December 8th, 2008

Rove vows to 'name names'

Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.
Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.

(CNN) – Enemies of President Bush take heed: Karl Rove is set to name names.

The man widely credited with Bush's two presidential victories says his new book will include an accounting of those in Washington who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief.

"I've got behind-the-scenes episodes that are going to show how unreceiving they were of this man as president of the United States," Rove told Cox News in an interview published Sunday. "I'm going to name names and show examples."

Rove signed a deal with publishing giant Simon & Schuster last year, reported be worth over $1.5 million.

In the wide-ranging interview, Rove also suggested the criticisms the president and his aides took were partly because they were not part of the Washington establishment.

"You'll notice there was outrage when it was thought that I was the person behind outing Valerie Plame. And then when it came out that it was the sainted [Deputy Secretary of State] Richard Armitage, there was no interest," Rove said. "I don't remember seeing anybody camped out on his doorstep like they were camped out on mine. [It's]because he was part of the acceptable culture of Washington, and I was not. I was one of those Texans who came up. He was one of those perpetual I'll-scratch-your-back-if-you'll-scratch-mine Washington leakers. "

Filed under: Karl Rove
soundoff (1,676 Responses)
  1. Kathie, Houston, TX

Who gives a flyin flip. What is he going to do, name the majority of the american people???? Jeez give me a break. Oh, better yet – I wanna be in the book – please, please oh pretty please.

Oh, and by the way, this is one Texan that would prefer Bush take a flyin leap over to Saudia Arabia. Don't want him back in Texas!!!!

December 8, 2008 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  2. Clark

The reason nobody likes you is that they hate your slimy politics. The most patriotic thing you could do for America is to retire in Argentina.

December 8, 2008 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  3. Lance Hill

Karl, go ahead and name names. Liberals are scared to death of you. The Reason, because you made head the next Republican Presidential campaign and win again.

December 8, 2008 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  4. Greed is not good

Rove is a fraud with the credibility of a shiesty low-end used car salesman

December 8, 2008 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  5. Victory Gin

Brenda C: You're an idiot. Please don't breed. If you have already, please bring them (the virulent offspring) to your nearest vet and have them put to sleep. It's for their own good as well as the rest of the country.

December 8, 2008 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  6. Donovan

Name names of those who were unreceiving of Bush? Put me on that list. And Bush was never a legitamite president anyway. He didn't win EITHER election. They were both STOLEN by the Bush family and their cronies. He didn't deserve ANY respect out of ANYONE. He's a treasonous war criminal and should be tried, convicted, and executed.

December 8, 2008 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  7. Gobbler

What are you tree hugging hippies scared of?

December 8, 2008 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  8. Old white lady in Birmingham, AL

I never accepted Bush as the legit President either so I'm not sure why I would care about any of the names he is going to name.

December 8, 2008 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  9. jeff

Oh, and anyone who "refused to accept" George W. Bush as President of the United States is either treasonous or moronic. It's correct he was "selected." By a majority of the Electoral College. Exactly as set forth in the Constitution of the United States. And even confirmed by that conservative rag, the New York Times.

What are we going to complain about for the next 4 years?

December 8, 2008 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  10. Sue

One has to wonder why the major new media continue to give Rove this level of attention.

December 8, 2008 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  11. David Jenkins

Add my name to the list of those who never accepted Bushie as a legitimate president. His daddy's friends handed him the election in 2000, and his "win" in 2004 looked pretty dubious.

December 8, 2008 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  12. Steve in Las Vegas,NV

Remember Nixon's enemies list? Well it's baaaack !
    As long as he and all those who have helped in this train wreck known as the Bush administration leave, I'm happy!

One other thing, save your money and don't even bother to buy his book! Just some more BS from the master of BS.

Good riddance to all of them!

December 8, 2008 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  13. Mike

I want on the list!

Karl, crawl back to Texas, and SHUT UP! We are done with you!

December 8, 2008 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  14. marco

Whoooooooo cares!!!!!!

December 8, 2008 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  15. what????

Yep.. name them so we can acknowledge them for being right.GWB an error that should have never occurred.

December 8, 2008 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  16. John in Ohio

He should name the names of those like himself and others who actually accepted that idiot monkey as president for 8 years, the criminals who considered the clown any kind of credible world leader.

December 8, 2008 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  17. ED

TO Anthony: you must be one of those crazy right wing whacko's who still thinks bush is great and his utter failure as a president much like his father's is other people's fault right? The typical right wing whacko answer the media is at fault, and no else. I guess I should take blame for out trillion dollar war (so Far) that Bush started, or the billions he gave in tax cuts that were supposed to help our economy and never did in any time during his administration. While we are at it I should take blame (or the media) for the two recessions that have occurred during bush presidency, or his genius appointments to the supreme court, remember he tried to appoint a woman who was the head of some lottery game commission, yup all the media's fault and left wing conspiracy.

December 8, 2008 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  18. John Prock

I'd rather read between the lines of paint drying, than his POS book.

December 8, 2008 01:34 pm at 1:34 pm |
  19. Don of Iowa

Who wants to hear the whinings of a moronic loser like Rove who's only claim to fame is being the mastermind for the worst run and most criminally intensive administration in our country's history. This man should hide his face in shame and hope that the citizens of this country do not decide to bring charges of treason against him, Cheney and Bush and let all threeof them rot for the rest of thier lives in prison where they so rightly belong.

December 8, 2008 01:34 pm at 1:34 pm |
  20. BB

Hype to sell his book. Ain't falling for it. Don't care what he has to say.

December 8, 2008 01:35 pm at 1:35 pm |
  21. Michael K, Baltimore MD

I hope he spells my name correctly.

December 8, 2008 01:35 pm at 1:35 pm |
  22. Phil in KC

He sounds bitter.
    Quite frankly, it doesn't bother me that there were those who were unaccepting of Bush as president. I wasn't happy about it either.

December 8, 2008 01:35 pm at 1:35 pm |
  23. Friend14657

Are all of you so skewed by hatred that you can not see what you have become? None of you can name a simple instance where Mr. Rove has done anything unlawful. None of you can name a simple act that Mr. Rove did that has not been done by a previous adviser to a Democratic President or that has been done recently or will be done soon by our President-Elect. I suggest that you save your venom for an occasion where you are actually informed. It makes you more credible in your arguments. I, for one, can't wait to see how the same tactics are applied in the new administration that have been decried. It will be interesting to see what excuses are used and what the media and public will buy. I guess "politics as usual" really applies here. What is good for one, is not good for the other....

December 8, 2008 01:35 pm at 1:35 pm |
  24. Marvin

Just go away, already! We've all had enough of you. Oh, and I hope your publisher chokes on the books that none of us will buy from them!

December 8, 2008 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  25. Winton

Rove proved that with friends like him, Bush didn't need enemies. Rove's political tactics of fear and division probably did as much to hinder and destroy the presidency as did Bush's own inept performance.

December 8, 2008 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |