 24, 2008 01:35 pm at 1:35 pm |
  11. Nicole

And the point of this ad is what?

With our current economic problems, the last thing we need is any group spending 50k on some ads that have no point. Save your money. Spend it in 4 years. God knows you're gonna need it to elect that woman.

November 24, 2008 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  12. mitch

palin would be just as good a pick for SOS ,as the current frontrunner.

November 24, 2008 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  13. Debbie

Sarah Palin told the truth. Those that are accusing her of 'mud slinging' need to open their eyes. She couldn't sling it if it wasn't there. I doubt she has control over what the PAC spends the money on.

November 24, 2008 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  14. G Miller

Stuff like this just furthers the argument that the GOP party is the party of the ignorant. Honestly, the GOP hasn't put a president in the White House in 4 decades that did anything positive for this country, and their base thinks Palin is who they need?

This is just, sorry to say it, stupid, ignorant white women who are enamored with the idea of a silly, dumb hockey mom running our country.

November 24, 2008 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  15. Rick

They can do whatever they want with their money but I think it's a waste. Why not donate it to their favorite charities, or pay their income taxes ahead.

November 24, 2008 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  16. lmc in Seattle

Groan–is the next campaign starting already? Palin was positive and uplifting? Only if you agreed with her! I think she sank McCain's campain with her lies, fear-mongering, and devisiveness. I was not a fan of Ronald Reagon, but except for his "trickle-down" theory of economics that never worked, I would have taken him any day over someone like Palin. I can only hope and pray she isn't foisted upon us again. Isn't Alaska going to take her to task for charging the state to stay in her home instead of the governor's mansion or charging the state for her family's travel? I would think Alaska would be tired of her already!

November 24, 2008 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  17. Independent in NC

Why is this foolishness making headlines? There are too many important issues to cover. NEXT!!!!

November 24, 2008 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  18. Susan, Macedon New York

All I can say to that is that I'm so grateful Ted Stevens lost his senate seat. No doubt he would have been kicked out of the Senate because of his conviction and no doubt Sarah Palin would have appointed herself to his seat.

At least now we don't have to worry about her being in Washington on a day-to-day basis, boring the heck out of us and scaring the children!

These ads are designed to keep her in our face. Hopefully they 'll run out of money soon and she'll disappear into the Alaskan wilderness where she belongs. I just feel sorry for the bears, moose and other wildlife she'll kill while she's "killing time".

Susan
    Rochester, New York

November 24, 2008 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  19. Mary

My wish this holiday season is that the far right will continue to pour money and time into Palin. It's wonderful to see them self destruct!

November 24, 2008 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  20. Bob in Dallas

The public's interest/acceptance of Sarak Palin in any major capacity makes me seriously question the public's ability or understanding to select leaders to lead out out of the Bush administration's inspired wilderness to our place in the world and its history, The woman is devoid of ANY major capacity to fulfill such a role. Frankly, she is an insult to our intelligence!

November 24, 2008 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  21. JM

I love that all the lefty haters are so afraid of Palin. They are so threatened by a strong, conservative woman. Rock on Sarah.

November 24, 2008 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  22. snugglebunny

Is that her holding the wooden spoon? Campaigning really took a toll on her.

November 24, 2008 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  23. John Dahlman

As I am reading these comments about Sarah Palin. I am thinking what a bunch of miserable human beings these people are , it seems there only reason for being is to hate. Sarah Palin has a high approval rating in her state and I think she will do well in Alaska. I think all the people that voted for Obama are going to be disapointed when he is not able to deliver the wonderland he has promised.

November 24, 2008 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  24. SIMP

Please Please run these ads, if you have to in Alaska only. Don't subject us to this idiot any more. DO NOT put this moron out there nationwide, we don't want to see her not to mention hear her annoying voice.

November 24, 2008 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  25. Candid

That empty brain lady has never contributed any good things to this country PERIOD

November 24, 2008 01:38 pm at 1:38 pm |