December 4th, 2008

Has Palin snubbed Oprah?

Oprah says she wants Palin on her show.
Oprah says she wants Palin on her show.

(CNN) – Did Sarah Palin snub Oprah Winfrey?

That's what the most popular daytime talk show host and fervent Barack Obama supporter appeared to suggest in a recent interview with the entertainment show Extra.

"I said I would be happy to talk to Sarah Palin when the election was over... I went and tried to talk to Sarah Palin and instead she talked to Greta [Van Susteren]. She talked to Matt [Lauer]. She talked to Larry [King]. But she didn't talk to me.”

Winfrey’s comments came in response to rumors she refused to invite the former vice presidential candidate on her popular daytime show.

Earlier this week, the talk show host announced she will tape her inauguration week show in the nation’s capital, and has rented the Kennedy Center’s lush Opera House – which seats roughly 2,300 — to serve as her studio.

“There are not even words to talk about what this night means,” Oprah said of Obama's inauguration. “Everybody keeps using the word historic — there’s never been a night like this on the planet earth… Nothing can compare to this.”

Filed under: Oprah Winfrey • Sarah Palin
  1. Can't wait for 01 20 09

You said it Oprah and I will second it /I am white,sr.++ and CHANGE is what we want,HOPE is what keeps the movement going forward its YES WE CAN /YES WE DID never give up OBAMA is THE ONE.

Barack,Michelle and our special little gals we love you.

December 4, 2008 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |
  2. lynne

ahhh love triangles. Sometimes the timing is just off. Especially when it's self-love.

December 4, 2008 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |
  3. Amy, Kazoo

wow Kathy, hate people who have weight problems much? what a lovely example of how not to act.

December 4, 2008 06:47 pm at 6:47 pm |
  4. Allan in ATL

We don't need any more Sarah Palin interviews, ever!!!

December 4, 2008 06:47 pm at 6:47 pm |
  5. 60 year old white female and proud supporter of PE Obama

Palin isn't snubbing her; she is avoiding her!! Since when did Palin ever answer tough questions?? She speaks only in a closed studio or in fron of a partisan crowd!!

December 4, 2008 06:48 pm at 6:48 pm |
  6. Erik in Iowa City

I have no idea why anyone would care about Palin's political afterlife or Oprah's show for the emotionally ravaged.

December 4, 2008 06:50 pm at 6:50 pm |
  7. Nancy, IN

Oprah's right, nothing can compare to this night. She will be in the right place, and so will I. I'm flying from California to be in the nation's captitol on that eventful night.

YES WE COULD AND DID.

December 4, 2008 06:50 pm at 6:50 pm |
  8. Sue

It sickens me that it has become commonplace for women politicians to be expected to wear designer clothes. Palin should have worn normal clothes, and then cried sexism if people "expected" her to be fashionable instead... priorities are twisted in government... HOPEfully this mentality changes.

December 4, 2008 06:52 pm at 6:52 pm |
  9. sara

If I were Palin I'd snub her too. Oprah just wants her now because there's no chance it will take votes away from Obama! Get over yourself, Oprah.

December 4, 2008 06:54 pm at 6:54 pm |
  10. Proud Democrat

Oprah is a racist B&%TH!
    If her show is suppose to be about "Women" why did she not help Hillary Clinton in her campaign?? She is a FAT pig that needs to stepped down off the throne she thinks she is on!! If I were Sarah I would spit on her! BTW, I did vote for Obama, but I didn't do it for Oprah!!!!!!!

December 4, 2008 06:55 pm at 6:55 pm |
  11. Griff

My Comment to Jack Cafferty..Now you see it, now you don't.
    What you want. What you preach does not exist.... Barack Obama will go down as the Biggest Failure.. Whether you like it or not.... Live with it.. Your stuck with it.....OBAMA WILL BE A FAILURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 4, 2008 06:55 pm at 6:55 pm |
  12. Vitus

Oprah, you are lucky that Palin did not talk to you; if she had, I would have boycotted your show forever. Oprah Winfrey Show as much as I know it is a forum for serious-minded people, not president wannabees like Palin.

