December 4th, 2008

Has Palin snubbed Oprah?

Oprah says she wants Palin on her show.
Oprah says she wants Palin on her show.

(CNN) – Did Sarah Palin snub Oprah Winfrey?

That's what the most popular daytime talk show host and fervent Barack Obama supporter appeared to suggest in a recent interview with the entertainment show Extra.

"I said I would be happy to talk to Sarah Palin when the election was over... I went and tried to talk to Sarah Palin and instead she talked to Greta [Van Susteren]. She talked to Matt [Lauer]. She talked to Larry [King]. But she didn't talk to me.”

Winfrey’s comments came in response to rumors she refused to invite the former vice presidential candidate on her popular daytime show.

Earlier this week, the talk show host announced she will tape her inauguration week show in the nation’s capital, and has rented the Kennedy Center’s lush Opera House – which seats roughly 2,300 — to serve as her studio.

“There are not even words to talk about what this night means,” Oprah said of Obama's inauguration. “Everybody keeps using the word historic — there’s never been a night like this on the planet earth… Nothing can compare to this.”

Filed under: Oprah Winfrey • Sarah Palin
  1. Neutralizer

You folks are funny!!! None of you know Alaska, Alaska is the RICHEST STATE of the Union. That's the ONLY state of the Union every man, woman and child received dividend from their oil company annually. Under the governorship of Sarah Palin, Alaska now has a surplus of around $10 billion. The people of Alaska are not poor like you folks, you drive a car, people in Alaska fly their own airplane. You all might cry when you reach Alaska, your 25 bucks won't buy you a halfway decent dinner. Mcdonalds will cost you an arm and a leg. Palin is very smart and uses common sense, she is more action than talk, while a lot of you here are more talk than action. I bet some of you here are on welfare or unemployed.

About Oprah, she can take the road to Timbuktu! Yeah she do a lot of charities, that is 100% TAX DEDUCTIBLE, she ain't doin' it for nuttin'. A lot of you must not be filing your annual taxes, you don't know that part.

December 4, 2008 09:38 pm at 9:38 pm |
  2. gp

I don't believe Sarah can handle the intelligent questions, she wouldn't know how to respond to them. She would look like a deer in headlights or she would probably tell Oprah, “I’m not going to respond to those questions”

Move on Oprah, you don't need that dimwit.

December 4, 2008 09:39 pm at 9:39 pm |
  3. Xavierism

I would lose respect for Palin if she agreed to do Oprah's show. Since the election, I've lost respect for Oprah. Palin has the right to choose which shows she does and doesn't do. Ya betcha!

December 4, 2008 09:39 pm at 9:39 pm |
  4. TimMN

Dr. Larry dude if you are trying to sound educated in your comments you are only making a fool of yourself. And using the race card after this historic election really looks shallow and empty minded.

December 4, 2008 09:39 pm at 9:39 pm |
  5. Fred Reyes

Oprah, please do not have Palin as guest or I will not watch your show again...ever.

December 4, 2008 09:40 pm at 9:40 pm |
  6. Dante in Madison, WI

Who... bloody... cares..???

December 4, 2008 09:40 pm at 9:40 pm |
  7. tony

all palin needs for christmas is a brain

December 4, 2008 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  8. Mike from Carolina

I'd love to read Rock's definition of conservative and the "Believer's" definition of liberal. It seems a few of you are big into labels and name calling which indicates an inability to intelligently describe whatever it is you're suggesting. Another writter called BO a criminal. What crime would that be . . . . being black, articulate and elected,maybe? Those are crimes indeed to the remnants of our racist's Jim Crow era. Oh, and don't forget Dr. Larry's post wherein he told us what BO is thinking. No real wonder. Limbaugh and Hannity, etc. do that all the time; i.e.
    make up some ridiculous idea and say that Obama must think this or that. If you want to know what Obama thinks, go to his web site. All of his speeches are there along with specific outlines of his positions. You only need Hannity and Company if your'e looking for something untrue and negative.

December 4, 2008 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  9. Merle

GLAD SHE DID SNUB HER!!!!!!!! OPRAH IS OVERRATED AND FULL OF HERSELF...WERE ON EARTH WINFREY...DONT LOOK BACK...WEVE GOT ELLEN NOW!!!!!!!!!!

December 4, 2008 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |
  10. Cindy

I made a vow last week to not click on any more stories about Palin-I decided that the only way she will disappear is if people stop showing interest in her bone-headed actions and antics. So I broke my promise today by looking to see why she won't appear on Oprah. My television viewing time is limited, and I certainly would not waste 10 minutes of my day watching her.

December 4, 2008 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |
  11. Hillary

I'm so glad to be WHITE and not an ignorant, racist CRACKER! CLEARLY there is a difference!

