December 8th, 2008

Rove vows to 'name names'

Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.
Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.

(CNN) – Enemies of President Bush take heed: Karl Rove is set to name names.

The man widely credited with Bush's two presidential victories says his new book will include an accounting of those in Washington who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief.

"I've got behind-the-scenes episodes that are going to show how unreceiving they were of this man as president of the United States," Rove told Cox News in an interview published Sunday. "I'm going to name names and show examples."

Rove signed a deal with publishing giant Simon & Schuster last year, reported be worth over $1.5 million.

In the wide-ranging interview, Rove also suggested the criticisms the president and his aides took were partly because they were not part of the Washington establishment.

"You'll notice there was outrage when it was thought that I was the person behind outing Valerie Plame. And then when it came out that it was the sainted [Deputy Secretary of State] Richard Armitage, there was no interest," Rove said. "I don't remember seeing anybody camped out on his doorstep like they were camped out on mine. [It's]because he was part of the acceptable culture of Washington, and I was not. I was one of those Texans who came up. He was one of those perpetual I'll-scratch-your-back-if-you'll-scratch-mine Washington leakers. "

Filed under: Karl Rove
soundoff (1,676 Responses)
  1. Dem in NE

75% of this country doesn't think he is/was incompetent.

Can't wait to see my name in there....

December 8, 2008 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  2. Matt

Mr. Rove: I am eagerly awaiting this book so that I can read it and use it as toilet paper afterwards. I will not believe a single word out of Rove's mouth or a single word typed by his own hands. He has lied repeatedly, dodged congressional subpoenas, and seems to think he is above the law. If anybody else dodged congressional subpoenas (such as normal everyday people like you and me) they would be sitting in a jail cell somewhere, possibly being held endlessly at Guantanamo without any formal charges since Mr. Rove and President Bush seem to support the suspension of Habeus Corpus. Enough is enough Mr. Rove. I am praying for your soul.

December 8, 2008 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  3. CS in PA

Yeah, sure I believe you Rove – just like I believe OJ spent the past 14 years looking for his wife's killer!!

Go away you pathetic piece of garbage – your cronies have done enough damage!

December 8, 2008 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  4. Sally

I understand wanting to clear your name, but this is politics. So, at the end of the day, it is all about money.

December 8, 2008 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  5. HouseDiva

Rove should be out in prison along with Bush... Cheney...Rummy...Condi..Bin Laden...and the rest of their criminal network!

December 8, 2008 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  6. Eric from LA.

When January 20th rolls around, I think a lot of workers in the gov't are going to start spilling the beans because they won't get fired for whistleblowing. Look at what they did to Dan Rather, someone who was liked by everyone in this country. SS leader Rove is going down like the titanic. His role model was Lee Atwater, Mr. do anything to get you elected. Morality eludes these people who are suppose to be Gods party!!!!

December 8, 2008 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  7. Ro in BR

add me to your list Karl. You all stole the election and you know it. His presidency was an immediate failure, and the 9/11 happened and we were forced to accept him as president. Nice plug for the book though. I'm sure you will sell thousands of books to the 20 percent of America that actually believed your boy George was a legit and fine president.
    You ol' capitalist you!

December 8, 2008 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  8. Anonymous

You go Karl. I am no a fan of Bush, but as an American citizen I'm fed with how bias the press and the internet bloggers have been to him - and to The Office of the President. Anyone they don't deem worthy of being "inside the beltway" gets hammered. Their tactics will hurt us all in the long run as they discourage good people from seeking elected office.

December 8, 2008 01:20 pm at 1:20 pm |
  9. Dave V

I am holding up one hand. I have 1 finger up. Guess what it means Karl?
    No, its your IQ.

December 8, 2008 01:20 pm at 1:20 pm |
  10. Plato

Nice work, you crook. A cool $1.5M. Unbelievable.

December 8, 2008 01:20 pm at 1:20 pm |
  11. Cynthia in MI

And what difference does it make that the Washington insiders were such meanies to the cowboys? I thought W. had a direct pipeline to God.

December 8, 2008 01:20 pm at 1:20 pm |
  12. JPP

Bye Bye Karl

December 8, 2008 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |
  13. Bradley

An entire book dedicated to blaming...brilliant, why didn't I think of that.

December 8, 2008 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |
  14. klo

Add my name to the list. He didn't legitimately win... Katherine Harris, the psycho, handed the presidency to him...

December 8, 2008 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |
  15. Steve

Gee Karl,
    Could it have been because you stole the election in 2000? To be accepted legitimately I think you have to legitimately win the election.
    Or if not, at least earn that respect as any legitimately qualified person would have done.

December 8, 2008 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |
  16. Jonathan Quijano

Ahhhh, Operation Legacy Whitewash.

Sorry Karl, not buying it. Former Defense Secretary Richard Cheney was no outsider. And the wealthy benefactors of Mr. Bush are more "inside" than any Washingston staffer.

This kind of deception and manipulation of perception makes me sick.

December 8, 2008 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |
  17. arc, Lugano CH

Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Wolfowitz are War Criminals. History should remember then as such.

December 8, 2008 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |
  18. Jose

Add my name to the list.

December 8, 2008 01:22 pm at 1:22 pm |
  19. JB

You go Karl. I'm no fan of Bush but as an American citizen I am fed up with how the bias press and internet bloggers have treated him - and the office of the President. Anyone they don't deem worthy of being "inside the beltway" gets hammered. This will hurt us all as they discourage good people from seeking elected office.

December 8, 2008 01:22 pm at 1:22 pm |
  20. joe

Who the heck would "receive" Bush. He is clearly an idiot and a mistake.

December 8, 2008 01:22 pm at 1:22 pm |
  21. arc, Lugano CH

Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Wolfowitz are War Criminals. History should remember them as such.

December 8, 2008 01:22 pm at 1:22 pm |
  22. Larry

The Washington insiders aren't going to like Carl's book,but I bet anything they will read it.Democrats in general won't read the book because they will think everything Carl says is a lie,even the average voter .The Republicans will read his book,be made aware of what has happened in truth,try to educate people who either don't care,or are in total denial,and every body will end up mad.Historians will get in right later and that is the only good thing that will end up happening.

December 8, 2008 01:22 pm at 1:22 pm |
  23. Zach

I find this so ironic....and slightly upsetting that this is what our country has come to! I read all these posts by the left wing of our country! They spent 8 years of Bashing Bush and crying....yet when somone who disagree's with their point of view then the attacks come. If we say a word out of step with Obama then we are attacked! I and every other conservative out there have every right to voice my opnion wether the left wing agrees with it or not! Our country is above this.....I may disagree with Obama politically....but he is STILL my president.....I have disagreed with secretay clinton....yet she has every right to publish a book....Karl Rove did nothing illegal...did not comit treason....if you dont want to read what he has to say..then dont! Just quite crying because you are simply afraid that americans may wake up as see that the dems.....are not just angels!!! So if you don't like Karl and think he is a criminal...dont buy his book....I know Mrs. Clinton is a criminal on may leavels and guess what..did not buy her book!! Ignorance is what is going to kill America and it seems like a lot of you have just that!!

December 8, 2008 01:22 pm at 1:22 pm |
  24. DNA

Thank You, Karl. I will add these people to *MY* list of personal heroes. GOOD BYE, GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

December 8, 2008 01:23 pm at 1:23 pm |
  25. Proud Progressive

Please!!! Name Those Names. I really want to know who has the courage to stand up to the worst president in American history. I'll help fund their reelection campaigns and vote for those for whom I'm eligible to vote.

December 8, 2008 01:23 pm at 1:23 pm |