December 4th, 2008
1 year ago

Has Palin snubbed Oprah?

Oprah says she wants Palin on her show.
Oprah says she wants Palin on her show.

(CNN) – Did Sarah Palin snub Oprah Winfrey?

That's what the most popular daytime talk show host and fervent Barack Obama supporter appeared to suggest in a recent interview with the entertainment show Extra.

"I said I would be happy to talk to Sarah Palin when the election was over... I went and tried to talk to Sarah Palin and instead she talked to Greta [Van Susteren]. She talked to Matt [Lauer]. She talked to Larry [King]. But she didn't talk to me.”

Winfrey’s comments came in response to rumors she refused to invite the former vice presidential candidate on her popular daytime show.

Earlier this week, the talk show host announced she will tape her inauguration week show in the nation’s capital, and has rented the Kennedy Center’s lush Opera House – which seats roughly 2,300 — to serve as her studio.

“There are not even words to talk about what this night means,” Oprah said of Obama's inauguration. “Everybody keeps using the word historic — there’s never been a night like this on the planet earth… Nothing can compare to this.”

Filed under: Oprah Winfrey • Sarah Palin
  1. Jacqui

Waaahhh. She sounds like a whiny child who didn't get her way.

December 4, 2008 07:41 pm at 7:41 pm |
  2. Brian

Ha ha ha, funny Oprah, you are quickly becoming irrelevant. I believe black presidents have been elected many times before, particularly in Africa.

December 4, 2008 07:41 pm at 7:41 pm |
  3. Annie, Atlanta

I'm not surprised. Oprah falls into the non-American category Sarah so ignorantly spoke of during her hate rallies. Plus if you think Katie Couric made Sarah look like an idiot with her softball questions, Oprah would render her speechless. And Sarah knows this.

December 4, 2008 07:41 pm at 7:41 pm |
  4. Puzzler

Maybe Palin is so stupid she doesn't realize the power of Oprah Winfrey!

December 4, 2008 07:41 pm at 7:41 pm |
  5. Valerie in FL

CNN...Please stop given this woman air time. No one cares. I personally just want her to go away. There are more important stories to report.

December 4, 2008 07:42 pm at 7:42 pm |
  6. Myron

Claire: Maybe b/c you live in Canada, you don't understand. Racism is America's deepest and most damaging wound. This huge step forward to heal that wound has been as significant as anything that's ever happened here.

If you don't like Oprah, pick a different tack to criticize her without denying one of the great moments in U.S. history.

December 4, 2008 07:42 pm at 7:42 pm |
  7. bob s.

" there’s never been a night like this on the planet earth… Nothing can compare to this.”........what are you talking about you one minded pig..... i will tell you a secret Oprah .....this happens every time a new president is elected so to say there "has never been a night like this" is stupid. Im surprised you and Sara palin are not good friends considering you both are so near-sighted and ignorant.

December 4, 2008 07:42 pm at 7:42 pm |
  8. Brenda C

Andy

Wonder if she knows the difference between Opera & Oprah?

Yeah Andy Sarah knows Oprah is the fat lady.

December 4, 2008 07:42 pm at 7:42 pm |
  9. Mike from Bham

Oprah dont worry about Palin, she's a nobody, who cares about her, have Obama on the show, he is more interest,

December 4, 2008 07:43 pm at 7:43 pm |
  10. Lizzy - Philadelphia, PA

STOP COVERING SARAH PALIN! NO ONE CARES!!!

December 4, 2008 07:43 pm at 7:43 pm |
  11. Critical Thinker

Lee: She made it very clear that she would not have any candidates on her show during the election season. Yes, Obama was on her show but that was BEFORE – BEFORE the election. People seem to enjoy overlooking this fact.

To Ms. Winfrey – I would say not to worry about her but I know you aren't. Why should one with such longevity and intelligence worry about an overnight sensation?

For those who felt Oprah should have invited Palin during election season, get rid of the entitlement complex – it doesn't have much power. Just as it's not all about Oprah, it is not all about Sarah.

I'm just glad that I can put my Palinese dictionary away. Shucks – I had to re-read and rewind her interviews just to understand what she was trying to say.

