December 8th, 2008

Rove vows to 'name names'

Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.
Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.

(CNN) – Enemies of President Bush take heed: Karl Rove is set to name names.

The man widely credited with Bush's two presidential victories says his new book will include an accounting of those in Washington who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief.

"I've got behind-the-scenes episodes that are going to show how unreceiving they were of this man as president of the United States," Rove told Cox News in an interview published Sunday. "I'm going to name names and show examples."

Rove signed a deal with publishing giant Simon & Schuster last year, reported be worth over $1.5 million.

In the wide-ranging interview, Rove also suggested the criticisms the president and his aides took were partly because they were not part of the Washington establishment.

"You'll notice there was outrage when it was thought that I was the person behind outing Valerie Plame. And then when it came out that it was the sainted [Deputy Secretary of State] Richard Armitage, there was no interest," Rove said. "I don't remember seeing anybody camped out on his doorstep like they were camped out on mine. [It's]because he was part of the acceptable culture of Washington, and I was not. I was one of those Texans who came up. He was one of those perpetual I'll-scratch-your-back-if-you'll-scratch-mine Washington leakers. "

Filed under: Karl Rove
soundoff (1,676 Responses)
  1. Larry

Hey Karl, be sure to add my name as someone who never recognized Bush as the legitimate Commander-in-Thief.

December 8, 2008 01:15 pm at 1:15 pm |
  2. Roland in St George, UT

I would expect this kind of tattling from Mr. Rove. I bet he's going to get his jollies off on this childish and unprofessional behavior. I got news for you, Mr. Rove. The reason you all got criticism in Washington had nothing to do with not being part of the Establishment. It's because you all are a bunch of crooks, liars, phoneys, and incompetents, and I'm sure every word of criticism was well-justified.

December 8, 2008 01:15 pm at 1:15 pm |
  3. Butch

"...those... who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief."

That's gonna be a big book! By my count that would probably be, oh, about 140,000,000 Americans. Me included.

B

December 8, 2008 01:15 pm at 1:15 pm |
  4. Ray - Jackson, MS

Why won't this troll just crawl back under its bridge and die already?

December 8, 2008 01:15 pm at 1:15 pm |
  5. richard

Just treat Obama the same as the dems treated Bush. Remember Obama wants to be fair.

December 8, 2008 01:15 pm at 1:15 pm |
  6. j

those who never accepted Bush as a president, they all should be rewarded and awarded for their brave actions. I hope Mr. Rove and Mr. Bush will eventually be held accountable for all their illegal actions.

December 8, 2008 01:15 pm at 1:15 pm |
  7. BL

If only we could get everyone to NOT BUY THE BOOK !!

(I won't)

December 8, 2008 01:16 pm at 1:16 pm |
  8. Wanted Poster

Rove and Limbaugh may both have been fathered by the same man.I cant wait till hes in prison and Limbaugh is living under a bridge.

December 8, 2008 01:16 pm at 1:16 pm |
  9. Patrick Carroll

Anybody who is "outed" in Rove's new book should be proud of themselves. If i were a politician, i would be lobbying Karl to put my name in the biggest, boldest font at the very front of the book.

You're a joke, Karl. We all laugh at your expense. Ha. Ha. Ha.

December 8, 2008 01:16 pm at 1:16 pm |
  10. Bill

So what? The man wasn't "a legitimate commander-in-chief." Is there anyone with half a brain who does think he did our country good?

December 8, 2008 01:16 pm at 1:16 pm |
  11. F. Taylor

Too late to white wash the administration for history. Second to Bush Rove is the world's most hated person.

If you want to look at some of the idiots Bush brought with him to the white house you don't have to look any further than the Pat Roberts school of morons as Dubbya hired 150 of them just beause they were Evangelicals. This is rated the worst school in America.

December 8, 2008 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  12. Milhouse van Houten

If he is going to"name names"in his book,the whole exercise will read
    like a phone book.Not the best formula for the"best sellers list".

December 8, 2008 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  13. jonathan

This guys is TRASH, and he works for criminals.
    Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rove, Rice; should all be locked up for crimes against the State as well as sovereign nations.

Any person that wastes money on his book is a fool.

December 8, 2008 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  14. Sam7_OR

A Rat living up to his true colors…

December 8, 2008 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  15. Anonymous

As long as the 'lame duck' leaves, that's all I care about. And as far as Karl Rove naming names.....who cares.....this stuff is in the past and why bother with the past when it's over and done with.....move on, Karl Rove.....the rest of the country has too, except for maybe Oklahoma and Texas.

December 8, 2008 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  16. oustdumbanddumber

Karl Rove is naming his enemies in a book.... A very thick book that must be and a bunch of fine men he will be naming. I would certainly like to know their names.
    pathetic venomous loser!! but doing a big favor to the American people by naming those smart wise folks.

December 8, 2008 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  17. karen raleigh

How do men like Rove and Limbaugh ever manage to get the attention they get? They are farcical and they are laughing all the way to the bank. Why do people listen to these incompetent, negative men?????????

December 8, 2008 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  18. Rae

Oh no!!!!! I am really scared.

As we all know, if you weren't with him...

We need dialogue at all levels. I am watching my GOP representatives. If things continue on the same path as the past (split down party lines) they will not get my vote.

December 8, 2008 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  19. Donna Cunningham

Okay.....DON'T BUY THE BOOK !!!
    donna

December 8, 2008 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  20. Robert Yarush

Karl Rove is to blame for much that took place in the White House under George Bush than Bush himself. He wants to take credit for being the architect in the electing and re-election of Bush... go right ahead... I consider this man to be one of those borderline White collar criminals.... we'll perhaps never know all that this guy had his hands in....

December 8, 2008 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  21. Jim Jam

Karl Rove is the lowest of the low. To be denounced by him is an honor.

December 8, 2008 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  22. Tara

HAHAHA – he's only worth $1.5 million. I love the sound of sour grapes.

December 8, 2008 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  23. Wanted Poster

December 8, 2008 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  24. gg

"...those in Washington who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief."

he was never legitimate.

December 8, 2008 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  25. redRider

This is the best that he can do? For eight years and two elections, President Bush was not accepted? What about the tax cut, the authorization for war, the PATRIOT Act, etc? Seemed like he had support for all of that.
    Karl Rove was called Bush's Brain in a a well-known book, if this is true, I'd like to hear about the triumph of his economic theories, emergency relief after disasters, and how the White House's foreign policy has made us the favorite nation in the world.

December 8, 2008 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |