December 3rd, 2008

Oprah filming in DC for inauguration week

Oprah hit the trail for Obama during the primary season.
Oprah hit the trail for Obama during the primary season.

(CNN) – Oprah Winfrey is heading to Washington.

The talk show host told Access Hollywood Tuesday night that she will tape her inauguration week shows in the nation’s capital, and has rented the Kennedy Center’s lush Opera House – which seats roughly 2,300 - to serve as her studio for the week.

"I'm going to break that right here; that's where I'm going to be," she said. "See you there . . . that's the place to be."

Winfrey, who fundraised for Obama, appeared with him in several key primary states, including Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina. She was also on hand for his acceptance speech at the Democratic convention in Denver, and his victory speech in Chicago last month.

“There are not even words to talk about what this night means,” Oprah told Access Hollywood that night. “Everybody keeps using the word historic — there’s never been a night like this on the planet earth… Nothing can compare to this.”

1. N. S. Huntsville, Al

That's right OPRAH tell it like it is. Stand up for Obama and what you believe!!! And to hell with all the haters that have a problem with Oprah doing her own thing and the way she wants to do it! Hell she is the Head person in charge of her own show.

December 3, 2008 07:03 pm at 7:03 pm |
  2. SmithonPolitics

Awesome. Should be a great episode.

December 3, 2008 07:03 pm at 7:03 pm |
  3. A Woman In California For Obama

Thank you Ms. Winfrey as I too will be watching both of you and smiling.

Now let the ignorant comments begin....when you finish she will STILL be rich and you will STILL be ignorant.

December 3, 2008 07:13 pm at 7:13 pm |
  4. Watching....

Figures.....

December 3, 2008 07:14 pm at 7:14 pm |
  5. Godluvr

Thank you Oprah, for standing by our man, now President-Elect Obama!

You were very instrumental in causing many Americans to take a more serious look at this wonderful man!

I look forward to your great shows and excellent photos from DC -Obama/Biden Country!

God bless and protect him and his family, VP and his family, Cabinet and staff members!

God, please continue to bless and protect America and the world!

LIGHT of the world, shine on/in US!

December 3, 2008 07:15 pm at 7:15 pm |
  6. bob

Good for her!

December 3, 2008 07:22 pm at 7:22 pm |
  7. ann

Go Oprah go!

Wish you are in Obama's cabinet. It's good you lived live and well to see this day......
    It was long coming....

December 3, 2008 07:23 pm at 7:23 pm |
  8. Voter

WHO CARES?

December 3, 2008 07:30 pm at 7:30 pm |
  9. jean

Oprah was demonized for endorsing Obama.
    O &O have been friends for a long time. Who would blame her after being of an African American slave decendant?

Lets stop being hypocritical.

It's time to put racism behind us and rise like the nation!

December 3, 2008 07:30 pm at 7:30 pm |
  10. henry

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah........
    Go OprahBama!

December 3, 2008 07:33 pm at 7:33 pm |
  11. kaneda

Annoying! Thank god, I never watch her show!

December 3, 2008 07:34 pm at 7:34 pm |
  12. Barbara Moses

I'll be there too! So how do you get tickets to the Oprah Show. I am a former Chicagoan born and raised now Florida resident....driving to DCA! THIS IS THE PLACE TO BE..........

December 3, 2008 07:34 pm at 7:34 pm |
  13. nganenu

Dear Oprah, Sister. thank you so much I wish i could be there with to mark history my own way. It is really more than that. it is breaking the close doors to the race. God bless you
    nganenu

December 3, 2008 07:35 pm at 7:35 pm |
  14. annie - Palin 2012

There is really nothing more disgusting than opie wimpieunless it is little rich boy billy gates who wants to play god.

December 3, 2008 07:39 pm at 7:39 pm |
  15. nate

Let's pray for obama's safety please!!! I ask every believer to fast the day before!!!!

December 3, 2008 07:43 pm at 7:43 pm |
  16. Paul Lennon

Maybe Obama should make Winfrey the driver..
    Who care's.
    I guess she doesn't get enough attention from all her talk show groupies, she now has to hang around politics.
    The sad part is our new president is letting her.

December 3, 2008 07:44 pm at 7:44 pm |
  17. no bailouts

i love oprah.

December 3, 2008 07:44 pm at 7:44 pm |
  18. Oprah had a better night---

That was the night she brought out 70 lbs. of fat in a plastic bag to show how much weight she lost. Now she's a fat tub again wearing moo-moo dresses. Can't wait to see her waddle up on the stage.

December 3, 2008 07:47 pm at 7:47 pm |
  19. Peter (CA)

Huge Obama supporter...but man, I can't stand Oprah.
    Frankly, I think her speech about him being "The One" was something that gave the right wing all kinds of momentum in focusing on personality issues and not on economic issues.

A little subtlety would go a long way, O.

December 3, 2008 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  20. No Hillary = No Obama

What's the definition of racist? Not giving equal time to a white VP candidate, not endorsing a white woman for President, exclusively promoting a Black candidate? Yep, that's one definition.

December 3, 2008 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  21. Lilarose in Bandon, Oregon

As a woman who has African-American-Anglo children in my family, I am still very much perplexed as to why President-elect Obama refuses to acknowledge that he is HALF Caucasian.

It is true, his presidency will be historic.....for an African-Anglo/Caucasian American man.

December 3, 2008 07:52 pm at 7:52 pm |
  22. SYoung

HISTORICAL??? Why because we have elected the 1st. mixed- race President...Everyone says don't bring race into this but it seems that is the leading factor in all this. No other President has gotten this much attention ever & I'm sorry but so far he has done nothing to prove it is deserved. I still would like someone to explain to me how he is the 1st. black President. He is MIXED-RACED! In my opinion there is nothing more historical here than the election of a new President. Eventhough I have read & heard many compare him to everyone from Kennedy to Jesus...he so far has proven nothing but his ability to be a great speaker & mesmerize people into drinking the OBAMA kool-aid...and raising enough money to BUY the White House. As my Grandmother use to say...The proof is in the pudding & Obama hasn't even made it to the kitchen yet. The blacks want to fall all over themselves about finally having a black President...the simple fact is that he isn't black.

December 3, 2008 07:57 pm at 7:57 pm |
  23. Howard Roark

A transition team loaded with lobbyists, and a cabinet loaded with entrenched Washington politicians…yep, change you can believe in.

December 3, 2008 07:58 pm at 7:58 pm |
  24. tom, valley forge, PA

Oprah= rascist

December 3, 2008 08:02 pm at 8:02 pm |
  25. Kay

Anyone who thinks racism is dead need only read some of the posts on these blogs. Hate is alive and well!

And I wonder if Oprah was to have you on one of her give away shows or offer to redo your house would your hate prevent you from taking her money. I doubt it! Funny how people's staunch principles somehow disappear when money is invoved.

December 3, 2008 08:03 pm at 8:03 pm |