December 4th, 2008
1 year ago

Has Palin snubbed Oprah?

Oprah says she wants Palin on her show.
Oprah says she wants Palin on her show.

(CNN) – Did Sarah Palin snub Oprah Winfrey?

That's what the most popular daytime talk show host and fervent Barack Obama supporter appeared to suggest in a recent interview with the entertainment show Extra.

"I said I would be happy to talk to Sarah Palin when the election was over... I went and tried to talk to Sarah Palin and instead she talked to Greta [Van Susteren]. She talked to Matt [Lauer]. She talked to Larry [King]. But she didn't talk to me.”

Winfrey’s comments came in response to rumors she refused to invite the former vice presidential candidate on her popular daytime show.

Earlier this week, the talk show host announced she will tape her inauguration week show in the nation’s capital, and has rented the Kennedy Center’s lush Opera House – which seats roughly 2,300 — to serve as her studio.

“There are not even words to talk about what this night means,” Oprah said of Obama's inauguration. “Everybody keeps using the word historic — there’s never been a night like this on the planet earth… Nothing can compare to this.”

Filed under: Oprah Winfrey • Sarah Palin
  1. Cool Head

Me leave Oprah alone. Stop judging people and their religion. You have your belief, be happy with it. Stop trying to force people in deciding whether or not to believe in your god. There are many religions in America. You're only stirring up wars and rumours of wars when you try to pit one god against the other. Stop it. Doesn't the Middle East tell you anything? Is that what you want here? If so let the wars begin.

December 4, 2008 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  2. Denise

Who cares? Oprah is lucky and it raises the dignity of her show : )

December 4, 2008 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  3. Phil in Ca

I don't think she snubbed Oprah. Palin had to get back to Alaska and fast. She was informed a idiot was missing from it's village and now the entire state is in a uproar.

December 4, 2008 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  4. Eric

If McCain was black, and Obama was white... who would Oprah have voted for???

I think it's crystal clear that she voted for the candidate that was black... period.

I personally didn't like Obama or McCain... but at least I didn't base my feelings on skin color.

It outta be interesting to see all the "change" that's going to happen with 'Magic Man' in the White House... if he actually gets the chance.

I hope he does.

December 4, 2008 11:18 pm at 11:18 pm |
  5. Cool Head

Folks, stop hating on Oprah's cash. One they you may with the lotto a couple hundred times in a row and come close to having what she's got. She's beautiful by the way. She's a real cutie.

December 4, 2008 11:18 pm at 11:18 pm |
  6. Rena

Sarah Palin should not give Oprah the time of day. She showed her true colors and I would never watch her show or any of the other biased liberal shows including, Abc, Nbc, Cnn.or OPrah.....

December 4, 2008 11:18 pm at 11:18 pm |
  7. Robert

Please enough on of Sarah Palin this women will never be president, she so far out of mainstream and only appeal to the far far right wing of the republican party, this same reason why Jesse Jackson could never be president to far to left. I hope the republican party is stupid enough to nominate her in 2012.

December 4, 2008 11:18 pm at 11:18 pm |
  8. LoriLu Sprague

I have one thing to say to Oprah – Get over it and get over yourself!!!!
    MONEY can't buy you everything. You bought Obama – I hope you get what you paid for. I use to be a fan – not anymore!!!!!

December 4, 2008 11:20 pm at 11:20 pm |
  9. Don Thomas

Why does anyone even watch that horrible talk show host? She is boring and her fake emotions are annoying.

December 4, 2008 11:23 pm at 11:23 pm |
  10. Anonymous, FL

I wonder if there would have been this many hate-full bloggers if the repugs could have USED Oprah to have THAT WOMAN on her show.

Oprah doesn't need THAT WOMAN for the ratings. THAT WOMAN talks in incoherent circles. She was only good for inciting hatred & racism. What a Christian!

OBSERVATION: Not all republicans are racists, but most racists are republicans.

December 4, 2008 11:23 pm at 11:23 pm |
  11. fat john

Two of the most irrelevant people ever.

