November 25th, 2008
6 months ago

Obama nominates Orszag for OMB director

CHICAGO, Illinois (CNN) - President-elect Barack Obama on Tuesday nominated Peter Orszag to run the Office of Management and Budget, and Rob Nabors to be his deputy.

Filed under: Obama transition
  1. Gary of El Centro, Ca

Obama is putting together a first rate team........January 20th can't get here fast enough.

November 25, 2008 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm |
  2. ann

Good for him.

However, I do question why Obama keeps himself on the news all the time? I have never seen any previous President-Elect be such a news hog.

I wonder if Obama realizes he is starting to appear Diva like?

November 25, 2008 12:23 pm at 12:23 pm |
  3. tabitha from chicago

Why is Obama only picking men for his cabinet? I voted for him but I am seeing too many men out there and no women and I am beginning to worry. There are a lot of very intelligent women out there that can run a nation just as good or even better than some men.

November 25, 2008 12:24 pm at 12:24 pm |
  4. Mr Independent

Looks like President elect Obama is putting together a Royal flush for a hand. Let's go Jan 20th...the sooner the better.

November 25, 2008 12:25 pm at 12:25 pm |
  5. Tulsa

a good team with a clear objective and an intelligent leader. very cool.

November 25, 2008 12:27 pm at 12:27 pm |
  6. gl, Pittsburgh

Yes, January 20th can't get here fast enough to get this country heading in the right direction ONCE AGAIN. GOD BLESS AMERICAN AGAIN!

November 25, 2008 12:33 pm at 12:33 pm |
  7. Ann of Caledonia, Canada

I agree, with you Gary.

November 25, 2008 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  8. Rachel

I have to agree Gary. The only one I object to is Clinton. I feel Hubby will pull her down. If that is what Obama wants though I say go for it. I think he can keep them straight. Too much baggage with those two but who's to say? I feel a bright future coming on for all of us. Maybe my small amount of income will at least go further in the future when we don't have to hold up everything while the exec's live it up and stash that money.

November 25, 2008 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  9. Praetorian

Who is Peter Orszag?
    He he another trainee of the Clinton administration–or from the Chicago gang?

November 25, 2008 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  10. ANGIE

Nice team you got going Barack CHANGE IS COMING!

November 25, 2008 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  11. Gloria - Minnesota

Great job, Pres. Elect Obama! Can't wait to watch your inauguration on Jan. 20th! I know I will shed many tears of joy and pride!!

November 25, 2008 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  12. anticlintonite

the clinton administration is coming together ,well..........

November 25, 2008 12:41 pm at 12:41 pm |
  13. rena

This is what I call taking charge and not only looking Presidential, but being Presidential. This man will leave a legacy behind that no President will have accomplished. I believe he is more determined to be a successful President and to make this country a success like never before, because the odds are against him in the big lead and media. These I truly believe desire to see him fail tremendously.

Therefore, I believe he has set a goal to excel above and beyond what he purposely planned, just to bring all who doubt and desire for him to fail to open shame.

Keep up the good work! You have many who are praying, believing, and hoping with you. Yes, we are willing to even make sacrifices so that the goal get met. We as a people must learn to budget better and know that we don't have to have everything that shines. Sometimes those things that don't shine as much are more precious and valuable as the shiney things. Let's become a nation of handling our own finances in a responosible way, that want effect our economy the way it has previously. I know that it is not only the people fought but greedy bankers as well; but let's do our part by knowing what we can and can't afford. Stay within your means and you will do just fine.

November 25, 2008 12:51 pm at 12:51 pm |
  14. Timothy

America has effectively slit her own throat with this choice for president. That's what happens when you don't know truth.

November 25, 2008 12:52 pm at 12:52 pm |
  15. Un-Timothy

Yeah, Timothy, I hate to have to be the person to tell you this. But, stop drinking the Kool-Aide, it's over man.

November 25, 2008 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  16. wwf

Timothy. Please enlighten us with the truth. That is if you have the gonads to do so. I would so much like to know the truth by Timothy. I must hear the world according to Timothy. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 25, 2008 01:00 pm at 1:00 pm |
  17. Andrea/ CA

Timothy,
    What the hell are you talking about???? You don't know the truth. You are an IDIOT. At least Pres-Elect is working to come up with solutions that will help all of America, yes even you. What has Bush done???
    Obama has such a big mess on his hands that he needs our support, you guys don't even give him a chance. Lets just wait and see, before you judge the man.

November 25, 2008 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  18. Michael

Timothy, I am clueless how anyone could make such a racist and unknowing comment as you did Timothy, especially given the current state of the nation.

You have your facts desperately wrong when you say that America slit her own throat when it elected President-elect Obama. America slit it's own throat eight years ago and again four years ago when it elected and re-elected President Bush. Now, we will get back on track.

November 25, 2008 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  19. Bugtussle High School Grad

Guess we are owned by Israel?Let me check my google map.

November 25, 2008 01:06 pm at 1:06 pm |
  20. anticlintonite

obama is putting together a team of clintons. expect the wars to continue.

November 25, 2008 01:08 pm at 1:08 pm |
  21. Cori from Colorado

Let's hope all these people are the right picks!

November 25, 2008 01:08 pm at 1:08 pm |
  22. tiffany in ohio

I LOOOOVE MY PRESIDENT ELECT BARACK OBAMA!!!!!!!!! this man is too much. As an African American for the first time in my life I'm proud of my President. An if he screw some things up i will still be proud because i think hell tell the truth if he do.. Already got my camping stuff together for Jan. 20 2009 we gone paaaaaaaarty!!!!!!!

November 25, 2008 01:11 pm at 1:11 pm |
  23. Maggie

Hey, Timothy, America knew the truth. Why do you think Obama's the next president?

November 25, 2008 01:13 pm at 1:13 pm |
  24. No Hillary = No Obama

Obama's administration is top heavy with gray matter. We are leaving no-brainer George Bush to high achievers. Let's see if it makes any difference – really.

November 25, 2008 01:15 pm at 1:15 pm |
  25. Anthony

First of all, Rena, he is not the Second Coming. He is one man determined to do a good job. No one desires to fail.

Second, he campaigned on a platform of change. Both of these men have ties to the Clinton circus otherwise known as Bill's presidency. "No Drama Obama" is surrounding himself with Clintonians in an effort to sidetrack Hill's campaign in 2012. or 2016. So in essence, it's more of the same old Washington politics with Biden and Hilly and the rest of the gang leading what could have been a very succesful president down the same old path.

That stinks, I had hope for some new faces in Washington.

November 25, 2008 01:16 pm at 1:16 pm |