December 4th, 2008

Has Palin snubbed Oprah?

Oprah says she wants Palin on her show.
Oprah says she wants Palin on her show.

(CNN) – Did Sarah Palin snub Oprah Winfrey?

That's what the most popular daytime talk show host and fervent Barack Obama supporter appeared to suggest in a recent interview with the entertainment show Extra.

"I said I would be happy to talk to Sarah Palin when the election was over... I went and tried to talk to Sarah Palin and instead she talked to Greta [Van Susteren]. She talked to Matt [Lauer]. She talked to Larry [King]. But she didn't talk to me.”

Winfrey’s comments came in response to rumors she refused to invite the former vice presidential candidate on her popular daytime show.

Earlier this week, the talk show host announced she will tape her inauguration week show in the nation’s capital, and has rented the Kennedy Center’s lush Opera House – which seats roughly 2,300 — to serve as her studio.

“There are not even words to talk about what this night means,” Oprah said of Obama's inauguration. “Everybody keeps using the word historic — there’s never been a night like this on the planet earth… Nothing can compare to this.”

Filed under: Oprah Winfrey • Sarah Palin
  1. who?

palin is a nobody. go back to white collar alaska crime.

December 4, 2008 11:32 pm at 11:32 pm |
  2. honest america

why snub real comments? palin is a criminal!

December 4, 2008 11:33 pm at 11:33 pm |
  3. Jason

Good Job Sarah!!!! Oprah is as racist as they come!!! Sarah is to GOOD for Oprah anyway. Glad she snubbed that old witch!!!!

December 4, 2008 11:34 pm at 11:34 pm |
  4. Margo Westerlund

What a wonderful time in our lives. I have supported Obama many many months ago when Bush thought his name was Barack bin laden. I'm absolutely overjoyed we finally have our President that cares for all of us. I LOVE IT., Oprah keep up the good work and I wish I could be with you the most imprtant day of my life in America since I emigrated here on Valentines day 1955 at teh age of 19. God bless us all and most of all God Bless Barck , Michelle , and the girls.

Love to you all and thank God for finally seeing the light.

Margo
    in Chandler AZ mostly Republican but they will change I'm sure when they see the light

December 4, 2008 11:34 pm at 11:34 pm |
  5. Chrissie

Oprah, looks like your money can't buy everything. You know you would be bias to her and she doesn't need to waste her time with you. You are no longer a stepping stone for people. People used to think if I am on the Oprah show I am "somebody". I praise God that isn't so much the view now.

December 4, 2008 11:35 pm at 11:35 pm |
  6. google

google palin and the house gate. why not require permits as mayor then build a house? seems fishy....... show us the paperwork sarah!

December 4, 2008 11:35 pm at 11:35 pm |
  7. eunice c -- trenton new jersey

okay haters cut it out sarah palin has five kids a husband that don't work and a grandbaby on the way she has her hands full - that boyfriend will not marry that girl - the baby last name will be palin and besides sarah lied on stage about them getting married –and by the way sarah palin is not rich she don't have nothing - she used john mccain she didn't have decent clothes to wear while campaigning she has never, ever helped anyone at least oprah helps people SHE TOOK THE CLOTHES HOME THAT YOU TAXPAYERS PAID FOR she didn't use me SORRY GO HOME SARAH PALIN AND TAKE FOR NO WORKING HUSBAND AND YOUR PREGNANT DAUGHTER WITH YOU

December 4, 2008 11:35 pm at 11:35 pm |
  8. voiceofreason

Nothing can compare? Serious?

I understand the historic part. I get the significance of having a black president in the White House. What I don't get is how some people practically worship Obama.

We are not to elevate men above God. Our government can't save us, nor can it solve all of our problems. It can help, but it can't fix EVERYTHING. Neither can a president.

Not only that, but you can't BLAME the president for all your problems, either, those of you who are Bush-haters. Talk about ignorant.

December 4, 2008 11:35 pm at 11:35 pm |
  9. Samantha

I don't know about everyone else but I wish God would call his religious nutbags followers home. The world would be a better place without you idiots.

December 4, 2008 11:36 pm at 11:36 pm |
  10. Loving life on Earth

It is simply amazing to me how, in the good ole US of A, people are just so negative about everything. I know the 1st Amendment is there for a reason. But sometimes I just wish these negative people would just disappear for a year or 2 or FOREVER.....

December 4, 2008 11:36 pm at 11:36 pm |
  11. Jim Kennedy

If Sara snubbed Oprah – good. Oprah started the bad feelings herself so she has no one to blame but herself. Besides, Sarah has as much out front charisma, smarts and looks as Oprah so now Oprah seems to be a little jealous – you think?

