December 4th, 2008
1 year ago

Has Palin snubbed Oprah?

Oprah says she wants Palin on her show.
Oprah says she wants Palin on her show.

(CNN) – Did Sarah Palin snub Oprah Winfrey?

That's what the most popular daytime talk show host and fervent Barack Obama supporter appeared to suggest in a recent interview with the entertainment show Extra.

"I said I would be happy to talk to Sarah Palin when the election was over... I went and tried to talk to Sarah Palin and instead she talked to Greta [Van Susteren]. She talked to Matt [Lauer]. She talked to Larry [King]. But she didn't talk to me.”

Winfrey’s comments came in response to rumors she refused to invite the former vice presidential candidate on her popular daytime show.

Earlier this week, the talk show host announced she will tape her inauguration week show in the nation’s capital, and has rented the Kennedy Center’s lush Opera House – which seats roughly 2,300 — to serve as her studio.

“There are not even words to talk about what this night means,” Oprah said of Obama's inauguration. “Everybody keeps using the word historic — there’s never been a night like this on the planet earth… Nothing can compare to this.”

Filed under: Oprah Winfrey • Sarah Palin
  1. G.Kazmier

I can't believe the fanaticism of the American people acting like deer caught in the lights of an on-coming car dazed by someone of color making president who now says "Don't expect too much as it may take me two terms to MAYBE get the job done." This is a real joke on all the people who actually think ANYONE can keep all the promises that were made. And BAILOUTS are coming out of the woodwork. Can anyone with a brain figure out a nation that doesn't have endless funds bailout the world. I thought Americans were more savy on issues and could figure out 2 plus 2. Pretty Sad!!!!!

December 5, 2008 12:54 am at 12:54 am |
  2. FIGHT THE RETHUGS

I hate seeing these comments made by you rethuglicans who just can't accept the fact that Americans are too smart too let you trash our country anymore. Anti-intellectuals and right-wing extremists, thank the Lord that the American people decided that they were NOT what this country

December 5, 2008 12:56 am at 12:56 am |
  3. RODAN

Oprah... who cares... you won...get over it.... Sarah dosn't have to talk to you if she dosn't want to.

December 5, 2008 12:57 am at 12:57 am |
  4. Ron Vargas

I am beginning to believe Republicans, Christians, and maybe just the whole right wing are the most ignorant people on this planet. Their true colors are showing now the election is over and it's not pretty. I would not have been very proud of my country if those 2 dim wits were elected.
    dim wits running for office representing the dim wits.

December 5, 2008 12:58 am at 12:58 am |
  5. Fred

Why would a intelligent person like Palin want to talk to a dumb broad like oprah

December 5, 2008 12:59 am at 12:59 am |
  6. Mike Mc

wait...are we still talking about Sarah Palin?? If so, then why aren't there any stories about Spiro Agnew as well?

December 5, 2008 01:03 am at 1:03 am |
  7. Cindy KS

Oprah is nothing but a user just like obama and all the women who watch her show are nothing but sheep who can't think for themselves.

December 5, 2008 01:04 am at 1:04 am |
  8. Jonathan

I find it amusing that so many people are taking and twisting Oprah's words as if she were insulting religious beliefs.

Come on people. Have you nothing better to do with your lives then attack Oprah for what she believes in? She supported Obama. Big deal. She likes Obama. Big deal. She voted for Obama. Big deal. Get over it.

Oprah has worked very hard in her life to get were she is at. Yes she is a media mogul but underneath that she is just like an average joe. She has faith in Obama just like millions of other people in this world. Is there something wrong with that? After all, isn't the bible based on faith rather then fact?

Oprah is flawed. Just like you. Just like me. Why judge her for hers? If you were dedicated enough and worked as hard you too could have your own talk show and be as successful. I'm sure you all would do things differently and never show your biased opinions and be totally fair. After all, you can all walk on water.

December 5, 2008 01:08 am at 1:08 am |
  9. overfiend

"Does that mean Oprah Winfrey does not believe in the existance of Jesus Christ on planet earth? or is the inauguration of Obama more important than the birth and death of Jesus Christ here on planet earth?"

It's unlikely that as many people will die over Obama, then have over Jesus. So your probably right, unless Obama break out the nukes.

December 5, 2008 01:09 am at 1:09 am |
  10. Amarissa

I wouldn't do her show either ! Good for you, Sarah! Enough of the media bias! History would have been made by having a woman president, not another man! The media trashed Hillary first and then Sarah Palin and women should be furious over this issue! We are 52% of the population and we can't even run for POTUS without being mocked even by our own gender! The women in this election year were vetted like never in our history, but we cannot say the same about the selected candidate. If we asked questions we were considered racists but being sexist was very cool this year! For the sake of our country I hope the media's choice for President does a good job.

