December 8th, 2008

Palin didn't snub Oprah, spokesman says

Palin didn't snub Oprah, a spokesman said.
Palin didn't snub Oprah, a spokesman said.

(CNN) – Sarah Palin's camp is denying claims she's is snubbing talk show host Oprah Winfrey, telling CNN Monday the decision was "nothing personal" - the Alaska governor has just been flooded with so many media requests she simply hasn't had the time to sit down with the daytime talk show icon.

“The governor was invited to appear. She was also invited to appear on Letterman, Leno, Stephanopoulos, The Daily Show. She passed on a vast majority of these requests," Bill McAllister, Palin's communications director and press secretary.

"We’re up to about 250 requests for interviews and appearances and so on. It’s worldwide, there’s still a tremendous amount of interest. It’s nothing personal about Oprah, it’s just that she turned down the vast majority of these requests."

A Palin appearance at a later date is still possible, said McAllister: “I’m not aware that it’s been ruled out.”

Winfrey - the popular daytime talk show host and strong Barack Obama supporter - seemed to suggest last week that Palin was deliberately avoiding her show.

"I said I would be happy to talk to Sarah Palin when the election was over…" she said in an interview with the entertainment show Extra. "I went and tried to talk to Sarah Palin and instead she talked to Greta [Van Susteren]. She talked to Matt [Lauer]. She talked to Larry [King]. But she didn't talk to me.”

Winfrey’s comments came in response to rumors she'd refused to offer an invitation to the former vice presidential candidate.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. kp

Why dos Oprah think that because someone dos not want to come on her show they are snubbing her.....maybe shes got better things to do...Oprah do you want to come to my house or you snubbing me

December 8, 2008 08:34 pm at 8:34 pm |
  2. Larry

Men that are sure that they are men,like Sarah's husband,really like her !

December 8, 2008 08:34 pm at 8:34 pm |
  3. Jane

If Palin is smart she will go on Oprah. It's still the highest rated talk show in syndication, even after a quarter century on the air. No where else can Palin reach such a large & diverse audience of women. And Palin has no reason to be mad at Oprah. Oprah didn't have ANY of the candidates on her during the campaign; even Obama hasn't been on since 2006. Palin should be honored that Oprah wants her on.

December 8, 2008 08:35 pm at 8:35 pm |
  4. Sharon - NC

Quite frankly – who gives a poop about either Sarah Palin or Oprah?

December 8, 2008 08:35 pm at 8:35 pm |
  5. sam

I don't want to see her anywhere except in Alaska doing her job for as long as she has it. After all, she has been ignoring it for quite a while now.

December 8, 2008 08:37 pm at 8:37 pm |
  6. BLAIR

Of course Palin snubbed Oprah, shes a typical repub. If your not with her, then your against her, yet she preaches bi partisanship, (BS) . Starting to realize that she is just plain wierd.

December 8, 2008 08:37 pm at 8:37 pm |
  7. What?

Who IS Oprah?

December 8, 2008 08:38 pm at 8:38 pm |
  8. Ecor

Look; why OW is a financial success has nothing to do with her innate lack of intelligence or talent; just promotional & producer's greed. Personality? Of course, but SP has personality and mor latent intelligence and, if you will pardon me, in spades. You do play bridge don't you?

December 8, 2008 08:38 pm at 8:38 pm |
  9. Glen,

Sarah PLEASE don't appear on the the Queen of Tears show – have some self respect. You want to be jumping on the couch like Tiny Tom. Oh I can just see it, "you have a baby who has Downs syndrom", (slowly turning to camera, dabs corner of eye with Paper Towel), it must have been terribly difficult for you (frowning ever so gently, dab at other eye) looking at audience for a collective "oh isn't she so brave") enough to make you vomit. And then she'll just insert her knife between the shoulder blades.

December 8, 2008 08:40 pm at 8:40 pm |
  10. bill for barack

Lying like that – and just before Christmas....
    What will Santa think ?

December 8, 2008 08:41 pm at 8:41 pm |
  11. Becky

I'm tired of hearing about Sarah whats her face, please her 15 minutes of fame is over.

