December 8th, 2008

Palin didn't snub Oprah, spokesman says

Palin didn't snub Oprah, a spokesman said.
Palin didn't snub Oprah, a spokesman said.

(CNN) – Sarah Palin's camp is denying claims she's is snubbing talk show host Oprah Winfrey, telling CNN Monday the decision was "nothing personal" - the Alaska governor has just been flooded with so many media requests she simply hasn't had the time to sit down with the daytime talk show icon.

“The governor was invited to appear. She was also invited to appear on Letterman, Leno, Stephanopoulos, The Daily Show. She passed on a vast majority of these requests," Bill McAllister, Palin's communications director and press secretary.

"We’re up to about 250 requests for interviews and appearances and so on. It’s worldwide, there’s still a tremendous amount of interest. It’s nothing personal about Oprah, it’s just that she turned down the vast majority of these requests."

A Palin appearance at a later date is still possible, said McAllister: “I’m not aware that it’s been ruled out.”

Winfrey - the popular daytime talk show host and strong Barack Obama supporter - seemed to suggest last week that Palin was deliberately avoiding her show.

"I said I would be happy to talk to Sarah Palin when the election was over…" she said in an interview with the entertainment show Extra. "I went and tried to talk to Sarah Palin and instead she talked to Greta [Van Susteren]. She talked to Matt [Lauer]. She talked to Larry [King]. But she didn't talk to me.”

Winfrey’s comments came in response to rumors she'd refused to offer an invitation to the former vice presidential candidate.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Rushpublicans Are The G.O.P.

Please, more Palin stories. She's the carwreck that keeps on giving.

December 8, 2008 09:40 pm at 9:40 pm |
  2. chuck

Oprah, you are wasting your time with this IDIOT.Leave this MUDCAKE alone and don't polute your excellent show. She needs what you already have.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

December 8, 2008 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  3. Penn Voter

nobody needs Oprah

December 8, 2008 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  4. FoCo

Opray, don't bother, she still has nothing worth while to say. Put on someone interesting.

December 8, 2008 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  5. michelle

Not everyone cares about what Oprah Winfrey wants. If I were Sarah Palin, I wouldn't go on her show either. Why would anyone subject themselves to a hostile interview if they didn't have to? As far as the Sarah bashing that is going on in this venue, I don't understand why you all still hate her so much. It's not like she won or anything. Sarah is back in Alaska doing her thing, and I agree, it's time to move on. Your ugly comments only reflect on yourselves.

December 8, 2008 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  6. FoCo

Oprah, don't bother, she still has nothing worth while to say. Put on someone interesting.

December 8, 2008 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  7. kermide

Oprah don't worry not having a one on one meeting with palin,By talking with palin will made your thinking stupid, send palin to get a teahing lesson from Bill Orielly before coming out on your talk show. Bill Oriely said the woman is smart> She can be tutored before coming out on any talk show. Palin needs to concentrat on learning her geography about Africa as a continent,or a country. Hell with palin 1012

December 8, 2008 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |
  8. Mike

OPRAH...what a windbag! During the election, she did not want anything to do with Palin...now that she has lost much of her audience for her politics, she is trying to go back to the middle as if nothing ever happened...maybe she can be Obama's press secretary? Or, inner city school charter member? No, wait...she only does those things in other countries...

December 8, 2008 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |
  9. Carramea

Have you seen Oprah lately so what if she gained weight back 1 out of 3 Americans are obese and its projected to be 100% within 20 years.

Yes Palin is thin and works out and I will give her credit for that but shes a hypocritical right wing alleged Christian that knows how to buy Victoria Secret Panties...... Palin is starting to wrinkle, she will look as old as any one else in a few years

December 8, 2008 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |
  10. Walt, Belton,TX

If she had, she would have gained immediate prestige in my eyes!

December 8, 2008 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  11. PM

Snub her Sarah. Who cares what Winfrey thinks or if she gets herr nose bent out of shape. Rermember, she doesn't "endorse" political candidates, oh wait, that bit of integrity left this year. Don't let your people make excuses. You are too good for her show. Let them know that the Oprah show rates just below the local "pets on parade" show Saturday mornings at 7:00 AM in Butte, Montana.