December 5, 2008 01:09 am at 1:09 am |
  11. typical_white_person

Oprah only wants her on to try and humiliate her......screw Oprah!

December 5, 2008 01:10 am at 1:10 am |
  12. reebee

why would Sarah Palin ever talk to Oprah? She isn't a respectable journalist like the others she mentioned that got the interview instead of her! They didn't go jumping for joy, crying their makeup off, pretending Obama is Jesus! If i was Palin I would tell Oprah to kick rocks.... go interview ur beloved! B/c we all know you would push Michele Obama down a flight of stairs to take her place... she is disgusting!!! I will never watch her show again!

December 5, 2008 01:10 am at 1:10 am |
  13. Tom Hands

What is the big deal? Instead of being fair and biased talk show host, "O" snubbed Sarah during the election weeks. Why should Sarah sit and talk with her now? It would have been a popular segment if prior to the election "O" had her on for a chat. But she chose not to because she did not want her to gain any more popularity and hurt our new President's chances at that point. So stop whining "O", you snubbed her first!

December 5, 2008 01:12 am at 1:12 am |
  14. southernhrt

I feel like this is a waste of time since you have never published anything I have written. I used to like Oprah. She has become so new age, out there I can't stand to watch her. Palin is so much better than Oprah. At least Palin has taken a stand on her beliefs and sticks with them. Whenever Oprah says the words God or Jesus I laugh.

December 5, 2008 01:12 am at 1:12 am |
  15. doug

Oprah does not need Palin... Palin needs Oprah!

December 5, 2008 01:13 am at 1:13 am |
  16. Vero

I'm glad she wont come on Oprah. Palin is a joke. The only reason anyone interviews her is to see what stupid thing she will say next. Even her dumb butt knows it.

December 5, 2008 01:19 am at 1:19 am |
  17. SS

I'll always remember, years ago, when Oprah featured Gore and Bush on seperate shows. She was warm and wonderful to Gore, mouthing "vote for him" at the end of the show. She was horrible to Bush–cold, all but outright rude. I was disgusted with her and haven't watched much of her show since. Oprah's anything but fair and balanced.

December 5, 2008 01:22 am at 1:22 am |
  18. j e schilling

That woman should concentrate on her weight issues. The only thing big about that event will be the oversized chair she needs so she can sit down. She can be on the biggest loser next year The season of Talkshow hosts

December 5, 2008 01:22 am at 1:22 am |
  19. Beverly in NC

Oprah!
    DO NOT HAVE PALIN ON YOUR SHOW – WE SAW ENOUGH OF THIS MORON DURING THE ELECTION!

SHE HAS NOTHING OF VALUE TO SAY. SHE IS A CONVICTED CRIMINAL IN ALASKA. SHE IS A LIAR. SHE IS A SPREADER OF HATRED AND RACISM. HOW COULD YOU EVEN CONSIDER HAVING THIS WOMAN WHO PURPOSEFULLY TRIED TO INCITE VIOLENCE AGAINST OBAMA AT HER HATE RALLIES??

LET'S LET HER GO BACK TO BEING A NOBODY.....

December 5, 2008 01:22 am at 1:22 am |
  20. mick

I love Sarah Palin...almost as much as Oprah loves herself.

You'd vote for Sarah if she disposed of your property taxes. You know you would. You all would rather have your money spread around, yeah right...when you tire of that, you'll come to your senses...

Palin generates the most comments – even MSNBC senses greatness in her. Deep down, all of you know this, especialy those of you who want to squelch her as soon as possible. Think about it. Stop the self-loathing and go ahead and like her. Remember, Tina Fey is just a limp imitation.

December 5, 2008 01:23 am at 1:23 am |
  21. TX Lady

So much hate and ignorance in one place.....shame shame.

December 5, 2008 01:23 am at 1:23 am |
  22. SB

More about Sarah Palin? She is a ding dong. Enough already, we will hear about her enough when 2012 arrives,

The fact that she is still a topic of conversation in this country speaks volumes of how dysfunctional the USA has become.

December 5, 2008 01:28 am at 1:28 am |
  23. Sandy

If anyone is racist, it's Palin. The reason I say this is because of the behavior of the people at her 'rallies'. I think she's just like those low information voters who were calling the for the death of Mr. Obama and I don't blame Oprah one bit for not allowing Palin to spout her nonsense on her show. I must commend Oprah for being one of the few people in America who knows how to shut Palin up.

December 5, 2008 01:28 am at 1:28 am |
  24. scdwoskin

oprah needs to get over herself. It took more than just the "black" people of this country to elect Obama!

December 5, 2008 01:28 am at 1:28 am |
  25. Apples for sale

CARYLIE, Tell me where you will be when you fly the flag upside down,I will help you put the flag pole where it belongs.

December 5, 2008 01:30 am at 1:30 am |