December 8, 2008 08:42 pm at 8:42 pm |
  12. Pat

I wish everyone would stop bashing Palin, McCain, Obama, Hillary, Bush, etc. Get a life, stop hanging around smoked filled internet cafe's and staying up late just to throw hate towards everyone. If you don't like the current state of our country go buy American, conserve energy, stop buying on credit and don't buy stock from companies that pay execs million dollar salaries

December 8, 2008 08:43 pm at 8:43 pm |
  13. Perusing-Through

SUPER BOWL NARRATOR:
    "Hey Sarah! What are you going to do now that you lost the election for the Republicans by driving the Moderates into Obama-Biden hands?"

SARAH PALIN:
    "I'm going back to the Alaskan Independence Party so I can start a revolution and invade the lower 48 states with my 9,000 "gun-toten, helicopter-moose-shooting, non-reading, Joe Six-Pack Wasilla Hillbillys".

December 8, 2008 08:43 pm at 8:43 pm |
  14. Leave Alaska alone

Who cares who snubs Oprah. Now that she's been elevated to a God, I find her a bore.

December 8, 2008 08:43 pm at 8:43 pm |
  15. J.L.

Who cares? This story should be covered by Ryan Seacrest on E!, not CNN. I don't like Oprah any more than I like Sara Palin. Wouldn't waste time watching either lady. I won't respect Palin until she does the Sunday morning news circuit.

December 8, 2008 08:43 pm at 8:43 pm |
  16. aw

GO GIRL!!!

YOU ARE NOT oprah's PUPPET...!!!

..like dr phil..and o's other puppets.!!!

December 8, 2008 08:44 pm at 8:44 pm |
  17. Carol, California

If the story about the requests for interviews is true....... they just want her to come on their shows to see what stupid remark she'll make next.

December 8, 2008 08:45 pm at 8:45 pm |
  18. Gary

yes she did....and good for her! screw Oprah.

Palin...you go girl!

December 8, 2008 08:45 pm at 8:45 pm |
  19. Proud American from New England

WHO CARES?

PALIN IS A KOOK.

December 8, 2008 08:46 pm at 8:46 pm |
  20. Jan Illinois

I'll try again. Oprah deserves to be snubbed by every woman not just Plain. She preached on the empowerment of women for years and turned around and goes for Obama during the primary. Their policies were not that far apart, so that rules out that reasoning. All aspects of her show needs to be looked at closer by all women. Women were the ones to make her famous and helped to make her rich, She made us look foolish!

December 8, 2008 08:46 pm at 8:46 pm |
  21. Obama 2012

Oprah definitely doesn't need Sarah Palin for any ratings. She said it would be nice if she could talk to her. But, if not, who cares!!

Sarah knows what she is doing. She just doesn't want to talk with Oprah since she was a big supporter of Barack Obama and he won instead of McCain. I can tell from her speeches that she would not want to talk with Oprah. And, let her talk with Greta Van Susteren, she(Greta) and Sarah are on the same level.

Oprah is doing just fine without her.

December 8, 2008 08:47 pm at 8:47 pm |
  22. Zion

My problem with Palin is the following. First she refuses to educate herself on the issues that are dear to Americans. Let s be honest, for those who continue to say, wow, she is intelligent, I have to wonder what your IQ is. Whenever she speaks during an interview, I literally need a translator because her answers are so ridiculous. I just love how a virtually uneducated woman can continually scream sexism despite the obvious, she simply is not qualified. As far as Oprah, I think she can survive.

December 8, 2008 08:48 pm at 8:48 pm |
  23. Barbara NY

Who cares. It's apparently that Palin can't articulate a coherent sentence anyway. I'm surprised that there's so many people in this country that wan't to listen to Palin's vacuous blather.

December 8, 2008 08:49 pm at 8:49 pm |
  24. Lori

I particularily have not been a fan of Ms. Palin's by any stretch...but I commend her in holding her dignity. She has every right to select which media outlets she should like to work with...and quite frankly if Oprah put those stupid stipulations on me....I would tell her to shove her show x%@& permanently.

December 8, 2008 08:49 pm at 8:49 pm |
  25. SILLY

Everything about Palin is silly, silly, silly and she is kind of fits in this silliness.

December 8, 2008 08:49 pm at 8:49 pm |