December 8th, 2008

Palin didn't snub Oprah, spokesman says

Palin didn't snub Oprah, a spokesman said.
Palin didn't snub Oprah, a spokesman said.

(CNN) – Sarah Palin's camp is denying claims she's is snubbing talk show host Oprah Winfrey, telling CNN Monday the decision was "nothing personal" - the Alaska governor has just been flooded with so many media requests she simply hasn't had the time to sit down with the daytime talk show icon.

“The governor was invited to appear. She was also invited to appear on Letterman, Leno, Stephanopoulos, The Daily Show. She passed on a vast majority of these requests," Bill McAllister, Palin's communications director and press secretary.

"We’re up to about 250 requests for interviews and appearances and so on. It’s worldwide, there’s still a tremendous amount of interest. It’s nothing personal about Oprah, it’s just that she turned down the vast majority of these requests."

A Palin appearance at a later date is still possible, said McAllister: “I’m not aware that it’s been ruled out.”

Winfrey - the popular daytime talk show host and strong Barack Obama supporter - seemed to suggest last week that Palin was deliberately avoiding her show.

"I said I would be happy to talk to Sarah Palin when the election was over…" she said in an interview with the entertainment show Extra. "I went and tried to talk to Sarah Palin and instead she talked to Greta [Van Susteren]. She talked to Matt [Lauer]. She talked to Larry [King]. But she didn't talk to me.”

Winfrey’s comments came in response to rumors she'd refused to offer an invitation to the former vice presidential candidate.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Bobb Dobbs

Oprah who?

December 8, 2008 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  2. Sheena

Hi Kora. Your punctuation skills are pathetic, as is your inability to realize when you've created run on sentences. And your awkward use of pronouns is appalling. Interesting that you would choose to point out Tim's spelling errors, when you can't write your way out of a brown paper bag. I bet I know who you voted for – yourself.....

December 8, 2008 10:02 pm at 10:02 pm |
  3. p dubrin

Please just go back to Alaska and stay there!!!

December 8, 2008 10:02 pm at 10:02 pm |
  4. Tiff of lithia springs

No more Palin! Beside Oprah probably just ask her just to follow through with a statement post election. I don't think she meant it nor does she care.

Her fan base doesn't even care for this uneducated (piece together a degree from 10 different colleges) women. This approach is beneath most of America who voted for the RIGHT person.

I don't like the term Hillbilly but gee! It is what it is.

SORRY LYNNE!

December 8, 2008 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  5. mark

Why doesn't she agree to meet with Oprah after the next election? Despite Oprah saying otherwise, she did use her program and position to help elect Obama. Now I don't really care that she did, I do care that she is denying it.

December 8, 2008 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  6. Amydee

I love the way Sandee in Portland is so selective in noting the spelling errors of Palin's supporters, while ignoring the errors of Obama supporters.

fefe wrote:

"You people are so full of yourself at first you loved oprah dirty draws now sense she supporetd My handsome new Preisident ,now all of a sudden your not loving her anymoreYou people are so toothfaced get over yourself. How yall gone be mad at oprah for supporting President Obama what did you expect. Now yall mad, all you people need Jesus."

Is that a reflection of the intelligence of the Obama base, Sandee?

December 8, 2008 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  7. WOW

Oprah, get over it! And yourself...
    sheesh!

December 8, 2008 10:05 pm at 10:05 pm |
  8. Montana

Please make Palin GO away...the lower 48 states don't want her!

December 8, 2008 10:05 pm at 10:05 pm |
  9. Dave in Houston

I've got a fever and there's only one prescription: more cowbell, I mean, more Sarah Palin.

We just can't get enough of her!

PS: I'm an Obama guy. My thinking is the more they see of her, the more bat-guano crazy she sounds! Remember Katherine Harris.

December 8, 2008 10:05 pm at 10:05 pm |
  10. Firefighter

I'm sure Sarah Palin will eventually be on her show. Obviously people can't find enough civility to keep negative comments to themselves. It only shows ignorance. How do you expect people to be tolerant when you can't show tolerance yourselves? I didn't vote for Obama, but he's my new President. The election is over, let's get this country back on track by working together. I don't ask political affiliations if I respond to a car accident, or if I run into a burning house. Grow up already and just stop this nonsense.

