December 4th, 2008

Has Palin snubbed Oprah?

Oprah says she wants Palin on her show.
Oprah says she wants Palin on her show.

(CNN) – Did Sarah Palin snub Oprah Winfrey?

That's what the most popular daytime talk show host and fervent Barack Obama supporter appeared to suggest in a recent interview with the entertainment show Extra.

"I said I would be happy to talk to Sarah Palin when the election was over... I went and tried to talk to Sarah Palin and instead she talked to Greta [Van Susteren]. She talked to Matt [Lauer]. She talked to Larry [King]. But she didn't talk to me.”

Winfrey’s comments came in response to rumors she refused to invite the former vice presidential candidate on her popular daytime show.

Earlier this week, the talk show host announced she will tape her inauguration week show in the nation’s capital, and has rented the Kennedy Center’s lush Opera House – which seats roughly 2,300 — to serve as her studio.

“There are not even words to talk about what this night means,” Oprah said of Obama's inauguration. “Everybody keeps using the word historic — there’s never been a night like this on the planet earth… Nothing can compare to this.”

Filed under: Oprah Winfrey • Sarah Palin
  1. Mike from Bham

Palin is terrible, no education, no experience.......she needs to go back to moose hunting and fishing,

December 4, 2008 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  2. jperez

There is alot of right wing haters talking about Oprah, I guess you embred people are still mad of the election, any way stupid sara Palin needs to teach her kids sex education and stop worrying about looking at Russia from her back yard, the biggest political idiot since Dan Quayle....lolololol I am laughing at you stupid republicans.....

December 4, 2008 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  3. Necie

Pitbull Palin needs Oprah more than Oprah needs her. So much hate in the comments.....get real! Oprah is not biased..She didn't have ANY of the Nominees on her show so WHY sould Pitbull be shown favoritism?? She needs do us all a favor and say in Alaska-idiot.

December 4, 2008 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  4. In a hand basket

Someone not doing the Oprah show is front page news? This country is in deeper trouble than I ever imagined.

December 4, 2008 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  5. Eleanor

probably had to pay for todd and the rest of the family clothing, airfare, hotel and food expenses just for one hour of bull-mess with no meaning. sara needs to go home and take care of business instead of being a clown for the gop party. how can she states that she is a mother when she leaves baby trig a special need child at home after been on the campaign trail for nine weeks does she not have any mother- wit about herself or has she got a taste of the good-life and wants to continue it while leaving the motherhood part to others. watch out mrs. "ice" cindy she may be cropping for your man "big nasty"john mcclain. todd can"t provide a lot of the excitement or other "stuff "since sara is the breadwinner for the family

December 4, 2008 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  6. Donna

I hope so...I watch Oprah and wouldn't want to see Palin on there being her normal goofy self...keep snubbing Oprah...I appreciate it!!!

December 4, 2008 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  7. Dinah

Sarah Palin has nothing intelligent to say. Why would Oprah want her on the show anyway. She should get Tina Fey on instead.

December 4, 2008 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  8. Ernie

Palin should tell Oprah where to stick it.

December 4, 2008 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  9. Real Mavericks don't call themselves Mavericks!!!

People – Oprah did not snub Palin. She did not have Obama on her show to talk about running for President. He was on to talk about his book. She did not use her show to promote her endorsement. People hate too much.

December 4, 2008 07:51 pm at 7:51 pm |
  10. TF

The hubris of Oprah is amazing. While the night may be historic our nation, let alone our planet, has seen far more historic. The fall of the Berlin Wall, the Emancipation Proclamation, the Declaration of Independence, and V-Day in 1945 to end WWII. How can we except our children to improve their American History skills when a prominent American idol such as Oprah can't full comprehend it herself. May I suggest a bit of Western Civ for Ms. Winfrey?

July 4, 1776 vs January 20, 2009. You be the judge.

December 4, 2008 07:52 pm at 7:52 pm |
  11. Haterade

Please... Stop Hateing on the Sista. O is the bomb!!

December 4, 2008 07:52 pm at 7:52 pm |
  12. johnrj08

I cannot think of one thing that is less important than this particular "news" item.

December 4, 2008 07:53 pm at 7:53 pm |
  13. Nick

Hey bob,

You're the one minded pig. Have you ever heard of a concept called context? If not I'll explain. The "context" in which Oprah was referring to there never having been a night like this is not in inaugurating a President. Its the fact that we elected the first African American President you imbecile.

December 4, 2008 07:53 pm at 7:53 pm |
  14. Dee TX

You know everyone has there opinons but you all are hater's as long as Oprah is giving away something everyone wants to be in her audiences. Sarah Palin does not have the right stuff upstairs, I know a lot of you think she walks on water but she doesn't. I can't even understand half the time what she is saying.

Oprah consider yourself lucky she won't be on the your show, I wouldn't watch it that day if she was.

A woman who does not care about Palin.

December 4, 2008 07:53 pm at 7:53 pm |
  15. Brenda C

So this is the best thing to ever happen in the world? You better be glad slavery was abolished you idiot.

December 4, 2008 07:53 pm at 7:53 pm |
  16. Sam

GO AWAY OPRAH! You are an idiot. They ONLY reason you have people going to your shows are they want things for FREE. All they want is your money, momma.

December 4, 2008 07:53 pm at 7:53 pm |
  17. TimMN

GAWD I HOPE SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 4, 2008 07:53 pm at 7:53 pm |
  18. Teacher

Oprah has lost my respect-even though I never was a fan. I think her involvement in Barack's election was based on race and it cost her many viewers. As for me, Oprah is a has-been.

December 4, 2008 07:54 pm at 7:54 pm |
  19. yen

Let Oprah does what she does best. Just be fair and invite her. And it is up to Sara Palin to accept or not to accept.

December 4, 2008 07:54 pm at 7:54 pm |
  20. Anonymous

That is wonderful news.... that means we at least don't have to hear that voice on one more show..... and those run on sentences.... that last 3 pages ...

December 4, 2008 07:54 pm at 7:54 pm |
  21. Frank

Why should Oprah care?

Why should we?

December 4, 2008 07:55 pm at 7:55 pm |
  22. Mark

Oh Please. Oprah acts like Barak is the second coming. Her antics really are nauseating.

December 4, 2008 07:55 pm at 7:55 pm |
  23. Franky

To be honest, I'm just getting tired of Oprah, especially during this election. I just got tired of her and thank God Gov Palin did her bogus. Don't get me wrong, Oprah is the master of all ladies and it can help Gov Palin but talk to me when Oprah hooks me up on her show...I mean, a lot of ladies do watch, you know, LOL!!

December 4, 2008 07:55 pm at 7:55 pm |
  24. Oprah Obama

Does anyone even watch her show anymore? If I want to watch anything with a stupid fat woman, I'll watch the Color Purple.

December 4, 2008 07:55 pm at 7:55 pm |
  25. Bobby

Only a racist would make a statement like that. Why does everyone have to bring race into everything. The last I knew we were all mankind alike. And as for the statement by Oprah that this is the biggest thing of all time on earth. Maybe man walking on the moon was the biggest thing but not a new president. Can't we just all get along? Oh by the way Oprah is an idiot and always has been and her show sucks...

December 4, 2008 07:56 pm at 7:56 pm |