December 4, 2008 06:57 pm at 6:57 pm |
  13. Amy

Oprah– I wouldn't lose sleep over Palin not wanting to be on your show. You're 1000 times more successful (and smarter!) than Palin would ever be!! And you don't want to kill the brain cells of your viewers who have to listen to her for an hour. My IQ drops just by listening to her try to speak a single sentence!!

December 4, 2008 07:00 pm at 7:00 pm |
  14. Gloria from Pittsburgh

I have heard all I need to hear of Sarah Palin, all of her negative campaigning was disgusting. They keep trying to push her out there for some reason or other, I'm happy she did not go on Oprah because I don't think she had anything else to say, but I'm sure we haven't heard the last of Sarah....

December 4, 2008 07:01 pm at 7:01 pm |
  15. Jim62sch

Sarah Palin is ratings gold – why should she do a favor for Oprah Winfrey?

Oprah can do some more interviews with Michelle Obama, our first Klingon First Lady.

December 4, 2008 07:02 pm at 7:02 pm |
  16. Jennifer

GOOD for Sarah! It was crap that Oprah would express interest in talking to Sarah now after the flimsy excuse of not wanting to use her show as a platform during the campaign. She is a marketable brand and she endorsed Obama just by her presence on the campaign trail. I think she was afraid that having Sarah on her show before election day would sway voters to McCain/Palin. Oprah was biased and now wants to cash in on Sarah Palin's popularity. I say too little too late.

December 4, 2008 07:02 pm at 7:02 pm |
  17. Maggie SC

Now Oprah, since you claim to be so smart and intelligent whay have you not figured that out. Why and what good would it do for Gove Palin to talk to you after the fact. It is like buying a dog to watch the hen house after all the chickens have gone. I felt embarrased for Palin for you to even invite her let alone make comments about it after the election. You are a true CNN show off. I do not watch your show, nor will I ever. I prefer to spend my time doing somethin g worthwhile instead of wasting it on trash. I am proud of Palin and hope she never stoops so low to be on your show. Hurry up and retire, you are getting old news. We need fresh ideas and people who really care instead of those who only pretend to help when they are so so far themselves.

December 4, 2008 07:03 pm at 7:03 pm |
  18. izbot

I wish CNN and other media groups would just stop following Caribou Barbie around like puppy dogs. She's afraid of Oprah. If she's so dumb she thinks Katie Courec is one of those nasty "media elites" she must be terrified of Oprah's questions. Doesn't this woman govern a state? When is she going back to that job? If I were an Alaskan I'd be wanting some answers.

December 4, 2008 07:04 pm at 7:04 pm |
  19. Phil A. Buster

Oprah you had your chance before the election but as they say in the military BOHICA (Bend Over Here it Comes Again). You asked for it you got it Obama. Now that the Democrats do not have the magic number of 60 it looks like your buddy's timetable will be moved back a little due to that great American name Phil A. Buster .

December 4, 2008 07:04 pm at 7:04 pm |
  20. Susan in NC

Oprah's gain, Silly Sarah's loss - oh well, who in the name of Heaven would want to watch or listen to Sarah Palin anyway?

December 4, 2008 07:05 pm at 7:05 pm |
  21. Nola

I am so happy that she did not go on Oprah – I just want the woman to go away with her arrogant self -centered self. She needs to spends some time with her family

December 4, 2008 07:05 pm at 7:05 pm |
  22. Barbara in NC

Who cares about Palin? Only CNN. Wish we had some real investigative journalists that could give us some real news. So sick of the monotone sounding talking heads and the drama queens that are used as filler.

December 4, 2008 07:05 pm at 7:05 pm |
  23. Greg, San Francisco, CA

The difference between Oprah and Sarah Palin is that in 6 months people will still be interested in what Oprah has to say.

December 4, 2008 07:06 pm at 7:06 pm |
  24. Larry Robinson in Belton TX

I wonder how popular Opera is among the is among the Elmer Fudd crowd in Alaska? (yes, palin is a fudd). Sara might have a homosexual friend but I bet she has never sat down to eat at the same table as a black person.

December 4, 2008 07:07 pm at 7:07 pm |
  25. John Richardson

I don't like Oprah!! I don't like Sarah Palin!! WE ARE EVEN!!

December 4, 2008 07:07 pm at 7:07 pm |