Flash Gorden – I concur.

December 4, 2008 07:43 pm at 7:43 pm |
  12. Bobb

I hope so. OpRahrah is an idiot

December 4, 2008 07:44 pm at 7:44 pm |
  13. JT

The Palin haters are so twisted. Anyway Oprah is well on her way down, the number of people who watch her shows have been slipping and her mag has suffered a loss as well. Her lights are dimming, so good, Palin should stay away from Oprah.

December 4, 2008 07:44 pm at 7:44 pm |
  14. No Hillary = No Obama

Talk about gall – Oprah did not give Palin ANY time on her show during the primaries, but rushed all over the country to promote her buddy Obama, held a celebrity-studded fund raiser in her mansion in Santa Barbara, had him and his wife on the show – Oprah is not a woman's advocate – and Palin should snub her.

December 4, 2008 07:45 pm at 7:45 pm |
  15. Gabr

1. "Nothing can compare to this.”??? I guess for Oprah yes, but there have been more important days than that in the history of the humankind, may be she should think about it in terms of the whole planet not just her 'planet Oprah'
    2. The way she treated Palin, if she treatem me I'd say upfront go to 'you-know-where'...but I am not a politician...

December 4, 2008 07:46 pm at 7:46 pm |
  16. Annie, Atlanta

Maryanne, do you have any idea of the charities Oprah is involved in and how many children she has blessed with the gift of education? Have you ever heard of her favorite things show or her Angel network? You can feel about her as you wish, but your comment about her being nothing but a selfish rich snob shows incredible ignorance.

December 4, 2008 07:47 pm at 7:47 pm |
  17. DON'T TREAD ON ME

I salute Oprah: she is more overexposed than Palin or her protege', R.Ray. It will be a relief if she moves to her new O channel.

As far as Palin; why would she want to do Oprah, past, present or future? Palin has nothing to gain from an interview with a totally fervent Obama supporter.

December 4, 2008 07:48 pm at 7:48 pm |
  18. yes we can

I would like somebody explains to me "the values and integrity" of Sarah Palin. I cannot see any family values in her conduct with her children, particulary during the campaign, and in the education she gave them.
    About her "integrity" .. give me a break!

December 4, 2008 07:48 pm at 7:48 pm |
  19. Kimberly

Can we get over Palin yet? The woman's 15 minutes of fame are well past time on the meter! I am just soooo thankful we weren't stuck with her for the next 4 plus years!

December 4, 2008 07:48 pm at 7:48 pm |
  20. Dr Larry

Who cares about Oprah? She is so biased it is pitiful, so why bother. Might as well go on "The View" without Elizabeth being there. Just a bunch of hacks.
    And Oprah said:
    Really? Maybe she should think about what we are celebrating on December 25th. Of course, many of BO's supporters really think he is "the messiah", so who knows – maybe she meant it.

December 4, 2008 07:48 pm at 7:48 pm |
  21. yes we can

I would like, somebody explains to me "the values and integrity" of Sarah Palin. I cannot see any family values in her conduct with her children, particulary during the campaign, and in the education she gave them.
    About her "integrity" .. give me a break!

December 4, 2008 07:48 pm at 7:48 pm |
  22. ash

Sarah does not need Oprah. Good for her for giving her the finger

December 4, 2008 07:48 pm at 7:48 pm |
  23. Matt

I'm not even close to being a fan of Palin, so as to the first part of the story the less air time Palin gets the better off all of us are. But in regards to Oprah's last comment in the article, "Nothing to compare this to in the history of the planet" or something like that, all I have to say is "What??!! Really? Obama being elected and inaugurated is more monumental than anything that has happened in human history?" Sorry, there's just no hope the Obama-messiah-maniacs out there.

December 4, 2008 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  24. fefe

By the way itruly believe sarah hasn't went on Oprah because she's intimidated by Oprah, why aren't they making a big deal out of har daughter's pregnancy you ask me if they were AA they wouldn't even came that close.

December 4, 2008 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  25. Michel Alexander

Oprah, Get over yourself!!!

December 4, 2008 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |