December 8th, 2008

Rove vows to 'name names'

Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.
Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.

(CNN) – Enemies of President Bush take heed: Karl Rove is set to name names.

The man widely credited with Bush's two presidential victories says his new book will include an accounting of those in Washington who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief.

"I've got behind-the-scenes episodes that are going to show how unreceiving they were of this man as president of the United States," Rove told Cox News in an interview published Sunday. "I'm going to name names and show examples."

Rove signed a deal with publishing giant Simon & Schuster last year, reported be worth over $1.5 million.

In the wide-ranging interview, Rove also suggested the criticisms the president and his aides took were partly because they were not part of the Washington establishment.

"You'll notice there was outrage when it was thought that I was the person behind outing Valerie Plame. And then when it came out that it was the sainted [Deputy Secretary of State] Richard Armitage, there was no interest," Rove said. "I don't remember seeing anybody camped out on his doorstep like they were camped out on mine. [It's]because he was part of the acceptable culture of Washington, and I was not. I was one of those Texans who came up. He was one of those perpetual I'll-scratch-your-back-if-you'll-scratch-mine Washington leakers. "

Filed under: Karl Rove
soundoff (1,676 Responses)
  1. Lee in Ohio

Why should W have been accepted as a legitimate commander in chief when he was not legitimate? He, his henchmen, and the U.S. Supreme Court all conspired to steal the 2000 election for him. He was thus was appointed, not elected, to the presidency.

December 8, 2008 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  2. OAC

Karl Rove again with a book? I will not buy or read it. I don't want him to make any money from me. The book should be shower of praises of Bush's achievements.
    Rove, you cannot decieve us again, Americans are tired of you.

December 8, 2008 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  3. Tim

Any way for my name to be added to the list?

December 8, 2008 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  4. Glennis, PA

There's an interesing double standard in play in which supporters of Obama's are all over the place suggesting that those who didn't support him in the campaign should now get behind him because "he's our president". Uh huh. And Bush wasn't? I don't blame Rove for being bitter.

December 8, 2008 12:41 pm at 12:41 pm |
  5. Tired of W, OH

I wonder if I'm in the book? I never really accepted Bush as my president after the Iraq invasion.

December 8, 2008 12:41 pm at 12:41 pm |
  6. Independent

I wish that my brother was still alive cause I'm sure he would send his name to Rove to put it in the book....

Sorry, won't be buying the book....with all the lies during this administration, who will believe what is written by Rove....NOT ME!!!

December 8, 2008 12:41 pm at 12:41 pm |
  7. Aelfscine

He's a shrewd man, and I wonder if he's aware of the irony in naming detractors of one of the most hated presidents ever. If he were smart, he'd point the accusing finger at people that he likes, 'accidentally' making them look like heroes.

"That jerk Smithers was always against the Iraq War! It would be a terrible shame if he ever became one of the Joint Chiefs of Staff."

December 8, 2008 12:41 pm at 12:41 pm |
  8. Need mor Respect

You know guys.....I don't like Obama abd did not vote for him. But he is now my Prez.....and I will show him respect.
    I have never seen in ,y life the disrespect this country has givin' to a Prez..as has been handed out to Bush. That the problem now....no one respects anything anymore...when you can't even respect the man who watches over your loved ones. Wow...I bet a bunch of you guys don't even re.spect your lord savior either.....sad.

December 8, 2008 12:42 pm at 12:42 pm |
  9. Paul DObro

Hey ROve, please do name all of the people that fought aginst Bush. I would like to give them medals for their strength and patriotism.

While you are at it, there are a couple of judges that would like to tlak to you and you can name more names. But instead you refuse to honor the supenas.

Coward.

December 8, 2008 12:42 pm at 12:42 pm |
  10. Kas

They never liked me or W!!!! So this is the EXCUSE Rove has cooked up to throw out as historians and others judge both him and Bush and this administration's utter failure on all fronts. Pretty transparent, Karl.

December 8, 2008 12:42 pm at 12:42 pm |
  11. Joe The Plumber

Who cares Karl? None of us do. After all you and your buddy killed many people, ran us deep into financial doodoo and basically screwed the country. So shut up, sit down – your time in the spotlight was over years ago!

December 8, 2008 12:42 pm at 12:42 pm |
  12. dee morgan

Invest this $1.5 wisely, because you're about to find yourself without work, without prospects. Who does this guy think is going to give a crap about the people he doesn't like?????? Go away already.

December 8, 2008 12:42 pm at 12:42 pm |
  13. Brian MacDougall

More proof the GOP is dead.

December 8, 2008 12:42 pm at 12:42 pm |
  14. Dave, Central Illinois

I bet those who are still whining about the supposed "stolen" election of 2000 are just fine with Franken's efforts in Minnesota. What a bunch of hypocrites!

December 8, 2008 12:42 pm at 12:42 pm |
  15. James K.

Karl Rove helped ruin this country. He should be tried for treason!!!

December 8, 2008 12:43 pm at 12:43 pm |
  16. JAC

Well if Rove and George W were so incompetent that they couldn't get accepted after 8 yrs! then it's a good thing they are gone. Good grief ... go away already... but I will miss the Bushisms ... those were always good for a laugh.

December 8, 2008 12:43 pm at 12:43 pm |
  17. Carl from MI

Book deal or no book deal... Karl Rove is still evil!!

He needs to be prosecuted for all of the terrible and illegal stuff he has done and he needs to spend 7-10 years on Danbury for it.

Karl Rove is a bad person... and he will get his just desserts in time.

December 8, 2008 12:43 pm at 12:43 pm |
  18. Know the Facts

To "Wake up Liberals": It was a republican, conservative dominated government that voted for the war.

December 8, 2008 12:43 pm at 12:43 pm |
  19. Mike

"...his new book will include an accounting of those in Washington who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief."

How many volumes is this thing going to have?

December 8, 2008 12:43 pm at 12:43 pm |
  20. Steve

All these good lefty posts and only one even mentions the name Richard Armitage. Hmmm....Seems many of you don't really know your Valerie Plame history too well. You wanted to crucify Rove but when we found out it was a lefty all along that was responsible, none of you cared and most of you decided to plame Rove anyway. Lambs being led by the mainstream media once again. This is exactly how you end up with the most unqualified and unvetted President Elect in the history of our great nation.

December 8, 2008 12:43 pm at 12:43 pm |
  21. sunshine

turn out the lights the PARTY is over.

December 8, 2008 12:43 pm at 12:43 pm |
  22. Tomcat

Once again, even for this republican I can see this snakeoil salesman aka Karl Rove is up to his dirty tricks. Enough already with the disastrous eight-years of Bush, the neocons and Rove! Now we have to listen to this sociopath as he peddles his book and tell us how great G.W. Bush was as President. Karl go make your millions and shut the hell up!

December 8, 2008 12:43 pm at 12:43 pm |
  23. Tom

Volunteering to be on this list (Tom Pile, Houston)

December 8, 2008 12:43 pm at 12:43 pm |
  24. Mike

Hey Mr. Dopeie "Wake up Liberals"
    You did "pretty well" under Bush? And anyone who didn't is stupid? What about this big mess that your butt-buddy got us into? How are people doing now? And another thing, people voted for the war because they were lied to by Bush & Rove. I hope he tells that story in his book too!

December 8, 2008 12:43 pm at 12:43 pm |
  25. republicans hate america

you did out valarie plame i dont care what the destroyed evidence did not show.

December 8, 2008 12:43 pm at 12:43 pm |