December 1st, 2008

Limbaugh calls Obama's selection of Clinton 'a brilliant stroke'

Limbaugh called Obama's selection of Clinton 'a brilliant stroke.'
Limbaugh called Obama's selection of Clinton 'a brilliant stroke.'

(CNN) - Rush Limbaugh seems to have given Hillary Clinton his stamp of approval for the second time this year.

The conservative talk show host — who urged supporters during the primary season to back Clinton in an effort to prolong the bitter Democratic presidential nomination fight — told ABC’s Barbara Walters that Clinton’s selection as Secretary of State was "a brilliant stroke" by President-elect Obama.

He said the move was a political master stroke, effectively ruling out a primary challenge in four years. "You know the old phrase, 'You keep your friends close and your enemies closer?' How can she run for president in 2012?” he asks. “She'd have to run against the incumbent and be critical of him - the one who made her Secretary of State."

Obama himself seemed to give a nod Monday to the pair’s policy disagreements during the 2008 primary season. "I assembled this team because I'm a strong believer in strong personalities and strong opinions,” he said at the event where he named Clinton as the leader of his new national security team. “I think that's how the best decisions are made.”

1. karen

Rush is a crazy racist pig! I pity anyone who respects his opinion.

December 1, 2008 08:46 pm at 8:46 pm |
  2. frank Honolulu HI

He's still an Idiot.

December 1, 2008 08:47 pm at 8:47 pm |
  3. Gary from CT

Rush who? I was hoping that he and Hannity would find some nice big rocks to crawl under at least for the next four years!

December 1, 2008 08:47 pm at 8:47 pm |
  4. gwen

Why does anyone care what this druggie has to say? He is a no one whose opinion is only held high by brainless drones who can't think for themselves.

December 1, 2008 08:48 pm at 8:48 pm |
  5. Joe Nevada

He is back on the PILL's again...Better check him out..How many doctors does he have now???? He is DEAF and DUMB...

December 1, 2008 08:49 pm at 8:49 pm |
  6. Buck

Where is the reaction from Air America?

December 1, 2008 08:49 pm at 8:49 pm |
  7. karen

Nice comment #169 you are insane not brilliant! Get some help. You need drugs and not vicodin!

December 1, 2008 08:50 pm at 8:50 pm |
  8. Excuse Me

Patriot:

Obama is not President yet, is he? There is only one President at a time. He DOES have a plan though, which is more than I can say for the present administration.

December 1, 2008 08:50 pm at 8:50 pm |
  9. barry

excellent choice

December 1, 2008 08:50 pm at 8:50 pm |
  10. Seth

He's played his role masterfully. Now he is joining the Obama club. Nice show you guys put on. Too bad it will be all for naught!

December 1, 2008 08:51 pm at 8:51 pm |
  11. Anonymous

viki-Are you talking about Obama or Clinton?

December 1, 2008 08:51 pm at 8:51 pm |
  12. John Buxton

This just shows that Rush is truly an idiot. Hilary is calculating that Obama will win a second term rather easily, so she is angling for 2016, when she will the logical choice. This has nothing to do with 2012.

December 1, 2008 08:51 pm at 8:51 pm |
  13. Don Russell

Who takes anything a thrice divorced, deaf, drug addicted gas bag says seriously?

December 1, 2008 08:51 pm at 8:51 pm |
  14. arghmisinfo

Whenever I hear Limbaugh's voice on the radio, I literally have to leave the room where the radio is or I might throw it through a window. But, that being said, Rushbo, the moralizing/hypocrite/chicken hawk pill-popper with a sore on his butt which prevented him from going to Vietnam, is right.

I mean, Obama got to see all of Bill's secrets and basically tied Hillary to him and his policies...so, she can't really run against him in 2012. It's brilliant. Obama is a different type of politician, but he's still a politician. He obviously chafes at mudslinging and vitriol and he went out of his way to complement Sen McCain, but I think his political style is to tell someone to go to hell and make them enjoy the trip.

He disarms people with his personality. I remember during the Khalidi controversy and I read up on Khalidi and what he said about Obama and the one thing he said about Obama is that he'll hear you out and make you feel that he agrees with you when he doesn't. Khalidi basically thought Obama after listening to his pro-Palestine position that he was pro-Palestine but he wasn't. During the 2001 intifada, he asked a Jewish legislator friend to sign him up on a letter condemning Palestinian terror attacks. He disarms people by seeming compliant to their interests making them show their hand while he remains ambiguous to them. I like that about him. It shows he plays chess while others are taking risks by playing poker.

And by giving Hillary SOS, which I think she is qualified for since she does know many of the world leaders, he basically told her to go to hell on her 2012 ambitions while giving her a uber-powerful job that puts her under his thumb. I think she meant it when she said she wouldn't run in 2012 but Bill might have convinced her of it later on and she can't run now after being Obama's SOS.

December 1, 2008 08:52 pm at 8:52 pm |
  15. mike

Why is this news?

December 1, 2008 08:52 pm at 8:52 pm |
  16. Willy Brown

Rush you are the best. Anyone who can peeve off liberals with the truth everyday because they know deep down you are right but can't say it opebnly is amaizing.

December 1, 2008 08:54 pm at 8:54 pm |
  17. ALLEN SATRA

wow I want to be a liberal they seem to thrive on bashing must not be able to think of anything else to say. Liberal: someone so open minded their brain fell out

December 1, 2008 08:54 pm at 8:54 pm |
  18. Michelle

Does this drug addicts opinion matter to anyone...I DON'T THINK SO!
    GHOST YOURSELF RUSH!

December 1, 2008 08:55 pm at 8:55 pm |
  19. Eric - Phoenix, AZ

Obama picking Hillary isn't about 2012, it's about grooming her for 2016.
    Rush is a short-sighted moron.

December 1, 2008 08:55 pm at 8:55 pm |
  20. Anonymous

Gee, how unexpected to see so many people (mostly apparent liberals from a quick glance) using ad hominem arguments as their main point. Yeesh, I've met plenty of "dumb rednecks" and I don't see a lot of difference between your logic and theirs. Unsubstantiated, emotional arguments supported by biased sources (if any at all) whose writing style should be characterized as sophism. It's no surprise considering our impeccable education system in this country...

P.S. I am not a liberal, conservative, green party member, democrat, republican or any other thoughtless drone who makes decisions bases on fuzzy self-serving ideals. I take information as it is presented and discovered and I subject it to logic and scrutiny. Anything that is real or the truth will stand up to any and all scrutiny. My fellow Americans: please GET REAL!

December 1, 2008 08:55 pm at 8:55 pm |
  21. Jerry from Oregon

not to mention of course that Rush's favorite past-time is Clinton bashing

December 1, 2008 08:55 pm at 8:55 pm |
  22. Bill,ca

Re: Bush 08

How much linger are you stating that nonsense about Obama be born in Kenia.

You really are nuts !!

December 1, 2008 08:56 pm at 8:56 pm |
  23. Labama

The truth hurts doesn't it? What a group of losers here!

December 1, 2008 08:56 pm at 8:56 pm |
  24. Mack

Rush needs to take a few more pills. Rush and the rest of the moral police ought to look in the mirror. One reason they lost the election is people are sick of others preaching right and wrong and who's a bigger patriot. If I want religion in the government I'll move to Iran.

December 1, 2008 08:58 pm at 8:58 pm |
  25. Lib wing-nuts

Once again the liberal wing-nuts are out in force.

When this great control is in shambles you have only yourselve and Komarad Obama to blame.

The only people that voted for Obama were the people that couldn't think for themselves.

Not very observant of them.

Future United Socialist States of America