December 8, 2008 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  11. bertha doucet

why is this a issue that sara palin is not appearing on oprah show?who said that sara palin was stupid? I think not,she is smart enough not to go on oprah show!!!!! Houston Tex.

December 8, 2008 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  12. Xavierism

Enough of Oprah! I do not want to see Palin on Oprah's show. I'd lose respect if she appeared on her show. Glad to see that Palin's star continues to shine.

December 8, 2008 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  13. Mike the amazed

Palin should pick something at her level, like Nick at Night, the Muppet Show, Romper Room and the Rocky and Bullwinkle Show.

December 8, 2008 10:07 pm at 10:07 pm |
  14. Mark

@ sandee in Portland

Your grammar is atrocious, dear. Also, feel free to properly capitalize.

December 8, 2008 10:07 pm at 10:07 pm |
  15. Tiff of lithia springs

OMG! TIM HOOKED ON PHONICS DUDE OR SPELL CHECK. OR HECK JUST PICK UP A MAGAZINE THATS NOT ABOUT GUNS AND HUNTING! O-P-R-A-H-S NAME IT BOUND TO BE IN ANY ONE OF THEM.

December 8, 2008 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  16. TINA

OPRAH SNUBBED GOVERNOR PALIN FIRST.

OPRAH IS SO SELF ABSORBED WITH HERSELF, SHE CAN'T SEE THE TRUTH!

HER SHOW RATINGS AND MAGAZINE SALES ARE IN THE TOILET AND SHE IS TRYING TO GET THEM BACK – TOO LATE!

MOVE ON GIRLFRIEND!

December 8, 2008 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  17. KCKatwoman

To Tim: Most of us appreciate one another's comments to some extent, but you really should ask Santa for a dictionary. I won't go into great detail about your poor spelling and grammar, however, I think we can start with Oprah, NOT "Opera", where you listen and watch a staged performace of music and choreography. Is there any doubt who you voted for in the election? Duh.

December 8, 2008 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  18. Who Cares

Palin Palin Palin who care who care who care who cares

December 8, 2008 10:10 pm at 10:10 pm |
  19. ss

Palin Who??????

December 8, 2008 10:10 pm at 10:10 pm |
  20. dan

Sarah Palin is going to be in the public eye – that is, your eye – for a long, long time to come. Even after Obama leaves office, Palin's long political career will just be getting up to full speed. So, get used to it – Ms. Sarah is very much in your future.

December 8, 2008 10:10 pm at 10:10 pm |
  21. CB in California

People who watch Oprah don't have much to do to begin with. Palin on the Oprah show is another don't care in politics and doesn't mean anything. Oprah just wants to make her look bad and pump up her own ego. She's pumped up enough as it is. Oprah has an admitted political agenda with Obama. Why would anyone want to go into a loosing biased discussion? Palin won't do it. Forget about it. Anyone who wants to see this is disturbed. Are all Democrats just wanting to beat the dead dog Republicans into the ground here? Not much of a gracious winner huh? This continues to show Oprah's true colors, refusing to interview Palin until after the elections. She just continues to polarize the country which isn't what we need.

December 8, 2008 10:11 pm at 10:11 pm |
  22. JIM

GOVERNOR PALIN IS WONDERFUL!

I HOPE SHE RUNS IN 2012!

December 8, 2008 10:11 pm at 10:11 pm |
  23. Gary

I am a definite Obama supporter and I can't say that I like Palin at all, but this serves Oprah right. I've been so sick of her self-righteous attitude. Palin probably declined because she knows Oprah isn't a fair journalist in the matter especially since Oprah publicly rallied on Obama's behalf. Again I am in no way a Palin supporter and find her disqualified, but her denying Oprah's request only serves Oprah right. I've always been put off by O's arrogance. She may be very powerful, but believe me, she knows it and manipulates people when necessary.

December 8, 2008 10:11 pm at 10:11 pm |
  24. TED

PALIN 2012!

PALIN 2012!

December 8, 2008 10:12 pm at 10:12 pm |
  25. MATT WILL, W-S N.C.

DO YOU REALLY THINK PALIN WILL APPEAR ON OPRAH WINFREY'S SHOW. OPRAH, WILL EAT HER ALIVE ON THAT SHOW. PALIN IS NOT UP TO THIS. SHE NEEDS SOMEMORE SCHOOLING BEFORE APPEARING ON THAT SHOW. PALIN 20'

December 8, 2008 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |