December 8th, 2008

Palin didn't snub Oprah, spokesman says

Palin didn't snub Oprah, a spokesman said.
Palin didn't snub Oprah, a spokesman said.

(CNN) – Sarah Palin's camp is denying claims she's is snubbing talk show host Oprah Winfrey, telling CNN Monday the decision was "nothing personal" - the Alaska governor has just been flooded with so many media requests she simply hasn't had the time to sit down with the daytime talk show icon.

“The governor was invited to appear. She was also invited to appear on Letterman, Leno, Stephanopoulos, The Daily Show. She passed on a vast majority of these requests," Bill McAllister, Palin's communications director and press secretary.

"We’re up to about 250 requests for interviews and appearances and so on. It’s worldwide, there’s still a tremendous amount of interest. It’s nothing personal about Oprah, it’s just that she turned down the vast majority of these requests."

A Palin appearance at a later date is still possible, said McAllister: “I’m not aware that it’s been ruled out.”

Winfrey - the popular daytime talk show host and strong Barack Obama supporter - seemed to suggest last week that Palin was deliberately avoiding her show.

"I said I would be happy to talk to Sarah Palin when the election was over…" she said in an interview with the entertainment show Extra. "I went and tried to talk to Sarah Palin and instead she talked to Greta [Van Susteren]. She talked to Matt [Lauer]. She talked to Larry [King]. But she didn't talk to me.”

Winfrey’s comments came in response to rumors she'd refused to offer an invitation to the former vice presidential candidate.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Louis in Brooklyn

Does Ophra feel she is entitled to Gov Palins time now that the elecetions are over–I guess so. What Ophra does not want to accept is that Tina Fey and SNL kicked her Chicago rear end when Ophra had the chance. Gov Palin can now call her own shots, not Ophra calling the shots on Presidental candidates. Gov Palin will be on Ophra's show when it is convenient for Gov Palin. I dont care who you are and what your political leanings–this is the new reality!

December 8, 2008 08:21 pm at 8:21 pm |
  2. Truman

Did I seriously just read a comment where someone used the phrase "toothfaced"? Good lord. Like Palin, hate Palin, whatever...Oprah is a total hypocrite for even asking her to be on the show after refusing to put her on BEFORE the election. She had Barack on, she endorsed Barack, everyone was trying desperately to get Sarah on....but Oprah??? Nope. Not until AFTER the election she said.....well, if I were Sarah Palin, I would tell her to go blank herself too!

December 8, 2008 08:22 pm at 8:22 pm |
  3. independent

Please, are you joking? Who want to pull Palin for her political death? Palin is a joke of the past.

December 8, 2008 08:22 pm at 8:22 pm |
  4. Sen. Larry Craig

Cat fight. Please move this "news" to peoplemagazine.com. Thank you.

December 8, 2008 08:23 pm at 8:23 pm |
  5. Pat

fefe December 8th, 2008 7:37 pm ET
    You people are so full of yourself at first you loved oprah dirty draws now sense she supporetd My handsome new Preisident ,
    -----------–
    Huh? What did you actually say? Know how to spell, "fefe" NO!!!!!! So why should I even listen to you?

I, personally, never LOVED Oprah - the only thing I "liked" her in was "The Color of Purple." Apparently she's still stuck in that Spielberg "saga."

Your new President is "handsome"? By whose accounting? You obviously have a sexual fixation, "Fefe," whatever that name means - never heard of it.

December 8, 2008 08:23 pm at 8:23 pm |
  6. NJVote08

This Palin-Oprah crap would not be happening if some right wingdings hadn't DEMANDED that Oprah have her on her show. They even threatened to boycott the show. So what! I don't get it... just because you are in love with Palin does not mean that everyone else should be. Personally, I can't stand her voice or the the sight of her.

GET THIS... It is Oprah's show and you betcha, she does not have to beg anyone. She probably didn't even ask Palin. So, everyone just calm down and go on with your life or get one if you don't have one.

FYI... I am not an Oprah fanatic either. I am just sick of Sarah Palin!

December 8, 2008 08:24 pm at 8:24 pm |
  7. rick

Oprah can invite Senator-elect Palin, soon enough.

December 8, 2008 08:24 pm at 8:24 pm |
  8. JL

You Liberals in typical fashion belittle those who you do not agree with and need to pulls your heads out of your simplistic hind ends. Palin is smarter then she seems. She was just totally mishandled by the Bushies that McCain imported to tutor her. How dumb was that!

Sarah Palin is still news because the media is finally noticing her star power and magnetism now that she is not a threat to their man who has been safely elected to the White House. Don't be surprised if Obama offers her a job.

December 8, 2008 08:24 pm at 8:24 pm |
  9. VJ Sleight

Oprah didn't have ANY of the candidates on her program. Obama was on there BEFORE he announced that he was running. Oprah wanted to appear fair, she everyone knew that Obama was her choice.

December 8, 2008 08:24 pm at 8:24 pm |
  10. Mike in AZ

Who cares. I personally can't stand either one of them.

December 8, 2008 08:26 pm at 8:26 pm |
  11. Perusing-Through

SHE CAN'T SPELL

Sarah Palin is an "Arrogant Airhead Diva with a Nasty Attitude", especially when you ask her simple questions like "what magazines have you previously read". Sarah couldn't spell DIVA, even if you spotted her the first three letters D – I – V.

December 8, 2008 08:26 pm at 8:26 pm |
  12. Sick of Winfrey Worship

Oprah is full of herself. Who cares if Palin 'snubbed' her? What, she's Buddha reincarnated now?

Oprah, do us all a favor and get off TV, out of store shelves, and go fix the mess you started with your school in Africa. Those children deserve far more than your hubris at their expense.

Besides, how many of your fans want to see Palin, anyway? Umm...none!

December 8, 2008 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  13. khma

For those are obsessive and compulsive, please
    take a cool shower and go to sleep and dreaming
    for the change to no where. A Obomanation!

December 8, 2008 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  14. Godluvr

To Kitty, and other Palin-ites:
    I think you meant to say that Oprah doesn't need Palin! I agree, and hope that she never appears on her show!

It's bad enough that she, as a political non-entity, has stolen the spotlight from her mentor, John McCain, with his years and years of experience. But she also elevates the fact that the only reason she is still news is because of her looks! If she looked like _________(fill in the blank), no one would be hearing anything about her!

Not only does this Palin-ism speak volumes about the Republican party in a negative way; it reveals the fact that the media has the power to put someone – anyone, on a pedestal. A very troubling thing it is, when looks trumps intelligence, integrity, quality and quantity.

December 8, 2008 08:29 pm at 8:29 pm |
  15. Pat

Sarah ROCKS! Oprah DOES NOT! Guess Oprah's feelings are hurt!

December 8, 2008 08:29 pm at 8:29 pm |
  16. AndyB

If Governor Palin wants to be serious contender in 2012, that'll cinch it. Please do dingbat.

December 8, 2008 08:29 pm at 8:29 pm |
  17. Lyndon from CA

Santa is on his way and the caribou need to be fed, so there is no time in the schedule. Palin's press secretary forgot to give that reason for declining appearances.
    LOL ;-))

December 8, 2008 08:29 pm at 8:29 pm |
  18. Lin

I couldn't have said it better than J.D.!

December 8, 2008 08:29 pm at 8:29 pm |
  19. Ambrose Smith, Borrego Springs, California

I like it when Sarah Palin is on the ticker. It's fun to kick a pitbull when it is down.

It's good sport and she deserves all of the trashing she gets.

Hope she stays on for another month or so.....then I will be finished with my fun!

Hope she runs in 2012 so we can get more laughs and Obama can have 4 more years! Go Sarah Go!

December 8, 2008 08:30 pm at 8:30 pm |
  20. Steph

Still waiting to bid in the clothing auction for charity....maybe she can do the auction on Oprah's show.

December 8, 2008 08:30 pm at 8:30 pm |
  21. Robert

Opray is acting like an idiot! she needs to grow up.

December 8, 2008 08:31 pm at 8:31 pm |
  22. SHAME

I laugh out loud. Oprah has more smarts and clout than Gov Palin ever thought to have. Oprah had NONE of the candidates on her show during the campaign. In doing so I think she showed her ethics. Trust me, Oprah is the least of her worries on the world/national stage. This woman's breadth and depth on most any issue is minimal. She operates from works, lies, distortions, and downright meanness. She is delusional and a legend in her own mind. I must admit, I would pay to see her on Oprah.

And for the Palin supporters. Please get off the "feel sorry for Sarah train." It has left the station. She did not get half of the "vetting" she should have or could have from the media and the debate, well as a woman...I cringed that this is what some would consider the answer in a female candidate. I CRINGED!!!

December 8, 2008 08:31 pm at 8:31 pm |
  23. Chuck

Maybe she could be on a hunting show!!!!

December 8, 2008 08:32 pm at 8:32 pm |
  24. Kate

I thought Oprah was really catty about it. When is she going to retire? I can't stand Oprah.

December 8, 2008 08:32 pm at 8:32 pm |
  25. NJVote08

To: FreeNLovIt December 8th, 2008 6:17 pm ET

Honey, this is America. Palin will be on Oprah's show, whenever Palin is ready.
    ______________________________________________________
    You don't get it do you? Oprah calls the shots on her show. Do you really think that Oprah wants her on her show? She is just following up on the demand made by the lunatic fringe. Remember, she said that after the election she MAY ask Palin. So, if she really asked, it was done so that she would not appear to be a liar.

P.S. If Palin is the best that the GOP has to offer, they are in pitiful shape!

December 8, 2008 08:33 pm at 8:33 pm |