November 26th, 2008
3 months ago

British PM expects Obama in London for G-20 meeting

Brown said he expects Obama at the G-20 meeting.
Brown said he expects Obama at the G-20 meeting.

LONDON, England (CNN) – British Prime Minister Gordon Brown expects U.S. President-elect Barack Obama to come to Britain for the next meeting of the G-20 group of major industrialized and developing economies, he told parliament Wednesday.

"I have talked to the incoming administration," Brown said, adding that Obama "expects" to attend the April 2 meeting.

The G-20 leaders will discuss ways to deal with the global financial crisis, he said.

Filed under: Obama transition
  1. LyonsPhilly

Juan M: He worked hard to get where he is. His daughters were in private school before he became President elect. Don't get mad because you're not working hard to get anywhere. He and his family deserves to reap the greatness from their hard work.....Stop whining and get off your a__

November 26, 2008 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  2. chuck

The British PM said Barack Obama was expected to be at the G-20 meetings next year but John McCain was giving a speech yesterday as if he was the PRESIDENT. He was laying out his travelling plans and political plans for the future.I'll say to John McCain,you lost the election and it's over for you and Sarah Palin. You and her were NFG.

November 26, 2008 01:38 pm at 1:38 pm |
  3. LyonsPhilly

Maybe we can call that third party (DAVID)

November 26, 2008 01:38 pm at 1:38 pm |
  4. LyonsPhilly

Mike H should be extinct...Get a life and take off that boring smoking jacket....

November 26, 2008 01:44 pm at 1:44 pm |
  5. Dan, TX

Hey Juan M. Gates and Hillary won't be deciding on policy, they will be implementing the policy of their boss. Barack Obama. For example, Juan, let's say you are a 55 year old man with lots of experience, but you've made some really bad decisions, maybe because you trusted some information that wasn't accurate instead of questioning it. The company hires someone who is a better decision maker. Say at 30 year old, like me, to supervise you. I tell you what I want done, and then you use your knowledge and experience to get it done. See how that works.

Experienced people bringing about dramatic change because they are being led by an a decision-maker with new ideas and better decision making skills.

November 26, 2008 01:50 pm at 1:50 pm |
  6. CC Harrisonburg, VA

You're right...I am a hater.
    I think we are in an extremely dangerous position after this election–thanks to pop-culture politics...and sheep. (Please note that there is nothing pro-Bush about my post...I'm not even saying that I was extremely thrilled with the McCain/Palin ticket...but I think that we need more than smoke, mirrors and rhetoric .)

This is the first post I've gotten on CNN since the media took over stumping for Obama and you piranhas went right to work. It's so easy to get you liberals riled up. =)

November 26, 2008 01:53 pm at 1:53 pm |
  7. LyonsPhilly

cc Harrisonburg VA – We are all aware of the dangerous economy but we cannot place blame on a man that hasn't even been sworn in yet. i just feel at this time he is making a move and attempt at fixing the problems we are facing. The man currently in office just has the relaxed attitude as if we're not having a problem. I just wish we all would just give the incoming a president a chance. I'm hoping and praying that he does a good job because all will be affected.

November 26, 2008 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  8. JuanM

StacyG

I agree that it is Obama's decision to put his kids in that elite school. It would be nice if he supported vouchers so the rest of us could enjoy the schools. However, he want's to put more money into a horrible system. The USA puts more money into public schools than any other country, yet we have a horrible public school system. Money's not going to solve the problem. Allowing parents to choose the school will solve it.

Obama, just like Clinton and Bush are elitist. At least Carter put his money where his mouth is and had his daughter go to public schools.

November 26, 2008 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  9. Aisha

I went to public school for most of my life and my parents made an arrangement with a company they worked for at the time inorder to send me to a great private high school and I thank them for it! There's nothing elitest about wanting the best school for your children and I think we can all agree that Carter had a better quality public school available to him than Obama does now. It only reiterates the point that the schools need help from the inside out! You watch, to those teachers out there that picked their profession for the three month vacation those days are numbered!!!

November 26, 2008 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |