December 8th, 2008

Rove vows to 'name names'

Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.
Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.

(CNN) – Enemies of President Bush take heed: Karl Rove is set to name names.

The man widely credited with Bush's two presidential victories says his new book will include an accounting of those in Washington who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief.

"I've got behind-the-scenes episodes that are going to show how unreceiving they were of this man as president of the United States," Rove told Cox News in an interview published Sunday. "I'm going to name names and show examples."

Rove signed a deal with publishing giant Simon & Schuster last year, reported be worth over $1.5 million.

In the wide-ranging interview, Rove also suggested the criticisms the president and his aides took were partly because they were not part of the Washington establishment.

"You'll notice there was outrage when it was thought that I was the person behind outing Valerie Plame. And then when it came out that it was the sainted [Deputy Secretary of State] Richard Armitage, there was no interest," Rove said. "I don't remember seeing anybody camped out on his doorstep like they were camped out on mine. [It's]because he was part of the acceptable culture of Washington, and I was not. I was one of those Texans who came up. He was one of those perpetual I'll-scratch-your-back-if-you'll-scratch-mine Washington leakers. "

Filed under: Karl Rove
soundoff (1,676 Responses)
  1. Brian, Quad Cities

When this TRAITOR speaks CNN listens.

December 8, 2008 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  2. Hackrider

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Can you hear them, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA? We're tired of a bunch of losers whining because they made bad decisions that negatively impacted everyone on the planet. THAT IS WHY YOU ARE DISLIKED, you did a rotten job, suck it up, get over it.

December 8, 2008 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  3. dan

This is even more pathetic than watching the recent bush interviews about how none of our current problems are his fault. Hey Rove - you and non-presidential president almost destroyed this country - name whomever you want to...please add me to the list...I would consider it an honor

December 8, 2008 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  4. Sue

Sorry– meant to say "major news media."

December 8, 2008 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  5. John in Ohio

Is he taking requests for people who want the honor of having their names on his list? If I ticked off Bush, Rove, Cheney, and neoconservatives, I'd know I'm doing something right.

December 8, 2008 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  6. r sisk, nevada

It is going to take years to fix what this administration has done. I think most of us will congratulate those that did not accept this loser president and his corrupt administration, including Rove. (big brown-noser himself).

December 8, 2008 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  7. Tim

I think the book would be smaller – and definitely easier to read – if Rove simply listed people who really think Bush was anything but a puppet, and the worst puppet President in the history of the USA.

December 8, 2008 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  8. Virginia Gibbons

I belong to the group who never accepted Bush as the legitimate president of the U.S., because he never was.

December 8, 2008 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  9. Clarence

A lot of funny comments from the hateful libs. The hypocritical nature of the Democratic party never ceases to amaze me. Bush was villified from the moment he took office. I'm really excited for history to look kindly on GWB – it's going to really piss all of you off.

December 8, 2008 01:38 pm at 1:38 pm |
  10. lisa in tucson

The only name that needs outing...is.....drum roll.....
    Carl Rove. Good bye Carl Rove, hello Ethical, Smart, Government!

December 8, 2008 01:38 pm at 1:38 pm |
  11. Joel

Undermining a standing president of our nation is quite the heinous act, no matter how much one may disagree with him. Calling Karl Rove a "criminal" is silly and childish. Some of the folks in question, though, may very well be actual criminals.

December 8, 2008 01:38 pm at 1:38 pm |
  12. Don of Iowa

How can you accept someone as president when they stole the election and never won it? Am I the only one who sees how stupid Rove truly is? His only claim to fame is he knows no low too low to sink to for his agenda of hatred and lies, this man belongs in prison, not on bookshevles spreading more lies and hatred.

December 8, 2008 01:38 pm at 1:38 pm |
  13. walt

Wa-a-a W-a-a-a W-a-a-a. I'm gonna tell.

December 8, 2008 01:38 pm at 1:38 pm |
  14. Joan

If he names names, then we'll know who was never stupid enough to go along with the Bushies. Karl, you're a bone-head. Go away.

December 8, 2008 01:38 pm at 1:38 pm |
  15. Josh

Oh no not that!! How could we stand to hear that most of Washignton thought he was not fit to be a commander. Please just go back and clear some brush with your friend in Crawford. As a matter of fact what if we all chip in and match that advance with the provision that neither of you can leave Crawford for 10 years?

December 8, 2008 01:39 pm at 1:39 pm |
  16. Jack/ret.

These 'revelations' might prove amusing. Hopefuly this rat will squeal and prompt other rats to squeal even louder. Gee whiz, imagine someone 'not accepting' Bush jr. It gives me hope for the GOP that not all Republicans were fools and some saw Bubba for what he would become....the worse President in modern U.S. history.

December 8, 2008 01:39 pm at 1:39 pm |
  17. Chris

oooo. Name me. Name me! NAME ME!

December 8, 2008 01:39 pm at 1:39 pm |
  18. Matt

Ooooooo, go ahead, Karl, name names! Half the people in this country don't believe Bush was legitimately elected president. But, really, your comments are meant to do only two things: 1, sell your book (and I ain't buyin'), and 2, spin the last eight years in a feeble attempt to give Bush the legacy he couldn't have cared less about until the last couple of months.

December 8, 2008 01:39 pm at 1:39 pm |
  19. Amused

We're gonna need a bigger book.

December 8, 2008 01:40 pm at 1:40 pm |
  20. aer

Oh for Crying out LOUD! WHO CARES WHAT KARL ROVE HAS TO SAY! Get over yourself Mr. Rove and go back down to Texas where hopefully you'll never be heard from again!

Oh Bother............

December 8, 2008 01:40 pm at 1:40 pm |
  21. GiroGeezer, Calif.

**sigh**
    So much money to be made, so many simple infertile minds to be indoctrinated, so much influence to pander, and so little time.

Pity.

December 8, 2008 01:40 pm at 1:40 pm |
  22. Thomas

It might be more efficient to just make a list of the people who liked bush.

It would be a much shorter book!

December 8, 2008 01:40 pm at 1:40 pm |
  23. FreeNLovIt

Look, we need to stop this trash and move forward. Like I said before, we cant CHANGE the past, but let's CHANGE the future together. There's tons of problems, if we werent all so greedy, America will be an even better place to live... common sense healthcare, common sense innovations and productions.. so many brains, so little time..

December 8, 2008 01:40 pm at 1:40 pm |
  24. John

When will Karl Rove go away? This is getting pathetic; I almost feel sorry for the guy ...

December 8, 2008 01:40 pm at 1:40 pm |
  25. Doug-ABQ

Rove is such a whiny baby.

December 8, 2008 01:41 pm at 1:41 pm |