November 26th, 2008
5 months ago

Obama transition creates India briefing team

CHICAGO (CNN) - The Obama transition team has just set up a special team to interact with the State Department’s Operations Center as well as the office of the Director of National Intelligence, according to an Obama aide. That information is then being filtered to President-elect Obama, who is getting regular updates at his residence here in Chicago. He is scheduled to be home all day Thursday celebrating Thanksgiving with family and friends.

An Obama spokesman told reporters the president-elect had spoken by phone with both Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and Indian Ambassador Ronen Sen.

Filed under: Obama transition
  1. chris of STL

That's called quick action, PE Obama. Thank You. You will do wonders for the humanity!

God bless ...

November 26, 2008 09:03 pm at 9:03 pm |
  2. Franky

Hey Ed, tell the State Department and everybody else who's involve to take it easy, especially over there in India. In my personal opinion, I believe someone on the "inside" knew something. Whether someone who worked there or was involve there. I've been in this crazy game for too long and I can tell you that probably someone got "inside" infromation or something. It's just too planned to be good...

Just tell them to take it easy and keep ALL eyes and ears open. I don't know but somebody doesn't believe in trust...is just too good to get worked out pretty well.

God bless this world...

November 26, 2008 09:13 pm at 9:13 pm |
  3. FL for Obama

What a take-charge leader! I'm so proud of my President-elect!

November 26, 2008 09:15 pm at 9:15 pm |
  4. mitchell

you mean things are changing already? the nerve of barack, to be acting like the president ,while our real president contemplates his navel, during this crises. i'm sure some military advisor told him a naval brigade was on their way to help,and he spent the rest of the day wondering why his naval wasn't asked to go.

November 26, 2008 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  5. Aliou

More of the same.

November 26, 2008 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  6. Aliou

I don't care anymore. Obama just can ask clinton to run the oval office. What is he doing there? all his cabinet is the same old same old. count on the anti change to take charge as usual.

"oh! let me show you how to do it. you don't know how it works. you need me. You can't break the continuity...." all of this is just antirevolution.

walstreet and the others took over even before Obama was elected. They have positioned themselves everywhere. If they knew how to work the economy, why didn't they do it with gwbush?

November 26, 2008 09:47 pm at 9:47 pm |
  7. Iowa Mom

Wow, a take charge man. I love it!

God bless all those being affected by this horrible tragedy.

November 26, 2008 09:47 pm at 9:47 pm |
  8. FJ from Atlanta

Staying on top of things, that is change I like to believe in.

Jan 20th cannot get here soon enough.

November 26, 2008 09:47 pm at 9:47 pm |
  9. Kevin

The Obama team is impressive. They don't owe anything to anyone so I guess you can spend your time responding to things.

November 26, 2008 09:53 pm at 9:53 pm |
  10. Chris

I am so proud of our President Elect Obama! The intelligent appointments and responses coming from his team are such a departure from the spastic and opaque reactions that have defined this current ship of fools who still lord over our country.

Diplomacy requires planning and intelligence. Thank God we elected the smart guy.

November 26, 2008 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  11. Proud to be American

Change has come. He is on the ball.

November 26, 2008 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  12. Lauren

Now is this not funny, from these comments, people are acting like Obama is President already, not President elect. But when I made comments somewhere else about Joe Biden saying Obama would be tested,,, I was told,, wait a minute, Obama is not in office yet?

Which is it folks???

November 26, 2008 10:11 pm at 10:11 pm |
  13. Qstorm

Umm... Just some questions here. Barack is not the president yet. It is cool that wants to handle issues and I have no qualms with that. I just want to know where is our current president? Did I miss something? Hello? G.W.? Are you done with screwing up the christmas cards or pardoning turkeys yet? Hello?

November 26, 2008 10:20 pm at 10:20 pm |
  14. Paul

Sure he's playing the role to a tee. See what great coaching does for you. What concerns me is who is/are the coach(es)...

November 26, 2008 10:22 pm at 10:22 pm |
  15. Eric

Lauren @ 10:11

Will you PLEASE stop being an idiot. He is STILL not the sitting president, but he has the judgement and leadership to be on top of the issues at hand. Please understand the difference between his actions and PRESIDENT Bush's (if he were to make any). Good Night!