December 8, 2008 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |
  12. Arturo

Who does Oprah think she is? Overated,overwieght and overhyped.
    She sold her soul when she voted color instead of gender.
    Sarah should not snub Oprah. She is a beautiful woman. She should go on the show and steal the limelight away from her. I have never watched Oprah because i have better things to do with my time, but i would PAY to see this one.

December 8, 2008 09:47 pm at 9:47 pm |
  13. Dahg!

STOP WRITING ABOUT THIS PATHETIC WOMAN. GOOD BYE FREAK!

December 8, 2008 09:47 pm at 9:47 pm |
  14. 55STLOUISMO

If Palin and her supporters keep making noise about running her again in 2012, let's hear her speak to the issues. Palin is pretty slick about veering off into her weird tangents: "it's that maverick thing over there, then, that we're all wanting" or "the towns I visit love America deeply as we do" etc. etc. I have yet to hear Palin speak intelligently or even coherently about ANY real issue. Maybe Oprah Winfrey can ask Palin some REAL QUESTIONS and insist Palin answer them. But, we'll probably here more of the inane ramblings that we heard when Palin talked to Katie Couric during the election.

December 8, 2008 09:49 pm at 9:49 pm |
  15. KCKatwoman

Who wants to hear Palin on any talk show anyway? That grating voice of hers during the campaigning sent chills up my spine. The less this woman is in the media spotlight, the better. Palin is so conservative and so tunnel-visioned, I suspect she pees through a straw. She doesn't believe in abortions, nor global warming, nor getting off the OPEC teat, etc. She's an idiot and I, quite frankly, am sick of hearing about her. The only thing I want to hear is that she has given up her political career at the same time she is returning her expensive wardrobe! Keep her off the talk shows and in her mukluks and shooting precious moose and wolves in Alaska! She is worthless.

December 8, 2008 09:49 pm at 9:49 pm |
  16. CNNGuy

Palin is finally realizing she is WAY out of her league....maybe she could hold her own with Hannah Montana or the Muppets????

December 8, 2008 09:49 pm at 9:49 pm |
  17. Pamma

Oprah, what goes around, comes around.
    Niobe

December 8, 2008 09:51 pm at 9:51 pm |
  18. Carramea

Tori Yes I would have declined. If I was the mother I said I am and I had a pregnant out of wedlock daughter and just had given birth to a special needs child. I would have thank Mccain for the honor but said I needed to devote myself to my children and declined. I was undecided going into the Republican convention but when I saw that baby being carried around like a sack of potatoes and then found out that Bristol was pregnant , I turned off on Palin . I said this woman buts ambition first........ its all a sham her Christian Motherhood stance . SO yes I would have declined my child always came first

December 8, 2008 09:52 pm at 9:52 pm |
  19. Liko

OK... The day she stop reciting the stump speech she will be on Oprah. Palin needs Oprah to sell her book and movies so people just wait and see... She depends on Oprah and that is why they had to get a statement out. If she didn't care she would have just shut up!!!!!
    Palin is a user people... she will use anyone and anything including her children to get her way watch and see.

December 8, 2008 09:53 pm at 9:53 pm |
  20. Remy

Palin is an outdated politico. Let her go to Alaska to hunt moose. Why does CNN waste space on Palin?

December 8, 2008 09:54 pm at 9:54 pm |
  21. MARY O

WHO CARES SHE IS NOBODY BUT A FAILURE

December 8, 2008 09:55 pm at 9:55 pm |
  22. hkp

The fact that many of you are still bashing her, shows you are still afraid of her. Go PALIN!!!

December 8, 2008 09:55 pm at 9:55 pm |
  23. KJL

I doubt that Oprah gives a darn whether this vacuous woman is on her show. It's not like she's desperate for interesting guests. Palin is probably afraid Oprah will make her look like the empty head she is.

December 8, 2008 09:56 pm at 9:56 pm |
  24. Layton

Really? This is what's on Cnn? Look, I'm a huge Obama fan and all, but come on, give it a rest. Oprah, chill. Sarah, take these next eight years and try to prepare for the race between you and Hillary Clinton (it really seems like you need the prep. time). I imagine you could at least carry Alaska, if you try. Come on, next article, and real news this time, please.

December 8, 2008 09:58 pm at 9:58 pm |
  25. rainlee

Don't bother with her Oprah, she's yesterdays news and we don't need any more laughs right now Tina Fey took care of that.

December 8, 2008 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |