December 4th, 2008
1 year ago

Has Palin snubbed Oprah?

Oprah says she wants Palin on her show.
Oprah says she wants Palin on her show.

(CNN) – Did Sarah Palin snub Oprah Winfrey?

That's what the most popular daytime talk show host and fervent Barack Obama supporter appeared to suggest in a recent interview with the entertainment show Extra.

"I said I would be happy to talk to Sarah Palin when the election was over... I went and tried to talk to Sarah Palin and instead she talked to Greta [Van Susteren]. She talked to Matt [Lauer]. She talked to Larry [King]. But she didn't talk to me.”

Winfrey’s comments came in response to rumors she refused to invite the former vice presidential candidate on her popular daytime show.

Earlier this week, the talk show host announced she will tape her inauguration week show in the nation’s capital, and has rented the Kennedy Center’s lush Opera House – which seats roughly 2,300 — to serve as her studio.

“There are not even words to talk about what this night means,” Oprah said of Obama's inauguration. “Everybody keeps using the word historic — there’s never been a night like this on the planet earth… Nothing can compare to this.”

Filed under: Oprah Winfrey • Sarah Palin
  1. Thomas Shedlarski

So maybe Palin snubbed Oprah but Oprah also snubbed Palin. Why is that OK? Perhaps Palin will talk to Oprah after Obama takes office or when he is no longer in office...who knows and who cares! Get over it Oprah and move on.

December 4, 2008 08:34 pm at 8:34 pm |
  2. keeth in california

I don't care about either of these big egos. Please stop reporting this kind of trash news.

December 4, 2008 08:34 pm at 8:34 pm |
  3. Jane T, Williamsburg, VA

Good for Sarah. Oprah is just an opportunist. Sarah is by far the better person.

December 4, 2008 08:34 pm at 8:34 pm |
  4. Warren

"and can we stop with the whole, this isn't as big as jesus' birth,".....Hey, if you're not religious, that's your problem. You'll get religion sooner or later and let's hope, it's not later. As for Oprah and Palin, they come out of the same mold-full of themselves and just entertainment.

December 4, 2008 08:35 pm at 8:35 pm |
  5. John

It should be clear to most people by now that Sarah Palin is a closet racist, if not openly racist. She is the GOP cover girl, and they are giving their core base, exactly what they want. It's all pretty sickening.

December 4, 2008 08:35 pm at 8:35 pm |
  6. JoePub

It's funny how the Palin haters keep on repeating the same old "Isn't her 15 minutes of fame up yet"? Uhh, no sorry apparently if nobody was interested in her then she would have gone away. Just because YOU do not care for her does not mean that others are not interested. You see, some of us actually have the ability to think for ourselves and do not need the blatantly bias media to "tell us" who we should pay attention to.

With that said, I respect Obama now and I wish him the best of luck. He seems more central that I originally thought he'd be so I'm going to give him a chance. As far as Oprah is concerned, it's Sarah's choice if she snubs the show, so what?

And for the last time, please stop playing the race card if it is not warranted. Just because someone may not agree with Obama or his politics does not make that person a racist. I don't make things an issue with race, why should you?

December 4, 2008 08:36 pm at 8:36 pm |
  7. Helen

@ Dr Larry December 4th, 2008 7:58 pm ET

GET A LIFE AND STOP SHOWING YOUR JEALOUSLY.

YOU HAVE YOUR THRILLS AND OPRAH AND OTHERS WHO SUPPORT PRESIDENT ELECT OBAMA HAS THERE.

YOU HAVE APPROPRIATELY 46 DAYS. (LAST COUNT) BUT START PRACTICING THESE WORDS: "YES, PRESIDENT OBAMA"

December 4, 2008 08:36 pm at 8:36 pm |
  8. Anonymous

I am sure Palin will have an adequate explanation. Personally speaking simply because she is a social conservative (strike one) and managed to trick (strike two) enough voters in a very unpoplulated state(strike three) to vote for her really says nothing. It is like paying attention to Joewhateverhisnameis. This woman needs to return to obscurity but the Republicans are too confused to realize that. I do believe we are going to see another 1912 style split of the Republican party and again the Progressives will split off from the idiots.

December 4, 2008 08:37 pm at 8:37 pm |
  9. Pat Allen

Let her go back to obscurity. She won't even get governorship again. The Republicans are looking at another 1912 split in their party with Progressives going off on their own and the social conservatives along with the rest of the idiots whining in their beer.

December 4, 2008 08:40 pm at 8:40 pm |
  10. Tom in Desoto, Tx

Good she didn't get Palin, perhaps intelligent life will take Palin's place

December 4, 2008 08:40 pm at 8:40 pm |
  11. Herb

Being Snubbed by Palin is like being Snubbed by a Moose-- Who cares ???