December 4, 2008 11:23 pm at 11:23 pm |
  12. Mike in San Antonio

For the love of God, Oprah..."there’s never been a night like this on the planet earth"...seriously? You seriously think this tops everything else? Are you insane or just so full of your own hype that you think whatever comes out of your mouth is gold?

As to Gov Palin not coming on your show? Why should she? You didn't have time for her during the campaign so why should she have anything to do with you now? Get over yourself!

December 4, 2008 11:24 pm at 11:24 pm |
  13. Mary

Oh give me a break. A new president is a big deal every 4 years and there is always nothing to compare. It is always a fresh start for all of us and there are always 50% who are disappointed. I personally do not understand why white women even bother to watch you Oprah – you are so racist.

December 4, 2008 11:24 pm at 11:24 pm |
  14. Steve in WI

Man, I expected to read the usual dismissals of Palin but I had no idea that so many readers/posters here hate Oprah Winfrey. Rage on, dudes.

By the way, Oprah never said that Obama was bigger than Jesus; she only said that this inauguration would be unique in history. Indeed, it will be. I'm not sure if people are raining on this parade out of jealousy that the spotlight isn't on Sarah this time, or if they're eager to downplay the achievement of a black man, or if they're just tired of all the buzz.

December 4, 2008 11:24 pm at 11:24 pm |
  15. James

The quote above from Oprah seems that Obama is greater than the birth of Christ. I think everyone seems to be a little out of control about Obama from the press to Oprah who seems to think he is the next coming.

I hope for the sake of the United States that a person with no experince can fix the problems we have now.

December 4, 2008 11:25 pm at 11:25 pm |
  16. Insulted

Insulted by an ophra, boycott ophra today!

December 4, 2008 11:26 pm at 11:26 pm |
  17. Edward SSF

Praying that Oprah never invites her, hmmmm that sounds pretty pathetic. I guess because she does not believe in the same thing you do her message or story should not be told. Here is an idea, change the channel and pray for world peace. Sarah 2012

December 4, 2008 11:26 pm at 11:26 pm |
  18. Pearl Schmunk

When Sarah wins the elction for President in 2012...she may consider going on Oprah and givings her a lesson on "grace". Until she doesn't need her for sure! She has worked to do being the best Governor in America....and I guess the most Beautiful!

December 4, 2008 11:26 pm at 11:26 pm |
  19. primarywatcher

woooo doggie! I'm confused! Oprah is full of love, and folks her words as acts of blaspheme?? And then, they further spew the most vitriol hatred towards their "neighbors"?

Do you folks ever actually read the bible? Amaaaazing! There is enormous love in this world for Obama and all you do is hate? Do you think your hate pleases God?

Talk about a reckoning!

December 4, 2008 11:26 pm at 11:26 pm |
  20. Bert Black

Opra – get a life and get past yourself. No onw owes you anything

December 4, 2008 11:28 pm at 11:28 pm |
  21. Sherry

I think Oprah should drop it. Palin thinks she's a Diva and trying to get Oprah to beg. Palin should respect Oprah for not using her show as a political platform. No big loss to the Oprah Show. There are far more interesting people for her to have on her show and who are not so self-absorbed as Palin is.

December 4, 2008 11:29 pm at 11:29 pm |
  22. honest america

we are still investigating the home palin built. no permits after she abolished the program to build her home. palin is over, done and with stevens in the criminal column.

December 4, 2008 11:30 pm at 11:30 pm |
  23. Max

I don't watch Oprah. So I'm indifferent about her TV show politics.

December 4, 2008 11:31 pm at 11:31 pm |
  24. gordo for sarah

I guess Sarah's interviews with Greta, Matt, and Larry don't count if she also doesn't chat with Oprah?

It's about time Oprah hears the word "no"!

Go away, OW, your public fawning over BO is sickening.

December 4, 2008 11:31 pm at 11:31 pm |
  25. Nancy

Big deal. Hasn't she run her course. Enough already. Go interview the messiah.

December 4, 2008 11:31 pm at 11:31 pm |