December 8th, 2008

Rove vows to 'name names'

Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.
Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.

(CNN) – Enemies of President Bush take heed: Karl Rove is set to name names.

The man widely credited with Bush's two presidential victories says his new book will include an accounting of those in Washington who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief.

"I've got behind-the-scenes episodes that are going to show how unreceiving they were of this man as president of the United States," Rove told Cox News in an interview published Sunday. "I'm going to name names and show examples."

Rove signed a deal with publishing giant Simon & Schuster last year, reported be worth over $1.5 million.

In the wide-ranging interview, Rove also suggested the criticisms the president and his aides took were partly because they were not part of the Washington establishment.

"You'll notice there was outrage when it was thought that I was the person behind outing Valerie Plame. And then when it came out that it was the sainted [Deputy Secretary of State] Richard Armitage, there was no interest," Rove said. "I don't remember seeing anybody camped out on his doorstep like they were camped out on mine. [It's]because he was part of the acceptable culture of Washington, and I was not. I was one of those Texans who came up. He was one of those perpetual I'll-scratch-your-back-if-you'll-scratch-mine Washington leakers. "

Filed under: Karl Rove
soundoff (1,676 Responses)
  1. Mari

Mr. Rove, how does it feel to be a part of the worst presidency in U.S. history??Why don't you write a book about that?

December 8, 2008 06:41 pm at 6:41 pm |
  2. Rick

That's going to be one big list Karl. But thanks for outing the silent heros for us. We already know who the supportive criminal conspirasts are.

December 8, 2008 06:42 pm at 6:42 pm |
  3. Adam

Karl Rove, innocent outsider. Change agent, really.

He's not part of the Washington Establishment or a back-scratching politico. He'd never resort to dirty tricks, power-brokering and questionable ethics to gain influence.

He's just an honest little guy.

Like Lee Atwater.

December 8, 2008 06:42 pm at 6:42 pm |
  4. Brick

Any idea when this book will be out?

December 8, 2008 06:43 pm at 6:43 pm |
  5. Francis Heath

IT BETTER BE A REAL BIG BOOK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 8, 2008 06:44 pm at 6:44 pm |
  6. Phil Muse

How typical of Karl Rove to attack-attack-attack as his best defense. Bush and his mob were not criticized because they were Washington outsiders, as Rove claims, but because they were blind, arrogant fools who stampeded this country into war in Iraq. For his part in that stampede, Rove should be clapped behind bars. As far as Bush being "dissed" as commander-in-chief from the git-go, I would it were so. Actually, he had too much credibility from the press and the public for far too long. His premise for invading Iraq was an obvious lie, and more of us should have stood up to it.

December 8, 2008 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |
  7. Caligirl

The US would have been better off if they all would have stayed in Texas.

December 8, 2008 06:55 pm at 6:55 pm |
  8. SPOKANE BOB

This is the alert matrix for terrorism threat used in German, France and by the liberals.

1) run
    2) hide
    3) surrender
    4) collaborate

Gotta love that democratic congress. 7% approval rating, lol thats worse then bushkin.

December 8, 2008 07:00 pm at 7:00 pm |
  9. T in the Big D

Karl who? Who cares what he has to say?

December 8, 2008 07:02 pm at 7:02 pm |
  10. Trollmaster

We need a swarm of at least 200 patriots doing a citizens arrest Rove, since the gutless Congress can't do their job for his crime of contempt.

December 8, 2008 07:06 pm at 7:06 pm |
  11. Paul in ABQ

Name names, eh? I'm shaking in my non-Texan boots! That's about as much a threat that he'll talk harshly to those bad men. Bring it on, you conniving SOB!!!

December 8, 2008 07:07 pm at 7:07 pm |
  12. AndThatsABadThing

I think that there are many whom would like to be on that List.
    He may just be doing them a favor.

But who cares.
    Rove is just trying to build up momentum for his book, it's all about the benjamins baby!

December 8, 2008 07:08 pm at 7:08 pm |
  13. m00finsan

Don't forget me, Rove:
    Heather Dammann.

You spell my name wrong and I will drag you back to TX myself.

December 8, 2008 07:09 pm at 7:09 pm |
  14. libssuck1

This is news!

December 8, 2008 07:10 pm at 7:10 pm |
  15. mike underwood

Re: Rowe's "'outing" certain of washington establishmnet.
    The reason Bush was not accepted as presidential material was because of the way he presented himself and by his actions and paranoia. George Bush was a president in title only, a fool diguised as one. The fact that he was voted in a second time is
    proof enough that he had his chance in spite of local opinion, but did little to nothing to justify himself. It appears the Rowe is writing the encyclopedia of those with common sense during an abominable administraton.

December 8, 2008 07:14 pm at 7:14 pm |
  16. Sue

I'd be careful pointing fingers about drug use. Here we go again. Why not have Rove write a book? Everyone else has.
    And btw, I bet Al Gore is glad President Bush (according to many of you) "stole" the election. He wouldn't have been able to make millions on global warming if he was president.
    Better go and turn the heat up. I'm freezing!

December 8, 2008 07:19 pm at 7:19 pm |
  17. Kimberly

Any of you actually defending Rove, Bush or Cheney amaze me. You're calling us whiners at a time like this? Whining? Really? How about down right OUTRAGED!!! Yeah.. that's more like it. What is wrong with you people.

Joe Band – history will look at Bush as the best President ever? Are you freaking kidding me? The reason other Presidents have been able to have their histories, legacies re-written, is because there was nothing like the Internet around back then.

Guess what? History can't be rewritten this time. Forever there will be the truth out there... year by year...starting with the stealing of the election in 2000.

Joe and others like you – pull your flippin' head out! Dumb is as Dumb does...Wow! That's all I can say is Wow!

December 8, 2008 07:19 pm at 7:19 pm |
  18. Jeff

A last, desperate attempt to salvage some shred of respect for Bush's legacy. Trying to recast the worst president in American history won't be that easy Rove. You and Bush brought the American dream to its knees and it may never recover. That's his legacy, and it's yours as well.

December 8, 2008 07:19 pm at 7:19 pm |
  19. Huh?

I truly don't understand what Rove is trying to do hear. With Bush's record low approval ratings naming names will only help the political careers of his opponents.

December 8, 2008 07:24 pm at 7:24 pm |
  20. Jim D. in Costa Mesa

Turd Blossom is a douchebag! I hope my name is in there. Burn in Hell!

December 9, 2008 12:57 am at 12:57 am |
  21. Andy Smith

No matter how you feel about O.J., if he got 15 or more years for is Nevada actions then shouldn't he 3,000 years for all of his crap!!!

December 9, 2008 07:58 am at 7:58 am |
  22. Andy Smith

I never drank the Kool Aid and I'm not starting now!
    Go away already, preferably back to Hell where you came from!!!

December 9, 2008 08:04 am at 8:04 am |
  23. Ruthie

Is it going to be a comedy? I'm confused, because surely no one takes him seriously anymore.

December 9, 2008 08:51 am at 8:51 am |
  24. renee

I cant believe there is going to be a book as thick as an encyclopedia.

December 9, 2008 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  25. pauld

I'm gonna give the slick talking liberal the same chaance that GWB got... zero. Anyone want ot buy a Seante seat? Liberals are stupid.

December 9, 2008 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |