December 4th, 2008

Has Palin snubbed Oprah?

Oprah says she wants Palin on her show.
Oprah says she wants Palin on her show.

(CNN) – Did Sarah Palin snub Oprah Winfrey?

That's what the most popular daytime talk show host and fervent Barack Obama supporter appeared to suggest in a recent interview with the entertainment show Extra.

"I said I would be happy to talk to Sarah Palin when the election was over... I went and tried to talk to Sarah Palin and instead she talked to Greta [Van Susteren]. She talked to Matt [Lauer]. She talked to Larry [King]. But she didn't talk to me.”

Winfrey’s comments came in response to rumors she refused to invite the former vice presidential candidate on her popular daytime show.

Earlier this week, the talk show host announced she will tape her inauguration week show in the nation’s capital, and has rented the Kennedy Center’s lush Opera House – which seats roughly 2,300 — to serve as her studio.

“There are not even words to talk about what this night means,” Oprah said of Obama's inauguration. “Everybody keeps using the word historic — there’s never been a night like this on the planet earth… Nothing can compare to this.”

Filed under: Oprah Winfrey • Sarah Palin
  1. FloJo

Sarah Palin chose to talk to journalist instead of seeking to appear on a "just us girls" show?
    I guess finally, in Oprah's world it is ALL ABOUT ME....pathetic.

December 4, 2008 10:25 pm at 10:25 pm |
  2. Lauren

First,
    Oprah snubbed every other candidate when the campaigns were going on ,,, Except Obama.
    So Sarah, love her or hate her, has every right to tell Oprah to pound salt.

As far as her comments about never seen a night like this. It shows her true racist colors. Obama being elected President is NOTHING compared to when JFK was shot, men landed on the moon, Martin Luther King was killed.
    I am not an overyl religious man, but Jesus walked the Earth way before Obama did. ( I am suprised Obama has not been compared to him yet )

Her comments reflect nothing more than racism. And I wish someone would call her on it on her show.
    There are WAY more important night and events than Obamas ceremony. What about Rosalee Parks. Did she not pave the way long before Obama was even born?
    Sorry Oprah, but Obama getting elected and sworn in in NOT the best thign that has ever happened in the world. And it not the best thing to ever happen to the African Amercican community. And neither are you Oprah, I do not care how great you think you are.

December 4, 2008 10:25 pm at 10:25 pm |
  3. Eliza

Sarah Palin rocks! She has better things to do than spend time with a depressed and negative has-been like Oprah.

December 4, 2008 10:26 pm at 10:26 pm |
  4. Robert

I guess that's what Oprah gets for picking sides during the election. Everyone knew who she wanted, so maybe she and her ratings can go fly a kite.

December 4, 2008 10:26 pm at 10:26 pm |
  5. Bob

By the way, I couldn't care less whether or not someone is on Oprah. I've watched it a couple of times, but it's simply pap and I've got better ways to use my time than to blow it listening to the "nuggets of wisdom" that come out of her show.

As for Palin not going on Oprah's show, that's her decision to make and I think it's the right one. Why even REMOTELY trust Oprah to be objective? She's a bully on her set, pure and simple. And hypocritical to boot. I think if you did a survey you'd find that Oprah is WAY less influential than many of you think.

December 4, 2008 10:27 pm at 10:27 pm |
  6. ABG

Why would Sarah Palin want to be interviewed by Oprah?

Oprah snubbed? Did Oprah not snub Palin during the election?

You reap what you sow!

December 4, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  7. Sue in MI

Consider yourself lucky Oprah. She can't complete an intelligent sentence, let alone carry on a discussion.

December 4, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  8. Paul

It's unfortunate to read a lot of negative postings about one of America most beloved and adored personalities. Ms. Winfrey endorsed President-elect Obama in 2006 during her appearance on Larry King Live. Shortly after that, she made the decision not to allow any of the candidates on her show until after the election. Governor Palin selection as VP candidate did not change that and should not have changed the decision because Ms. Winfrey is a woman of her words. And now the election is over, Governor Palin is invited to Oprah Show. It's now up to Governor Palin if she wants to come to the show. And by the way, Ms. Winfrey does not need Governor Palin or any of us, remember she is a Billionaire.

Secondly, when Ms. Winfrey said that "there are not even words to talk about what this night means,” and "there’s never been a night like this on the planet earth… Nothing can compare to this,” what she meant was that the inuaguration night is going to be historic, monumental and ground-breaking. She spoke from an African American perspective. Some of us who are whites, need to sometimes put ourselves in non-white people's shoes instead of critizing them.

May God bless America and our New President. Happy Holidays!

December 4, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  9. Oprah puke

That's the worst makeup job I've seen in a while. Oprah and the rich liberals out in California are the reason Obama got elected. Talk about a president for sale. I wish him luck though. The country needs to get back on track and lead the world out of this mess.

December 4, 2008 10:30 pm at 10:30 pm |
  10. Ann

WHINE WHINE!

oprah you had your chance...why the Hell should Sarah Palin go on your show just to help you boost your SORRY ratings!?

oprah FORGOT WHO got her where she is today ... WOMEN ! ! !

Now Women are not watching her show because she couldn't be a "fair and balanced" journalist ! OH WELL, oprah, SNOOZE you LOSE! WE hope you lose your show !

Buh BYE !!