November 26, 2008 10:22 pm at 10:22 pm |
  16. Lilarose in Bandon, Oregon

The cowardly Muslims are at it again.......they think because they have long facial hair that they are "real men."

Real men don't take over women and children's hospitals and kill totally innocent people.

What is worse is that the Muslims living in the United States and enjoying our way of life and relative peace never speak out against their brethren.

November 26, 2008 10:26 pm at 10:26 pm |
  17. Proud Democrat

President Elect Obama is just that PRESIDENT ELECT .......at least until the inauguration.

His staff and advisors are making him look silly......we all know he has no real power or authority until January.

So please stop making him look silly!

November 26, 2008 10:40 pm at 10:40 pm |
  18. Craig from NC

This is just silly... he's not the President yet. He is just trying to act like he is in charge. He doesn't know what to do.

November 26, 2008 10:47 pm at 10:47 pm |
  19. No Hillary = No Obama

WHERE IS GEORGE BUSH? Why is Obama's name all over the place – Bush is still the President not Obama

November 26, 2008 10:49 pm at 10:49 pm |
  20. S. Boatman Warrensburg Mo.

Obama Has Done More In The Past 3 Days Than Bush Has Done In The Last 8 Years! . . . And He Is Not Even President Yet!

November 26, 2008 10:50 pm at 10:50 pm |
  21. Texas Teacher

Sorry, Commentators.... Corrected version below for all those who are so offended by a misspelled word :) :

Lilarose…. not ALL Muslims are terrorist, my dear, any more than all Christians are fanatics!

This is a sad commentary on the ignorance of so many Americans even after the election and how many times this issue was addressed. Some people simply cannot get over such bigotry! Ignorance is bliss…. sadly the rest of us have to suffer for such as this. And THIS is the section of our public that are so enamored with Sarah Palin!

Sorry, Lilarose, but if the shoe fits, wear it, my dear.

November 26, 2008 10:52 pm at 10:52 pm |
  22. alfonso guerrero

You are so full of arrogance and short on vision just like your PE. Today’s attack in Mumbai India and just by chance Hugo Chavez and Dmitry Medvedev reaching a nuclear accord, the timing could not be more appropriate.

In both events, it is obvious they waited for the elections to come to a resolve before carrying on with their intended plans. Now, we will never know what if, but rarely life manifests itself in coincidences. God have mercy on all of us on this Thanksgiving.

November 26, 2008 10:55 pm at 10:55 pm |
  23. Texas Teacher

The only people Obama owes politically are We, the People, who financed his campaign! I'm so very proud of that fact! For once we have a President who does not owe one single BIG Business for his campaign financing! AND he is one SMART dude! :) I'm proud to have voted for him... and to have sent my small pitance of a donation.

I'm grateful for Barack Obama and his alligance to US.... to We, the People! I'm just as proud as can be!

Nay Sayers, get thee behind us! *LOL*

November 26, 2008 10:58 pm at 10:58 pm |
  24. Larry

Obama–our rock star--The Messiah--I sure hope he can walk the walk as well as he can talk the talk or something.Good luck !

November 26, 2008 11:10 pm at 11:10 pm |
  25. Johnny C.

Proud Democrat,

I disagree; I stated in another post that Obama should be allowed to have an opinion, same as you.

What difference does it make that he is currently not the President.

As the President Elect he is going to inherit this issue, don’t you agree?
    That being the case, in addition to BOTH administrations working to ensure a smooth transition, this situation not only begs, but obligates Obama to do or say something.
    Now I do not advocate or propose that he be put into a decision making position.
    However, as the next President would it be fair to say that he should have some influence as to a proper response, or course of action?

Imagine what would happen now if Bush suddenly declared war on those responsible and wanted to send in 20,000 troops.
    This close to leaving office would it be prudent for the current administration to at least consult Obama? Would it be in America’s best interest (at this point) to work together to ensure a proper response?

What concerns me more than the Obama hype is that we don’t know Bush's thoughts on this matter.

That said, I believe, no one is making Obama look silly.
    What is happening (or so I believe) is that Obama understands what is going on far better than either one of us and responding as he see fit; despite the fact of being only the President Elect.

Unless of course you know something that I don’t just pray for a suitable outcome to an otherwise F –Up situation.

Enough Said,