December 4th, 2008
1 year ago

Has Palin snubbed Oprah?

Oprah says she wants Palin on her show.
Oprah says she wants Palin on her show.

(CNN) – Did Sarah Palin snub Oprah Winfrey?

That's what the most popular daytime talk show host and fervent Barack Obama supporter appeared to suggest in a recent interview with the entertainment show Extra.

"I said I would be happy to talk to Sarah Palin when the election was over... I went and tried to talk to Sarah Palin and instead she talked to Greta [Van Susteren]. She talked to Matt [Lauer]. She talked to Larry [King]. But she didn't talk to me.”

Winfrey’s comments came in response to rumors she refused to invite the former vice presidential candidate on her popular daytime show.

Earlier this week, the talk show host announced she will tape her inauguration week show in the nation’s capital, and has rented the Kennedy Center’s lush Opera House – which seats roughly 2,300 — to serve as her studio.

“There are not even words to talk about what this night means,” Oprah said of Obama's inauguration. “Everybody keeps using the word historic — there’s never been a night like this on the planet earth… Nothing can compare to this.”

Filed under: Oprah Winfrey • Sarah Palin
  1. Peter TX

what?! who cares, I pray Oprah never invite her, NEVER! ! !

December 4, 2008 05:59 pm at 5:59 pm |
  2. Love Huckabee

Not one cares about Palin, but the media. Get over it CNN!!

December 4, 2008 06:03 pm at 6:03 pm |
  3. Voter

Who cares?

December 4, 2008 06:06 pm at 6:06 pm |
  4. A Really Conservative Realist

Yes Mrs. "God is Everything" Oprah. Yes Mrs. "My God is Not Jealous" Oprah....My bad, Ms. Oprah Winfrey. She just lives with the guy. I must agree. There has NEVER been a day like this. This is bigger than the first Easter...

December 4, 2008 06:07 pm at 6:07 pm |
  5. Soccer Nana

Don't worry about it Oprah; you have never had "candidates" who are actually in the running for public offices on your show before and there was no need to change your rules for Palin. It is her loss, not yours.

December 4, 2008 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  6. Californiaaaa

She wasn't happy that Oprah refused to buy her a $150,000 wardrobe for her show appearance, so she threw a tantrum, took her ball and went to play with the others

December 4, 2008 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  7. Chris

Well, gee, I wonder why, Oprah. Is it because you "snubbed" her during the campaing?

Those other people you mentioned are real journalists. You brought us Dr Phil.

Get real, oprah.

December 4, 2008 06:09 pm at 6:09 pm |
  8. KJL

Oprah doesn't kiss butt. Palin is afraid to get near her.

December 4, 2008 06:09 pm at 6:09 pm |
  9. Fair 'Nough

Way to go Sarah!!!! Oprah had her head buried up somewhere else too badly during the election to recognize you then, she doesn't need the rating points now. Stand your ground.

December 4, 2008 06:11 pm at 6:11 pm |
  10. Reatte Beaumont, Texas

I hope that Sarah never talks with the so called non bias talk show waman. Oprah at all that.

December 4, 2008 06:11 pm at 6:11 pm |
  11. Dorothy in NC

I was delighted that Oprah did not invite Sarah Palin to be on her show and why should she give her exposure when she was for Obama. If it were my show, I wouldn't have either.

As for Palin snubbing Oprah, I don't think Oprah cares and either do we. Just because the media keeps her in the news for every little thing doesn't mean we care.

December 4, 2008 06:12 pm at 6:12 pm |
  12. Va. Boomer

Calling doctor Phil, calling doctor phil, Please come talk to Oprah, and have her stop jumping on the couch. I think she is hysterical about this president.
    I mean...., I like him too, but, you have to stop jumping up and down on the couch Oprah. Someone call tom cruise, and we can have a double dose of jumping. : )

December 4, 2008 06:12 pm at 6:12 pm |
  13. Rachel

I am not a sara palin fan, but good for sara. Oprah what's your beef waaaah waaaah. Oprah just because you say you can speak to me now doesnt mean they have to come running. Sara will probably be happy to talk to you in about oh say 4 years lol. Why should she let you makee ratings off her make ratings off the one.

December 4, 2008 06:13 pm at 6:13 pm |
  14. esther

Hearing Oprah compare herself to Matt Lauer & Larry King and suggest that Obama's inauguration will be the greatest thing on planet earth reminds me why I can't take her seriously. I am a huge Obama supporter, but for heaven's sake.

December 4, 2008 06:14 pm at 6:14 pm |
  15. California Gold

I'm sorry but Oprah Winfrey is annoying. After Winfrey supported Obama and refused to interview anyone during the election, does it now seem like a "snub" that Palin decides to interview with other people? It's not all about Oprah Winfrey. Palin also has a say in who she wants to use as a platform to promote herself. What would be the quid pro quo with Oprah? Truthfully there are plenty of people who will jump when Oprah snaps her fingers. Maybe Palin feels discriminated against because Oprah is liberal and Palin is conservative. Maybe she just doesn't want to sit down with Winfrey. Snub implies more than this story has on face value.

December 4, 2008 06:14 pm at 6:14 pm |
  16. I'm Not Missing The Old Mule & Winky Half-baked Alaska

Naw! Palin isn't qualified or talented enough to clean up after Oprah's dogs! Tell her to get her frozen Litle Miss Ice Chip behind back to ALA-A-A-SKA to do herself some privileged governin' also bless her heart too you bet'cha gosh darn it!

December 4, 2008 06:15 pm at 6:15 pm |
  17. Brian G, Sugar Land, TX

Oprah, do you really care? We don't.
    An interview with Palin is like an interview with "Joe the Plumber" guy...BORING!

December 4, 2008 06:15 pm at 6:15 pm |
  18. diane

I bet when Palin has a book to promote she will begging Oprah to interview her.

December 4, 2008 06:15 pm at 6:15 pm |
  19. Godluvr

Oprah does not need SP to get ratings like the others do!

I understand the media thing, and the temptation to be In-The-Loop by having the 15-minute famer on your shows. But this time, it's not necessary. Let it go Oprah – Please let her go!

December 4, 2008 06:16 pm at 6:16 pm |
  20. Matt

Yes Oprah, there have been other events in the history of planet earth that can compare to Barack Obama being elected President.

Exagerrate much?

December 4, 2008 06:16 pm at 6:16 pm |
  21. Scott

Boo Hoo. Poor Doprah!

December 4, 2008 06:16 pm at 6:16 pm |
  22. Darrel from Denver

Fine with me. No interest in seeing Palin at all and not a fan of the show.

December 4, 2008 06:16 pm at 6:16 pm |
  23. G

You should be thankful Oprah after she called Obama basically a terrorist and stood there while people yelled out kill him I would not like to see her on your show ever! I will not forget that and you are better off without her as a guest.

December 4, 2008 06:18 pm at 6:18 pm |
  24. carol

I doubt Oprah could have had an intelligent conversation with Sarah Palin anyway......nobody else has!!!!

December 4, 2008 06:18 pm at 6:18 pm |
  25. Lost in Texas FOREVER

I kind of think that unlike some of the other interviews that Gov Palin has done, an interview with Oprah may not be as friendly. Gov Palin made some accusations during the election about Obama that weren't all together true or founded, plus her rallies did tend to attract a say less than friendly crowd with sometimes even racist things being said and jeered, I'm sure Gov Palin may not want to be put on the spot with this by the "queen of daytime". She already did NOT seem too comfortable at the governor's meeting with Pres-elect Obama there. Yet if she DOES go on the show more power to her.

December 4, 2008 06:18 pm at 6:18 pm |