December 4th, 2008

Has Palin snubbed Oprah?

Oprah says she wants Palin on her show.
Oprah says she wants Palin on her show.

(CNN) – Did Sarah Palin snub Oprah Winfrey?

That's what the most popular daytime talk show host and fervent Barack Obama supporter appeared to suggest in a recent interview with the entertainment show Extra.

"I said I would be happy to talk to Sarah Palin when the election was over... I went and tried to talk to Sarah Palin and instead she talked to Greta [Van Susteren]. She talked to Matt [Lauer]. She talked to Larry [King]. But she didn't talk to me.”

Winfrey’s comments came in response to rumors she refused to invite the former vice presidential candidate on her popular daytime show.

Earlier this week, the talk show host announced she will tape her inauguration week show in the nation’s capital, and has rented the Kennedy Center’s lush Opera House – which seats roughly 2,300 — to serve as her studio.

“There are not even words to talk about what this night means,” Oprah said of Obama's inauguration. “Everybody keeps using the word historic — there’s never been a night like this on the planet earth… Nothing can compare to this.”

Filed under: Oprah Winfrey • Sarah Palin
  1. Nikki

To Dennis of December 4th,

Oprah has the right think she is the best in the game. Oprah thinks she is great because she has accomplished many achievements in her lifetime such as building a school in Africa and provide a very informative talk show to women. Palin thought that Africa was a country! Her teenage daughter was pregnant! If she can't even manage her family, then how can she manage a country? At least Oprah produces and manages many successful projects. Hilarious!

December 4, 2008 10:43 pm at 10:43 pm |
  2. Bill Bixbie

S, Palin hate Oprah for the fact she was at Obama's campaign rally and not her's and all so she like to be in the spot light in charge and not share it with Oprah show.

i don't know if she don't like Oprah for the fact is a darker skin people some people talk behind close doors there could be more to this all so.

if i had a chose to give a award to most likely people for being a dummy it be S-Palin.she is so clueless what is going on in the world.

December 4, 2008 10:43 pm at 10:43 pm |
  3. Democrat for Sarah

I love Sarah!

Palin 12

December 4, 2008 10:45 pm at 10:45 pm |
  4. Ann

Well Well, Looks like most folks, even on this blog, CAN'T STAND oprah !

GOOD ! Looks like I'm not alone ... THIS is why oprah is wanting SARAH PALIN so badly ! oprah KNOWS it will draw HUGE ratings...ratings oprah DOES NOT DESERVE ~ not now and NOT EVER !

I quit watching about 15 years ago....GLAD I DID !

Buh BYE UNGRATEFUL oprah ! ! !

December 4, 2008 10:46 pm at 10:46 pm |
  5. Marie Marshall

I hope Sarah Palin stays off all the shows that were so obnoxious during the election campaign.Hopefully some of these show hosts will catch on that the viewing public is tired of the self important attitude of people that sit on TV and ask other people questions. This is not rocket science people.

December 4, 2008 10:46 pm at 10:46 pm |
  6. Greg

Historic.. yes! But to say the world will be different just because Obama has been elected? Give me a break.

The man has no track record. He has been elected on a promise of change (both in IL and now the presidency). Time will tell.

I actually like the man, but I have yet to fall for the hype.

December 4, 2008 10:46 pm at 10:46 pm |
  7. Republican will rise again!!

I'm so tired of this side show we called an election with the ring leader of the circus walking away with his staged win! America wants to be part of a fake revolution so bad that they jumped on the first bubble gum culture hero and rode his back til the end. I've always been proud of America, so much that I've been serving in our armed forces for 12 years so far. how many of you hippies can say that!?Sadly, I plan on separating in the next few months because I refuse to have a commander in chief that I will not respect and his knee-jerk reaction to pull out of Iraq so his nickelodean audience will attempt to re-elect him in 2012 when they are old enough to vote. I am going to take a hiatus from this country and return when good ole' republicans are back in office and run this country the way it was meant to be! Viva republicans!!!

December 4, 2008 10:47 pm at 10:47 pm |
  8. cavafaire

I'm so glad CNN gives these whack jobs a place to expound on their right wing opinions and racist attitudes. The venom spewed here is just unbelievable from people who claim to be Christian. Their arrogance is exceeded only by their stupidity. . but the constitution guarantees their right to be stupid and they certainly utilize it..

December 4, 2008 10:47 pm at 10:47 pm |
  9. Kneps

Why would she go on Oprah? Oprah is swooning over Obama. I quit watching. Nothing good on there anymore.

