December 8th, 2008

Palin didn't snub Oprah, spokesman says

Palin didn't snub Oprah, a spokesman said.
Palin didn't snub Oprah, a spokesman said.

(CNN) – Sarah Palin's camp is denying claims she's is snubbing talk show host Oprah Winfrey, telling CNN Monday the decision was "nothing personal" - the Alaska governor has just been flooded with so many media requests she simply hasn't had the time to sit down with the daytime talk show icon.

“The governor was invited to appear. She was also invited to appear on Letterman, Leno, Stephanopoulos, The Daily Show. She passed on a vast majority of these requests," Bill McAllister, Palin's communications director and press secretary.

"We’re up to about 250 requests for interviews and appearances and so on. It’s worldwide, there’s still a tremendous amount of interest. It’s nothing personal about Oprah, it’s just that she turned down the vast majority of these requests."

A Palin appearance at a later date is still possible, said McAllister: “I’m not aware that it’s been ruled out.”

Winfrey - the popular daytime talk show host and strong Barack Obama supporter - seemed to suggest last week that Palin was deliberately avoiding her show.

"I said I would be happy to talk to Sarah Palin when the election was over…" she said in an interview with the entertainment show Extra. "I went and tried to talk to Sarah Palin and instead she talked to Greta [Van Susteren]. She talked to Matt [Lauer]. She talked to Larry [King]. But she didn't talk to me.”

Winfrey’s comments came in response to rumors she'd refused to offer an invitation to the former vice presidential candidate.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Scott

What does it matter if she didn't want to be on Oprah's show. Oprah fired the first shot when she allowed Barack Obama to come on her show and announce his presidency, and clearly backed him in the election, but wouldn't let any other candidate come on the show to talk to the American public. I wouldn't come on her show after that either. Media needs to be impartial and bipartisan when it comes to allowing their viewers to see all points of view, not just their own. That's the reason a lot of Americans no longer trust the media, because they think they are handing them a bunch of lopsided bull. Doesn't matter if you are Oprah, CNN, or Fox News...tell all sides of the story and let the public make up their own mind about things.

December 8, 2008 09:29 pm at 9:29 pm |
  2. Carol

All I have to say to Winfrey is "Whaaa". And I might add, I have lost respect for you.

December 8, 2008 09:30 pm at 9:30 pm |
  3. Tammy - KCMO

The majority could care less if they ever see Palin again!

December 8, 2008 09:30 pm at 9:30 pm |
  4. Lynne

Oh poor baby Oprah, she is soooo used tio getting her way. Funny thing Oprah refused to have Palin on her show during the campaign. Why does Oprah think the world revolves around her and her stupid show. Maybe if Oprah buys her some of her favorite things like a car, a house, and a few baubles she will come on her show to get the goods. Why not try it Oprah, throw some cash at her.

December 8, 2008 09:30 pm at 9:30 pm |
  5. Lauren

Someone called Palin trailer trash?
    Well Oprah is nothing more than Chicago trash. Just because she is loaded does not make her any better than anyone else. She showed her true racism when she refused to interview anyone BUT Obama before the elections.
    If i were Sarah, I would tell Oprah,,,,, blow it out your fat butt,,,,,,,,

December 8, 2008 09:30 pm at 9:30 pm |
  6. California Gold

It's not like Oprah Winfrey is anything more than a talk show hostess who likes to review books, talk to the latest popular star, promote consumerism (Oprah's My Favorite Things), complain about diets and weight loss (when the problem is every time her arm bends her mouth flies open), and a host of other talk show goofy stuff. What's in it for Palin? Now I don't care for Palin, but I also don't care for the Oprah Winfreys complaining that someone doesn't want to go on her show, especially after Winfrey's personal poltiical choice was for the other candidate. I mean I wouldn't want to sit down with someone who is clearly not supportive of my campaign in front of Winfrey's unsympathetic, biased audience. Would you? Winfrey just doesn't have that much money. LOL.

December 8, 2008 09:30 pm at 9:30 pm |
  7. Honest American

Sorry Palin, you went to the WRONG profession....you could be one of Playboys best models.... this is where u really belong..

December 8, 2008 09:31 pm at 9:31 pm |
  8. Anonymous

December 8, 2008 09:32 pm at 9:32 pm |
  9. Karen - Missouri

Palin is an illiterate Diva and Oprah has so many more important and interesting guests to interview. Palin is history. Palin is a poster child for illiteracy.