December 4, 2008 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |
  12. Ken

Oprah needs to get a life! Who does she think that she is? If I were Palin, I would not give Oprah the time of day! Oprah thinks that she is so special, well, to me, she is no better than anyone else.

Oprah, give it a break and stay to your own self interests.

December 4, 2008 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |
  13. Jane, Atlanta

Just an added note....have you ever been to Alaska? Have you actually ever talked to anyone in that great state? Maybe since they sit on alot of oil reserves that would provide our country some much needed independence from the evil people who hate us..
    you would show more respect for a state that could be Russian, but is American....I really don't think ALL AMERICANS REALIZE HOW IMPORTANT ALASKA IS TO US AND THE FACT THEIR GOVERNOR GETS THE OIL ISSUE IS EVEN MORE IMPORTANT...
    WAKE UP AMERICA......I WISH OBAMA WELL FOR THE SAKE OF MY FAMILY'S SAFETY AND OUR COUNTRY, BUT I DO RECOGNIZE OUR IGNORANCE AND DISRESPECT FOR A STATE THAT COULD PROVIDE US SOME INDEPENDENCE AND OPRAH SHOULD SHOW THAT AND BE RESPECTFUL...THIS ISN'T ABOUT RACE...MY GOD HE IS BOTH BLACK AND WHITE WHY CAN'T PEOPLE REALIZE THAT...

December 4, 2008 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |
  14. deb

this has nothing to do with politics, but did anyone see the clip on Campbell brown tonight of the dog pulling the other dog out of the street ? I just want to know if the dog that was hit is ok ?

December 4, 2008 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |
  15. Are U Serious, TN

Sarah,

If you want to be the leader of the country, you should learn how to sit down and talk to people (Oprah) you don't like.

December 4, 2008 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |
  16. Paul

I swear, you can't talk about anything without religioholics bringing up God or Jesus.

December 4, 2008 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  17. Lisa

We are acting like Oprah is some kind of royalty and someone should be honored to be on her show. Personally, I don't care to hear about either one of them. We need to move forward and focus on the state of our country and not two women that aren't going to help us during this time. It is sad this even makes news. Again, the media has failed by bringing us pointless news.

December 4, 2008 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  18. REPUBLICAN FOR OBAMA

Palin is scared to come anywhere close to an intelligent woman like Oprah! I am hoping that Oprah will not talk to palin because that will be one show I have to miss...i cannot tolerate that stupid woman's screeechy voice!
    Oh yes, no night like the inaguration night! History being created is an understatement and i love Obama too

December 4, 2008 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  19. Joanna

Poor, poor Oprah. Somebody, who is nobody, won't appear on her show. For once, I admire Sarah Palin. She won't go to any lengths to appear on TV. Everyone knows Oprah is a manipulator, and will never never get her honour back or her audience!!!

December 4, 2008 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  20. April

So Oprah did not want to talk to Palin before election because according to Oprah she did not want to talk to candidates while election was going on. Right? Well, someone remind Oprah that she did talk to "Obama, the Clown", on her talk show when he was a candidate. Wasn't that so, or I'm I making it up? She did not talk to Hillary and Palin, both women and Oprah is a woman. Is she not? Or I'm I mistaken again? Someone tell me what is wrong with this picture please? This woman call Oprah, now wants to talk to us women? What in God's name for? Had she lost her manly man mind? "REMEMBER WHAT GOES UP, WILL SURE COME DOWN." Palin and women, please stay away. SHE DEFINITELY IS NOT ONE OF US. SHE CAN OWN EVERYTHING SHE WANTS IN THIS WORLD, BUT ONE THING SHE CANNOT OWN "GOD'S KINGDOM." ISN'T THAT ASHAME?

December 4, 2008 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  21. Watchbird

I expect that the Governor has a large back-log of state business to attend to now in this period of crisis and might not be able to justify the time and afford the extra personal staff required to prepare for a hostile public interview.

December 4, 2008 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  22. Alex

Poor Oprah! Imagine the self acclaimed "Queen of Daytime" being snubbed.....Who cares what Oprah thinks. She's out to boost her own ratings.

December 4, 2008 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  23. Oprah TX

It's all about Money. Do you guys know how many people will watch the show. You keep your stupidity and Oprah will be a billioner forever.

December 4, 2008 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |
  24. REPUBLICAN FOR OBAMA

And to Dennis nm: I bet u r an uneducated, single white male with no woman in ur life! Your comments seem very low-life like palins!

December 4, 2008 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |
  25. Ted

Ms Winfrey is a self-serving demigod, and believes that everyone should treat her as such. Besides Ms Palin, there have been several other notable figures who refuse to go on her show and to give her credability. Since she stands for everything, she actually stands for nothing. Whether liberal or conservative, it is time that we 'real' people just ignore those such as Ms Winfrey and hope that they'll go away and not try to impose their ideas on the rest of us.

December 4, 2008 09:47 pm at 9:47 pm |