December 4, 2008 10:30 pm at 10:30 pm |
  11. Carra

Of course Palin has appeared on Greta and Huckabee they are right wing Fox news people........... I dont watch Palin on any interview period. I can only take her hypocrisy and air brain for no more than two minutes at a time

Oprah endorsed Obama. there is no reason for Palin to appear on her show. I Like Oprahs show though I work too much to watch it much. I wont waste my time on Palin on any station she opens her silly mouth on

December 4, 2008 10:31 pm at 10:31 pm |
  12. Carra

Carylie your ignorance is showing. President Elect Obama is ten times more intelligent than you sweetie

December 4, 2008 10:32 pm at 10:32 pm |
  13. juggernaut

Palin is smart to keep away from Oprah. The queen of talk will only corner her on her marital affair and teenage pregnancy. These things are better left alone. :)

December 4, 2008 10:34 pm at 10:34 pm |
  14. Arizonan for Obama/Biden

April yes you are mistaken, Oprah did not talk to Obama when he was a candidate but soon after he announced his candidacy (something like a week later) so please before you start with your ignorant anit-Americanism that is often spewed from the right please get your fact straight or is that to hard?

December 4, 2008 10:35 pm at 10:35 pm |
  15. D.Tin

I am no fan of Sarah Palin but do you guys really think Oprah wanted her on her show???? way to go Sarah for giving her a way out!!!..

December 4, 2008 10:35 pm at 10:35 pm |
  16. Nikki

Oprah hates Palin and in defense, Palin snubs Oprah. Not only does Oprah hate her, but the rest of America hates her as well. Palin should stop doing these random interviews, and stop trying to be in the spotlight. Her five minutes of fame are over. No one cares anymore! Plus, I have no clue why McCain chose her as a candidate... That is the worst choice that a presidential candidate could ever make.

December 4, 2008 10:36 pm at 10:36 pm |
  17. Carra

Jane in Atlanta..... I will never give Palin the time of day. I would never give her any respect period. Of course shes got a big crowd turn out. Shes a celebrity. Look how people follow every single world Brittney Spears says. People like celebrity. Thank God I dont live in Georgia

December 4, 2008 10:36 pm at 10:36 pm |
  18. Ohio Lady

Please, no more Palin! Does she really think she could pick a cabinet like Obama has done? Only the dumb-dumbs in America and men who don't necessary think with their heads...are turned on by Palin. The rest of us thank God we have a Christian President with some brains for a change. She really thinks she is better than all the experienced Republicans out there? Who is she kidding? Just because she can draw a crowd....so can Brittany Spears. Does that mean she should be President? Is she debates Obama in 2012, she won't get away with lies like she did in this campagin! Don't you all like the way he is palling around with terrorists? What a liar!!! Surely the Republican party has something smarter than this????

December 4, 2008 10:36 pm at 10:36 pm |
  19. gregg

as the lead story on cnn,, it takes a leader with diabolic rhetoric,, a country under economic duruss,, and we all turn on each other........... wow way to go amerika,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, heil obama,, king of the highest kings,,, savior of the world,,, the leader from the underground,,, the most

December 4, 2008 10:36 pm at 10:36 pm |
  20. Mike W

oh my. did sarah wear makeup today? did sarah kiss britney spears? did sarah die her hair purple? is sarah writing a comic strip? did sarah have beefaroni for supper?

WHO CARES!

December 4, 2008 10:37 pm at 10:37 pm |
  21. JC

Oprah gave up her women-focused agenda for a black-focused agenda. She will survive, but won't be as big as she was before. I would applaud Palin for snubbing Oprah. When you get involved in politics you have to realize the backlash. Oprah supposed the black candidate (Obama) over the woman candidate (Hillary). It is clear what is her agenda.

December 4, 2008 10:37 pm at 10:37 pm |
  22. maryderricotte

Oprha extended the invitation because she said she would, If Sarah palindoes not apear than Oprah can adleast say she did invite her. As for how happy one can be about the inaugeration is her joy.I share joy. I read alot of real nasty things said about Oprah, which I don't think she deserves, and if Sarah palin does not want the invitation just don't take it. Really it doesn't matter. But I will say its time for sarah Palin to go home.

December 4, 2008 10:39 pm at 10:39 pm |
  23. jim

Glad Paln is not granting Oprah an interview. Why would anyone want to get on her show adn continue to make her billions. Yes I feel she is a bit racist and wish that most of her show watchers (which by the way are largely caucasion) would stop watching her garbage. Still funing over the car giveaway several yrs ago that most people then and todsay thnink she gave away 200 cars at her cost,. It was the car manufacture who gave them away and yes the ones who are in front of congress begging for $$$. Oprah did not even have the decency to pay the taxes for the folks who won these cars. I would bet the show made some hefty $$ that day in terms of rating.

December 4, 2008 10:39 pm at 10:39 pm |
  24. readmylipstick

OMG! Noprah thinks Sarah should come on her show! Ha!
    nanny nanny boo boo–oprah got the boo hoos. Sarah–tell Noprah to kiss off! and to all you kool-aid drinkers–the joke is on you!

December 4, 2008 10:40 pm at 10:40 pm |
  25. JIMMIE W BECK

WINDFREY WOULD NOT WANT PALIN ON HER PROGRAM OR TO INTERVIEW PALIN IF JOHN MCCAIN HAD WON THE GENERAL ELECTION.. WINDFREY WOULD BE A BITTER BITTER WOMAN IF OBAMA HAD LOST. WINDFREY SHOWED US WHAT SHE IS ALL ABOUT WHEN JOHN MCCAIN FIRST CHOOSE PALIN AS HIS RUNNING MATE. WINDFREY IS RIGHT THERE WITH MOST OF THE WOMAN ON THE PROGRAM, ""THE VIEW""...SINCERELY J W BECK

December 4, 2008 10:42 pm at 10:42 pm |