December 8, 2008 09:33 pm at 9:33 pm |
  10. susie

Oprah SNUBBED Palin. What goes around comes around.

December 8, 2008 09:34 pm at 9:34 pm |
  11. Democrat

I am very interested in Sarah Palin. So are millions of Americans. She has a lot to offer us. I am a Democrat – never voted Republican before until November 2008. Liberals need to face facts. She is a political force to be reckoned with.

December 8, 2008 09:34 pm at 9:34 pm |
  12. mike

She is beautiful women and liberal so jeoules...because obama wife and hillary NOT pretty at all spend to fix michelle hair spend % k to make smooth

December 8, 2008 09:35 pm at 9:35 pm |
  13. Marc Ellis

Where are all the people who used to think being SMART was a virtue. Oprah plies to the lowest common denominator, "I love Ofrah". Sarah Palin doesn't even rise to the level of a usual, BRAIN DEAD GUEST. She truly has nothing to say, even to Ofrah... "I can see Russia, and I can see it's a country not like a country I have ever lived in, basically a place where different people live, like differently..." If the Republicans want to foist Sarah as 2012 fodder, let's project the ad to be "George W., ONLY COMPLETELY STUPID!"

December 8, 2008 09:35 pm at 9:35 pm |
  14. wayne from Canada

Ues pepil in Amareica sures cant spel very wale.

December 8, 2008 09:35 pm at 9:35 pm |
  15. Ed

Oprah should just get over the little dose of "getting even...."

HELLO!!!

Did you really think Palin would come on. She'll go on Waynes World before she does Oprah!

December 8, 2008 09:36 pm at 9:36 pm |
  16. dmg

Don't do it "O" don't do it. Please!!!!!. Let that woman do whatever she does in Alaska, and save us a headache.

December 8, 2008 09:36 pm at 9:36 pm |
  17. mike

She is beautiful women and liberal so jeoules...because obama wife and hillary NOT pretty at all spend to fix michelle hair spend 5 K to make smooth

December 8, 2008 09:36 pm at 9:36 pm |
  18. Hayden

As a Republican I would echo every other comment that says, "Who cares." Oprah, stop whining. Get over it.

December 8, 2008 09:36 pm at 9:36 pm |
  19. Anonymous

Why should it be news that a politician snubs a talk show host. So frickin' what if it is Oprah? Why does a media personality have so much sway over the public's thinking that the vast (or should I say vapid) majority of us just can't imagine that anyone anywhere at any time would turn down an invitation to appear alongside her? Especially a politician. This is ludicrous. Can we please re-redefine what "News" is? This garbage about media personalities hardly qualifies.

December 8, 2008 09:38 pm at 9:38 pm |
  20. jason k williams

Oh and Palin has more money than you can think about. Alaska has more oil than anywhere and she can't be stupid because she runs that state. As far as her clothes many of you can't talk. b/c our tax dollars are feeding you tonight. When you walk in your section 8 apartment or house remember that. I think many heads have blown up and that is sorry. Obama is just a man and you need to realize that and by the way he is half white as well. So he is not the first black president but the first bi racial. By the way are we gonna get the Black Rights now since he is so called a Black president? LOL Would not stoop to that level.

December 8, 2008 09:39 pm at 9:39 pm |
  21. Steve B

Right now I have a lot of respect for Palin. If she went on Oprah's show, I would lose some of that respect. The only place I would like to see the two of them together is a debate hosted by a nuetral moderator.

December 8, 2008 09:40 pm at 9:40 pm |
  22. songluva

Why should Governor Palin waste her time talking to the Pied Piper of Harpo when she has a state to run. I doubt Palin is interested in listening to some BS questions about clothes and incest. That's about all libs like the Pied Piper can think about.

December 8, 2008 09:40 pm at 9:40 pm |
  23. DAve

Sarah... your 15 minutes called... you're late.

December 8, 2008 09:40 pm at 9:40 pm |
  24. So Cal Gal

Sure there are not hard feelings that the most powerful woman in the media helped get the other guy elected.

December 8, 2008 09:40 pm at 9:40 pm |
  25. Carramea

Bill

I think Palin is a waste of space. shes good at being a breeder thats about that. Yea now that Palin is out of the running NOW she is talking. Can you not see how dumb she is ?

Oprah whether you like her or not is a very bright woman who has been very successful and she gives millions back to charities both in Chicago and abroad
    IF Palin and Oprah were drowning I would save Oprah any day