December 4, 2008 11:37 pm at 11:37 pm |
  12. Joseph

Wow! what is wrong with ppl? is it a new thing to super exaggerate? that is exactly what O did. who didn't use ... gazillion or ... whatever i know where ur all come from? it is ur inner non stability that overcome your brain whenever some famous black say something. for those hypocrite who dared to cite bible.... for what?. amazing. this suit u ...Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

December 4, 2008 11:38 pm at 11:38 pm |
  13. Cathy in Florida

You've got to be kidding!!

Are we STIIIIIILLLLLLL talking about Sarah Palin? The woman who soooooo loves this country that she wanted her state of Alaska to ceceed from the Union?

PLEASE keep this woman out of the papers and OFF our TV screens

December 4, 2008 11:38 pm at 11:38 pm |
  14. Bill Van Kestral

First she wouldn't have anything to do with Sara Palin, now suddenly she's acts surprised that she hasn't heard from her? Let's be a little more forthright Ms. O. ...your unwavering support for Obama and bias was the only reason you wouldn't want to give Sara Palin any air time during the election. In regards to her comments about the inauguaration as 'Historic', 'Never been a night like this on planet earth' and 'Nothing can compare to this'? ... come on Oprah, get real!!!...it's just an inauguration and there's been plenty before this one!

December 4, 2008 11:40 pm at 11:40 pm |
  15. Cindy

Hey carylie! Get over it. The election is over, and the people have spoken. It's time to rally behind the new president. If you don't like it, and you believe this country is in such "distress," that you would disgrace it by flying our flag upside down at half-mast, then you can hit the border and call another country your home. The past 8 years hasn't been something to be proud of, yet you don't see citizens all over the country flying their flags upside down. People like you are despicable! I don't care what your feelings were during the election process. It's over with! Move on! If you can't move on and be proud of your country, you don't deserve to live in this great country!

December 4, 2008 11:42 pm at 11:42 pm |
  16. Chris in Va.

To hell with Doprah AND Piglin. That goes for you bible thumping idiots too.

December 4, 2008 11:44 pm at 11:44 pm |
  17. Saint Louis Resident

Oprah should have had Governor Palin on her show before the election. Governor Palin was put in an impossible position, but now she is making the most of it and she should never go on Oprah's show.

President elect Obama will deserve the adulation if he is successful. He has yet to prove himself. Until then, it is blind adulation. Four years from now, we can say his Inauguration was a great thing. Right now, it is just another inauguration except this time he is not white. It is good that a black man was elected. Just remember that it took white votes as well as black and hispanic, etc. to elect him.

December 4, 2008 11:44 pm at 11:44 pm |
  18. Mark

How about the night Jesus was born?

December 4, 2008 11:44 pm at 11:44 pm |
  19. CBIZ

For the life of me I cannot decide who I loathe more: Palin or Oprah.

December 4, 2008 11:46 pm at 11:46 pm |
  20. Virginian

To "me"

Those were my exact thoughts when I read this.

December 4, 2008 11:50 pm at 11:50 pm |
  21. ice

Wow...racism is alive and well. I cant believe how many people have such negative comments about oprah and obama. America still has a long way to go and i certainly hope we get there. Oprah is a well respected person that has no hidden agenda against sarah but the righties would not see that.

December 4, 2008 11:51 pm at 11:51 pm |
  22. fpalin

goodbye and please go AWAY. or back to the home that was built by contractors buying you off........ criminal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 4, 2008 11:52 pm at 11:52 pm |
  23. Copano_Texian

who cares about opraaah? nobody but opraaaah. gun sales are up 50%, and those guns are being sold to red states mostly. if you are against the death penalty, for abortion, think christians who try follow the bible are not as enlightened as you, but muslims who want to live in the 14th century are just misunderstood, then you most likey live in a blue state where you do have full second amendment rights and should stop trying to pick a civil war with the rest of us who spent sunday at the range.

December 4, 2008 11:53 pm at 11:53 pm |
  24. Frank D

Oprah would you marry me?

December 4, 2008 11:56 pm at 11:56 pm |
  25. Chris in Va.

3strikes-You have to be the dumbest SOB on these blogs. (even Grif)
    I can certainly understand how YOU think Palin is a genius.
    You talk about someone having their head up someone's arse, evidently yours is so far up Palin's you can see what she had for breakfast.

December 4, 2008 11:57 pm at 11:57 pm |