December 8th, 2008

Rove vows to 'name names'

Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.
Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.

(CNN) – Enemies of President Bush take heed: Karl Rove is set to name names.

The man widely credited with Bush's two presidential victories says his new book will include an accounting of those in Washington who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief.

"I've got behind-the-scenes episodes that are going to show how unreceiving they were of this man as president of the United States," Rove told Cox News in an interview published Sunday. "I'm going to name names and show examples."

Rove signed a deal with publishing giant Simon & Schuster last year, reported be worth over $1.5 million.

In the wide-ranging interview, Rove also suggested the criticisms the president and his aides took were partly because they were not part of the Washington establishment.

"You'll notice there was outrage when it was thought that I was the person behind outing Valerie Plame. And then when it came out that it was the sainted [Deputy Secretary of State] Richard Armitage, there was no interest," Rove said. "I don't remember seeing anybody camped out on his doorstep like they were camped out on mine. [It's]because he was part of the acceptable culture of Washington, and I was not. I was one of those Texans who came up. He was one of those perpetual I'll-scratch-your-back-if-you'll-scratch-mine Washington leakers. "

Filed under: Karl Rove
soundoff (1,676 Responses)
  1. bjon

All these intelligent, name calling, I know everything about Washington folks who write their hate messages here. Do any of them smile...ever. It's just a constant, "I can't wait for the next bit of news to trash, just wait, I'll really slap them down". While I didn't vote for nor support ALL that George W. Bush did in office, he was still the elected president of this country, not matter what spin one want's to put on it.

December 8, 2008 01:01 pm at 1:01 pm |
  2. JJ12345

Bob Mitchell December 8th, 2008 12:47 pm ET

Karl Rove, you don't get it. The reason some (many) of us never accepted GW Bush as our President, and the reason we camped out on your doorstep hoping to catch you in the act, is not because you were outsiders to the Washington establishment. It's because you came to WDC with a promise to reach across the partisan divide and make things better.
    ______________________________________________________

Wow, the same promises Obama has made, so if we dont accept Obama for those reasons are you going to accuse everyone of being racist?

December 8, 2008 01:01 pm at 1:01 pm |
  3. Mike

Pecan State pundit- actually there is much doubt if Bush actually won the 2004 election. If you have the time, you should read up on the Diebold voting machine debate in Ohio.

December 8, 2008 01:01 pm at 1:01 pm |
  4. Patrick Melloy

If you plan to name names start with yourself. George Bush stole both elections with your help of course, so naturally you weren't welcome in Washington. Starting a unjust war didn't help either. How does it feel to know you were part of the most criminal administration since Richard Nixon. From George Bush on down you should all be in jail for the WAR, RUINED ECONOMY, and TAKING AWAY OUR CIVIL RIGHTS.

December 8, 2008 01:01 pm at 1:01 pm |
  5. Chris - Denver

Sore loser.

December 8, 2008 01:01 pm at 1:01 pm |
  6. norma wilkinson

Please people, DON't buy Karl Roves book. Don'tgive him thesatisfaction of showing any interest in what he has to say. If you just have to read it, borrow it from your local library. This man has been behind most of the problems that we have faced during this past administration. IGNORE HIM>

December 8, 2008 01:02 pm at 1:02 pm |
  7. bjon

All these intelligent, name calling, I know everything about Washington folks who write their hate messages here. Do any of them smile...ever. It's just a constant, "I can't wait for the next bit of news to trash, just wait, I'll really slap them down". While I didn't vote for nor support ALL that George W. Bush did in office, he was still the elected president of this country, no matter what spin one want's to put on it.

December 8, 2008 01:02 pm at 1:02 pm |
  8. John K.

As an American who both respects and admires President Bush for both his public and private resolve; it is somewhat obvious who in DC was not very receiving of this President. I would prefer Mr. Rove to name names of individuals (politicians/insiders) who share my respect of this great President. It seemed to me everybody ran when he needed them the most. Please Mr. Rove give me one politician who had the courage to stand up and be counted when they were needed. This is the type of politician I would vote for.

December 8, 2008 01:02 pm at 1:02 pm |
  9. Ridgerider

Carl Rove is an unattractive, uninspiring, and largely uninteresting person who managed to turn an ability to identify and harness the fears of others into a lucrative career. Mike Huckabee will be his next project and what a pair they will make, a religious zealot and an insecure narcissist. God help us.

December 8, 2008 01:02 pm at 1:02 pm |
  10. Darvin

Rove is the kind of jerk that you would not want your sister to marry!

December 8, 2008 01:02 pm at 1:02 pm |
  11. Jerry

haha... they're still looking for excuses as to why their administration was horrible. Keep blaming it on Congress, you didn't have the majority for six years or anything.

December 8, 2008 01:02 pm at 1:02 pm |
  12. James

Republicans have no right to complain about Bush being treated with disrespect. Look at what they did to Bill Clinton.

December 8, 2008 01:03 pm at 1:03 pm |
  13. KJA83

Nothing could be better then being at the top of that list. Karl you have no clout anymore so go home or better yet find a new home i hear there are plenty of vacancies in Baghdad! I will even donate your plane ticket but it will only be a one way ticket.

December 8, 2008 01:03 pm at 1:03 pm |
  14. keith alexander

Yawn

December 8, 2008 01:03 pm at 1:03 pm |
  15. Josh

Yep, Rove is definitely going to put my name in his book. Since I think George W Bush is nothing more than a dumb war criminal who selected not elected to serve as President. There is a special place for people like Karl Rove and his ilk all right and Rove will be there for all eternality.

December 8, 2008 01:03 pm at 1:03 pm |
  16. IRISH

OMG, is there that much paper in the world to list everyone who didn't like Bush?? Me thinks not.

December 8, 2008 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  17. Sad for the trees

WAAAAAAH....KARL. You BIG BABY. Too bad S & S are dealing with this guy. I know, I know, it's business....but REALLY??? Did they give OJ the book deal too? Well, there's hope...he's in jail now for a long time.....maybe Karl the Turd will be there soon too? We can only hope. PLEASE just go away and change your mind about the book. It's gotta be HUGE...think how many trees you'll kill. Please put my name at the top along with most other Americans.

PEOPLE....please don't buy this garbage!!

December 8, 2008 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  18. Martin Bormann

This photo has been heavily edited. There is no blood on his hands.

December 8, 2008 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  19. gerri

Carl will look so good in an orange jumpsuit.

December 8, 2008 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  20. Laurie in Lawrence, KS

Does anyone even take this man seriously anymore?!?!?!?!

December 8, 2008 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  21. Aaron

Porky Pig's days are over. Now he's just squealing.

December 8, 2008 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  22. sed81650

Rove is a disgrace. Rove and Bush and Cheney should be put on trial for all the wrong they have put us through. Our dislike has nothing to do with not being part of the Washington establishment. It has to do with being crooks.

December 8, 2008 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  23. John

There it is; more proof that they are trying to rewrite history. Sorry karl, but your book is not going to change the facts: 911,Katrina,Guantanamo,torture memos,Gonzo not to mention subversion of justice. No, I live to see you clowns get the justice you deserve. In the meantime you have my complete contempt. And when you leave take "...your little dog too..."

December 8, 2008 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  24. StevenS

PLEASE, PLEASE, Karl, just go away. The country is trying so hard to overcome the despair that you caused. If you are a true patriot, JUST GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!

December 8, 2008 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  25. Adam Smith TX, USA

At the top of the list he should put his name FIRST:

Karl ROVE