December 4th, 2008
1 year ago

Has Palin snubbed Oprah?

Oprah says she wants Palin on her show.
Oprah says she wants Palin on her show.

(CNN) – Did Sarah Palin snub Oprah Winfrey?

That's what the most popular daytime talk show host and fervent Barack Obama supporter appeared to suggest in a recent interview with the entertainment show Extra.

"I said I would be happy to talk to Sarah Palin when the election was over... I went and tried to talk to Sarah Palin and instead she talked to Greta [Van Susteren]. She talked to Matt [Lauer]. She talked to Larry [King]. But she didn't talk to me.”

Winfrey’s comments came in response to rumors she refused to invite the former vice presidential candidate on her popular daytime show.

Earlier this week, the talk show host announced she will tape her inauguration week show in the nation’s capital, and has rented the Kennedy Center’s lush Opera House – which seats roughly 2,300 — to serve as her studio.

Filed under: Oprah Winfrey • Sarah Palin
  1. Anonymous

Get a grip. I'll never read anymore of this trash. IT is one of th ekey reasons this country is in the shape it is in.

December 4, 2008 08:48 pm at 8:48 pm |
  2. Rex Newton

Can anyone shut this woman up. Who CARES about Oprah? She's nothing. Palin is right to snub your show. GET OVER YOURSELF, OPRAH!

December 4, 2008 08:48 pm at 8:48 pm |
  3. ck

Oprah needs to stick with the "couch bouncers" and the like...

that is about all the intellectual depth her audience can handle!

December 4, 2008 08:48 pm at 8:48 pm |
  4. Sandy

Sarah Palin may be a little on the silly side but she has enough sense to know that Oprah will ask her tough questions instead of the softball questions she got from Fox News and Larry King.

December 4, 2008 08:48 pm at 8:48 pm |
  5. NO PALIN

CNN - STOP COVERING THIS IDIOT.

December 4, 2008 08:48 pm at 8:48 pm |
  6. mpv

To Dennis, you must be an idiot if you think Palin is smart! She talked in circles, never gave any answers and is an uncivilized moose hunter, who doesn' t have any regard for anyone but herself.

December 4, 2008 08:48 pm at 8:48 pm |
  7. Jake Taylor

There has never been a night like this in on the planet earth??? Please get over yourself, there are times I wish I never voted for Obama out of spite...I can't take it anymore.

December 4, 2008 08:49 pm at 8:49 pm |
  8. Zora

Duh! You idiots talking about Jesus...Uh, I don't believe Oprah was around for that "historical" event. This (Obama) is a "historical" event that she'll be able to attend...get a life!

December 4, 2008 08:49 pm at 8:49 pm |
  9. blane

The birth of Jesus Christ in Bethlehem trumps this "historic event" a little, you think? I mean, angels came to His earthly inauguration. Oh, and Oprah...His glory will never fade.

December 4, 2008 08:49 pm at 8:49 pm |
  10. bear

Hey dennis mn:

Learn to spell!

December 4, 2008 08:51 pm at 8:51 pm |
  11. casey

The most important night in earth's history....wow. The man hasn't been in office one day and he is the culmination of all humanity's efforts through out the ages. I wonder why Palin won;t go on the show...it isn't like she is biased or anything.

December 4, 2008 08:51 pm at 8:51 pm |
  12. Trish

I'm glad Sarah Palin snubbed that big mouthed Oprah.

December 4, 2008 08:51 pm at 8:51 pm |
  13. amazed

OK...seriously..."there’s never been a night like this on the planet earth… Nothing can compare to this.” – ????????

Get over yourself and get a grip on reality. If she feels that way for the racial significance, all I would say is that all this proves is that we are at our core NOT a racist country and actually the least racist in the world – and have been for quite some time now.

She is a windbag and a fool...a smart, hard working, successful woman...but a fool nonetheless.

December 4, 2008 08:51 pm at 8:51 pm |
  14. cobra

It is fun to see all the whinning of the dems ane left wing, It makes me smile that Sarah stirs them up even after the election LOL

December 4, 2008 08:52 pm at 8:52 pm |
  15. Yvonne

I'm glad Palin snubbed Oprah – what goes around comes around. There was absolutely no reason for Oprah to refuse to have Palin on her show until AFTER the elections. That was a very prejudiced move on her part and I'm very surprised that she did that.

December 4, 2008 08:53 pm at 8:53 pm |
  16. former gop

Palin is rancid.

December 4, 2008 08:53 pm at 8:53 pm |
  17. Pailed By Palin

Good, she shouldn't be in the same room with intelligent people. I'm sure there's some local yocal station she can go to.

Hey, how about the turkey farm again. They loved her.

Sarah should stay in Alaska and take care of her kids. And for goodness sakes, don't breed anymore, five little Palins is enough.

December 4, 2008 08:54 pm at 8:54 pm |
  18. Allen in Hartwell, GA

I am a white, middle-aged, southern male and I have no idea why Oprah would waste her time and the time of her fans on Governor Sarah Palin. If everyone would ignore her maybe she'd go back to Alaska where she is appreciated.

Oprah, you asked once...don't press your luck!

December 4, 2008 08:54 pm at 8:54 pm |
  19. ?

And we care why?

I'd say Oprah got the best end of the deal.

December 4, 2008 08:55 pm at 8:55 pm |
  20. CJ Richards

Palin didn't go on Oprah because O would have exposed who she is as a person. Oprah is different from other interviewers as she brings out the full scope of a person when she interviews them.

Palin has too many missing parts...

December 4, 2008 08:55 pm at 8:55 pm |
  21. Just plain mad

Historic? It's historic all right. We are going to have a junior senator from the screwed up state of Illinois running our country. What a joke.

December 4, 2008 08:55 pm at 8:55 pm |
  22. Anonymous

Say What?

Why don't you have Obama on your show again and ask him to produce his Certificat of Live Birth, to prove to America he is eligable to be president, before you start planing an inauguration show.

"on the planet earth... Nothing can compare to this"

Jeesshhh Harp get the hell over yourself and your Obamanation fascination... He is not president yet!

December 4, 2008 08:56 pm at 8:56 pm |
  23. chuck

Hmm....I just can't figure out why she is doing this. Is it because of his political party? No, that's not it. Maybe it's because he's from Chicago? No, couldn't be. There must be something I'm overlooking? She's such a fair-minded and unbiased person...I just can't figure out why she has made such a big deal?

December 4, 2008 08:57 pm at 8:57 pm |
  24. Megan

Did any of the morons on here read the story? Oprah invited Palin onto her show, and she declined. I'm betting Palin declined because every interview she's every done has been a p.r. nightmare for her, and she can't think off the top of her head. Don't ask me how she got into public office; I guess there must be slim pickin's up there in snowville.

Also, the racist people who are commenting their filth on this story seriously need to take a good look at themselves. There is no room for racists anywhere but hell.

December 4, 2008 08:57 pm at 8:57 pm |
  25. maurice

“There are not even words to talk about what this night means,” Oprah said of Obama's inauguration. “Everybody keeps using the word historic — there’s never been a night like this on the planet earth… Nothing can compare to this.”.... i uswed to think oprah was smart, until i read this. i can think of a few nights that out shine this 1 by far.....the freedom of slaves is just 1.........open mouth insert foot clamp down there oprah.

December 4, 2008 08:58 pm at 8:58 pm |