December 8th, 2008

Rove vows to 'name names'

Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.
Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.

(CNN) – Enemies of President Bush take heed: Karl Rove is set to name names.

The man widely credited with Bush's two presidential victories says his new book will include an accounting of those in Washington who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief.

"I've got behind-the-scenes episodes that are going to show how unreceiving they were of this man as president of the United States," Rove told Cox News in an interview published Sunday. "I'm going to name names and show examples."

Rove signed a deal with publishing giant Simon & Schuster last year, reported be worth over $1.5 million.

In the wide-ranging interview, Rove also suggested the criticisms the president and his aides took were partly because they were not part of the Washington establishment.

"You'll notice there was outrage when it was thought that I was the person behind outing Valerie Plame. And then when it came out that it was the sainted [Deputy Secretary of State] Richard Armitage, there was no interest," Rove said. "I don't remember seeing anybody camped out on his doorstep like they were camped out on mine. [It's]because he was part of the acceptable culture of Washington, and I was not. I was one of those Texans who came up. He was one of those perpetual I'll-scratch-your-back-if-you'll-scratch-mine Washington leakers. "

Filed under: Karl Rove
soundoff (1,676 Responses)
  1. Will Winchester

It's good that he's able to put the past behind him.

December 8, 2008 12:57 pm at 12:57 pm |
  2. Ty B

Put my name on the list: I don't think of Bush as a legitimate commander-in-chief

December 8, 2008 12:57 pm at 12:57 pm |
  3. Stan Evans

This man lost all credibility while he held public office. Why would any sane person buy his book just to read more of his twisted, malignant verbiage? Enemies of Bush indeed! The entire country (and rippling effects throughout the so-called "global economy") is suffering because of eight (8) years of the inept, misguided, out-of-touch arrogance of the Bush administration and Karl Rove is still ignorant to the reason for his unpopularity. Good riddance to all of them!!!

December 8, 2008 12:58 pm at 12:58 pm |
  4. MartyMar

Laughable how these clowns have shifted their focus to "Bush Legacy Repair" mode. Once again they want us not accept what we see clearly right before our eyes. Yeah, Karl...go ahead and try and fool us ...again

"Fool me once...duh ....shame on you...fool me twice...duh....see that's just it...you can fool me once, but you can't fool me twice" (Bush quote)

IDIOT.

It's always someone else's fault with these morons.

December 8, 2008 12:58 pm at 12:58 pm |
  5. LOL

Thanks for the laughs in these comments. Rove is making over a million dollars on this book, while you all whine about him. Too funny.

December 8, 2008 12:58 pm at 12:58 pm |
  6. Robbin

Put my name down as one of the ones that have never accepted this travesty of a president and interview me for some examples!!!!

December 8, 2008 12:58 pm at 12:58 pm |
  7. Eddie B.

Are you kidding me?!?!? Karl Rove not part of the "Washington establishment"?! This guy is one of the most evil, no conscious fellas I know. He wants to paint himself as a Washington outsider when he was knee-deep in it and pulling the strategic strings behind a puppet President for 8 years. This is the same guy that laughed at Congress when they subpoened him and still has not answered this. He is a joke and everybody knows how low he is.

Besides, count me and most Americans in for not recognizing Bush as a legitimate Commander-In-Chief.

December 8, 2008 12:58 pm at 12:58 pm |
  8. Shelagh from Ohio

"Unreceiving"? Is that a word?
    It wasn't in the American Heritage dictionary. Maybe something made up to say something a bit different from "dislike", or (heaven help us!): "hate".

George Orwell, where are you now? Things have gone way past Doublespeak.

December 8, 2008 12:58 pm at 12:58 pm |
  9. paul

What ever Rove says would be interesting as insight to how this administration screwed up this nation, but, buddy the bell as been rung and the damage was done.

December 8, 2008 12:58 pm at 12:58 pm |
  10. B.H.

This man should be behind BARS!
    Another one of Bush’s gang that have just about destroyed this country,

These people couldn’t have done more damage to the situation we find
    ourselves in if they where working for Bin Laden.

December 8, 2008 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  11. Chuck in LA

I really hope this is not indicative of how the villains of the Bush administration will live out the rest of their lives. These people who have cause so much misery and suffering throughout the world need to be tried for their repeated violations of the law. They do not deserve to get lucrative book deals and live in comfort in $2m mansions while everyone else is mired knee-deep in the mess they created.

December 8, 2008 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  12. Hank

why isn't this man in prison?!

December 8, 2008 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  13. rich

Mr. Dolberry boy just looking for more money to feed his face. Ironically, its all the food he is eating that is going to punish him for his evil ways. Its just a matter of time, and will be poetic justice. I would not purchase anything this snake has to sell even it its discounted to a dollar courtesy of the Bush-Rove economy. I hope the publishing house he is given him money go broke when more people like me dont buy his book and they go belly up. And please, CNN, why do we have to keep hearing about this dotus?

December 8, 2008 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  14. terry

Well he can add the majority of the populations for the 2000 elections. but once the decision was made by the courts then there was nothing else to be done. If you asked me if he was the president i would reply yes, and if there were ever a threat on his life, or to his person I was concerned, and would be outraged if anything was ever to happened to him. He won with what i would call a mandate but it fell apart with the adminstration policy. Karl is attempting to pump up the sale of his book. The American people had and have the right to be upset with President Bush over the way he has run this country into the ground.

December 8, 2008 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  15. Lance

Please, add my name to the list. Unpatriotic moron.

December 8, 2008 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  16. thomas, michigan

Can we believe anything from this 'great concocter' who worked for
    'the decider'? Can we now? We're going to see some real smoke-
    screens from this character, all to cover his tracks walking over our
    exquisite Constitution.

December 8, 2008 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  17. Mike

Maybe Karl didn't realize that Bush WASN'T elected in 2000!

The supreme court made him president, and he only barely won again in 2004, mainly because Kerry sucked slightly more than Bush.

December 8, 2008 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  18. steve_the_radical

any "enemies list" put together by Rove will be viewed as a list of heroes, and true patriots, by almost everyone else;

December 8, 2008 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  19. MW in MD

Who cares?

December 8, 2008 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  20. Brad

George Bush got almost everything he wanted. America is where it is today because of it. Bush had far more enablers than detractors. Those few who were willing to stand against him are heroes.

It's the people who were WITH him that need to be called out. Rove is scum.

December 8, 2008 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  21. Marko

Mommy! Mommy! Their making fun of me again and pulling my tie just like in middle school. Wah! Wah! Nobody likes me. Wah! Nobody wants to play with me because I talk funny. Wah! They don't like my friend George so they won't let me destroy more countries. Wahhhhhhhhhhhh!

December 8, 2008 01:00 pm at 1:00 pm |
  22. KJL

Seems HIS name comes up a lot when people are naming names.

December 8, 2008 01:00 pm at 1:00 pm |
  23. Douglas

Karl Rove speaks and who cares. The little weasel was probably a hall moniter in high school, ratting out everyone for smoking in the bathroom. I would love about five minutes alone with the little snot.

December 8, 2008 01:00 pm at 1:00 pm |
  24. Jacques

Karl,

Would you like some cheese with that "whine"?

December 8, 2008 01:00 pm at 1:00 pm |
  25. Hank

Can't he accept the fact that Bush was not accepted in Washington because he was so frickin' stupid?!

December 8, 2008 01:00 pm at 1:00 pm |