December 4, 2008 08:40 pm at 8:40 pm |
  12. aynes54

Oprah must need to get her ratings back up...I heard they were way down....She needs people to come back and get behind her after her endorsement of Obama put so many people off so she NOW wants to have Sarah Palin on her show. Good for Sarah Palin!!!!

December 4, 2008 08:40 pm at 8:40 pm |
  13. Bridg

Oprah, trust me, a snub from that ding bat is the best thing to ever happen you you!! I am so upset with you for wanting to subject us one more time to that bable, bable, bable Sarah Palin! I cannot stand the sound of her voice!!

December 4, 2008 08:42 pm at 8:42 pm |
  14. Jeff

Yeah, Oprah, there has never been a night like this. We have elected a terrorist sympathizer president. Heck, he even has a terrorist's name. And why should Palin talk to you? You snubbed her during the campaign and now she is snubbing you. I can't stand your show and I can't stand you. I think you are overrated and the only reason why people watch your show or voted for Barack Hussein Obama is because of collective white guilt. Of course CNN (Communist News Network) won't print this because they are a bunch of cowards who don't believe in free speech.

December 4, 2008 08:42 pm at 8:42 pm |
  15. Scooter

Good! I don't feel that Oprah deserves to have Sarah Palin on her show. Sarah shouldn't stoop that low! The media is basically all in the hands of the radical left (like Oprah).

December 4, 2008 08:42 pm at 8:42 pm |
  16. Twanna

Read the comments of others don't just post them. You sound so ignorant with all the name calling. You think Oprah cares about what you say. Or Sarah for all the stupid comments. These people are in the spotlight and you all are just moths flying around them. Lets stay factual and not just post or say just anything withour merit. Let's keep this strictly for adults so all you teen-agers stay off this blog. That's what you act like.

December 4, 2008 08:43 pm at 8:43 pm |
  17. You don't need to know my name

Does anyone really care?!

December 4, 2008 08:44 pm at 8:44 pm |
  18. Scott L

I told you. Oprah, Katie, all those idiots trashed Palin or snubbed her during the election.

Now they want a hot ticket to try to appease back to the right.

Palin is right to snub them. They are biased liberal trash.

They are so rich they don't care about the tax increases Americans will see. It is so awesome I am laughing at all of you morons that voted for Obama. I am set with cash to ride out the storm, hope you are too!

December 4, 2008 08:44 pm at 8:44 pm |
  19. munny

Oprah is just your typical political prostitute. She could care less about women or women's issues, but that is what she sells herself as. If she cared more about women than she would have had Palin on during the campaign because it was still a historic event for women – period.

She did not though, and now she figures she can get her political win and still cash in on Palin's ratings appeal. I have no desire to see Palin in politics, but the woman certainly owes nothing to a phony like Oprah.

December 4, 2008 08:44 pm at 8:44 pm |
  20. Julie

Good for Palin. Was hoping the one person (Oprah) who I used to just love until she turned into an Obama lover, would have Palin on her show as I thought she was a fair person. I realize she has her own agenda. Sarah is a christian and since Oprah thinks there are many ways to get to heaven, I quit watching her show forever.

Jesus is the only way Oprah. And there is NO other way.

I didn't say it, the Word of God did.

December 4, 2008 08:44 pm at 8:44 pm |
  21. susie

Good for Palin, she doesn't need Oprah.

December 4, 2008 08:44 pm at 8:44 pm |
  22. D

Oprah didn't let Palin on. Palin is saying no to Oprah. That's sweet revenge I think! Maybe Oprah needs better ratings; that's why she's inviting Palin. She brought Obama on the show and no one else...I can't stand celebrities who insist on having a say in politics.

December 4, 2008 08:45 pm at 8:45 pm |
  23. no bailouts

i love you oprah, you are so right ,there has never been a time like this in our life time, God bless you, and God bless obama.

December 4, 2008 08:46 pm at 8:46 pm |
  24. elle

Applause to Sarah Palin for not bowing down to the great Oprah. Oprah dissing Palin will have far greater repurcussions than Palin dissing Oprah. Palin is on her way up and Oprah is on her way down.

December 4, 2008 08:47 pm at 8:47 pm |
  25. Scott L

@James-

Um, woman running for VP and Oprah didn't want her on her show during the election to give her air time.

Are you kidding me? You are very biased obviously and have your tongue on an Obama sign licking it.

When your taxes go up and you lose your job (i hope hope) then you will regret your decision.

Obama is going to ruin the American economy. Democrats have owned congress for 2 years. count them, 2 years and yet we are in a mess...where was the oversight on fannie mae and freddie mac?

December 4, 2008 08:47 pm at 8:47 pm |