December 4, 2008 10:48 pm at 10:48 pm |
  10. Janet -NY

WOW ! Oprah has already forgotten that herself was totally imbroiled in biased opinion during election. I became one of one million to stop
    watching and subscribing Oprah show and magazine. It's time for Oprah should price now for it. I respect Sarah Palin is like a huge
    energy.

December 4, 2008 10:48 pm at 10:48 pm |
  11. TyWebb

There's not enough room in one setting for both of their egos.

December 4, 2008 10:48 pm at 10:48 pm |
  12. Sue

Sarah Palin is old news, she should go back to beauty pagents. Oprah doesn't need her anyways!

December 4, 2008 10:48 pm at 10:48 pm |
  13. Tom

Typical Liberal, "I'll give you the air time after the election" Just like CNN, NBC..... INSTEAD OF PRESENTING ALL OF THE FACTS AND LETTING YOU MAKE A DECISION, THEY SHOW YOU WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO SEE! CHECK OUT THE BBC NEWS!

December 4, 2008 10:49 pm at 10:49 pm |
  14. Cathy, Peoria AZ

SOem of you seem to forget that Oprah stated that neither candidate would be on her show until after the election since she was supporting Obama.
    The hateful statements exhibited here tell me this country has learned nothing, we are still more racist than not.

December 4, 2008 10:50 pm at 10:50 pm |
  15. oh, come on

To "me" at 9:59

It is for God and God alone to determine who believes in Him and who does not.

Strictly speaking, Oprah was right. There never has been a night like that in human history. She didn't say that Obama was the Messiah. She said it was a night unique unto itself. Try to put yourself in her shoes – as the decendent of former slaves, it must be incredible to see a black man become the President of a country that used to enslave their race. I can only imagine. I am white.

Please don't give us Christians an even worse name by accusing fellow Christians of false faith.

December 4, 2008 10:50 pm at 10:50 pm |
  16. Bobby Burns

Why would she , you are a racist........PERIOD

December 4, 2008 10:51 pm at 10:51 pm |
  17. EJ

Why is Oprah so important? She is so yesterday. Along with CNN, she's the other media arm of the Democratic party.

December 4, 2008 10:51 pm at 10:51 pm |
  18. Carl

Why would Palin give her any amount of time after what she did on her show?

Are you kidding me? Palin is too good for her, She doesn't need an Obama supporter hack to get attention....

December 4, 2008 10:51 pm at 10:51 pm |
  19. Lizzy in CT

Is Oprah Winfrey still on television? Wow. I'd rank her with The View. Two thumbs down.

December 4, 2008 10:52 pm at 10:52 pm |
  20. Clint

"there’s never been a night like this on the planet earth… Nothing can compare to this.” These comments further demonstrate the reality that Oprah Winfrey is a racist. I never celebrated any presidents race when it was equal to mine, even if there ancestors experienced difficulties. Oprah will never be aired in my home again –ever.

December 4, 2008 10:54 pm at 10:54 pm |
  21. T

Is this historic because he has a darker skin color and was born to a midwestern white lady/black Kenyan man? Because he is mulatto? I don’t see anything different over other Presidents that have been elected.

Also, African-American does not = Black! I have plenty of white African friends that came to America, so they are more African-American than most of those that call themselves African-American. Plus, we are all just Americans as soon as we obtain citizenship. The government and media need to stop the use of this term and Mexican-American or any other -American.

Happy Holidays to all.

December 4, 2008 10:55 pm at 10:55 pm |
  22. Karl K

I used to think that the left's whining about Bush was excessive. Then I got a look at the right's whining about Obama and realized that the left was tame in comparison.

December 4, 2008 10:57 pm at 10:57 pm |
  23. Anonymous

So this is more important than the founding of out country? The birth and resurrection of Christ? What a moron. Its sad women all over the world invest so much of their time in such a ignorant and stupid woman.

December 4, 2008 10:58 pm at 10:58 pm |
  24. Bobby

Why would Palin want to sit down with Oprah? Palin doesn't need her.

December 4, 2008 10:59 pm at 10:59 pm |
  25. Sick of Oprah

I am SO SICK of Oprah... I used to love her show now I don't have a desire to even watch it.... Who cares about Oprah's political views? Is she really that much better than anyone else? I think not. I can't wait for her to get off of her high horse.

December 4, 2008 10:59 pm at 10:59 pm |