December 8th, 2008

Rove vows to 'name names'

Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.
Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.

(CNN) – Enemies of President Bush take heed: Karl Rove is set to name names.

"I've got behind-the-scenes episodes that are going to show how unreceiving they were of this man as president of the United States," Rove told Cox News in an interview published Sunday. "I'm going to name names and show examples."

Rove signed a deal with publishing giant Simon & Schuster last year, reported be worth over $1.5 million.

In the wide-ranging interview, Rove also suggested the criticisms the president and his aides took were partly because they were not part of the Washington establishment.

"You'll notice there was outrage when it was thought that I was the person behind outing Valerie Plame. And then when it came out that it was the sainted [Deputy Secretary of State] Richard Armitage, there was no interest," Rove said. "I don't remember seeing anybody camped out on his doorstep like they were camped out on mine. [It's]because he was part of the acceptable culture of Washington, and I was not. I was one of those Texans who came up. He was one of those perpetual I'll-scratch-your-back-if-you'll-scratch-mine Washington leakers. "

Filed under: Karl Rove
soundoff (1,676 Responses)
  1. Adam

who cares? Rove needs to just fade into history like the rest of the bush crew. I hope people only buy this book to burn it.

December 8, 2008 01:46 pm at 1:46 pm |
  2. Dave

Naming the names of people who didn't support Bush is supposed to be a *threat*? At this point, considering the damage that moron did while in office, naming names of people who didn't support Bush is a ringing endorsement! Please name my name, Karl, you'd make my stock go up!

December 8, 2008 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  3. Mike O

Poor Karl Rove – I guess we are supposed to feel sorry for him and for baby Bush whose own arrogance has cost this country untold billions of dollars and thousands of lives.

The more he talks the more of a trainwreck the whole thing becomes.....unfortunately people like watching trainwrecks......

December 8, 2008 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  4. Commodore

What a scumbag....GO AWAY!

December 8, 2008 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  5. Mi13

Karl Rove is a little shrimpy snit who never got over getting wedgies in the playground.

December 8, 2008 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  6. Susan, Nebraska

I can see most of the people here don't care about truth, just hate.

December 8, 2008 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  7. ran

I will get you started Rove, I am one of the ones that never accepted Bush as anything but a jerk along with you.

December 8, 2008 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  8. MJ from WA state

Ya know, i'll bet people will actually buy this book. Rove & Co. continue to rape and pillage our country with their spin and outright lies. Please Karl Rove! Go somewhere else! Your guy, little President Shrub, should crawl back into bed in Texas and stay there. God knows you both (along with Cheney, Rumsfeld and the lot) have done enough to just about kill everything honorable and admirable about this country. Let's just hope that there's enough of us left with the good, old-fashioned values of honesty, integrity and maturity to gather what's left and help save the U.S.A... Karl Rove, you are an Emperor with No Clothes! (figuratively speaking of course, lol)

December 8, 2008 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  9. Ben

Rove has a lot of nerve calling himself a victim. He is a despicable person who ruined many lives, and brought about the rise to power of the worst president in years. Just because he's in Bush's pay, and plays all sorts of loathsome tricks he thinks he can get away with his crimes, and now he's being payed to do a book. I guess it goes to show people will read anything, even if it is a crock of blarney. Karl Rove is a criminal and should be in jail for a long list of crimes against the constitution!

December 8, 2008 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  10. Godluvr

Mr. Rove;
    Please slide off into the sunset, your (political) day has ended!

December 8, 2008 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  11. NY Republican

Hank – this man is "not in prison" because he has not been convicted of crime. In the US one MUST be convicted IN A COURT OF LAW (not just in liberals minds) to be sentenced to prison. Not thinking like a liberal Democrat is NOT (yet) a crime. If you have EVIDENCE against him, or anyone else for that matter, please step forward to present to the proper authorities.

December 8, 2008 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  12. Kathy

and I'm one of millions that never accepted him either ...and??? please, I wouldn't give a penny towards this book.

December 8, 2008 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  13. mick janson

Who cares?

December 8, 2008 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  14. Lou in Indian Springs

What a surprise to hear from a few idiots who still believe Bush & Rove after 8 years of lies, deceit and trashing the USA. What makes Rove think anyone but the most die hard FOOL would buy his book. This low life , cowardly , uneducated snake pulled his dirty tricks to help the most moronic man gain the White House and trample our constitution in many ways, made the USA a laughing stock of the world, hated by our enemies and friends and now he is gonna "name names". WOW!! I bet there are many in Washington trembling at the thought of that. Rove has just proven to me that he is a bigger idiot than I ever thought he was. Any publisher who would pay Rove $1.5 million for his book is dumber than I thought a publisher could be. They won't even touch a book by Bush because he is so unpopular , so why Rove !! I sure hope to hear my name is in the book !! He was NEVER my President.

December 8, 2008 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  15. Frank

My guess is that those who will be named by Rove will take it as a badge of honor, not as something to fear.

December 8, 2008 01:50 pm at 1:50 pm |
  16. Bill

"The man widely credited with Bush's two presidential victories says his new book will include an accounting of those in Washington who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief."

I am not in Washington but I would be honored to have my name added to the list.
    Bush was NEVER my President!

December 8, 2008 01:50 pm at 1:50 pm |
  17. kelly thompson, staten island, ny

why can't this little man go away?

December 8, 2008 01:50 pm at 1:50 pm |
  18. HopeforAmerica

Great! Go ahead, name them. They will be my heroes!

December 8, 2008 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  19. Smarter than That

Don't anyone buy his book. He's building up for nothing. He won't tell anything. We already know about all the rats including Rove the biggest one. Pitiful. Just go away and stay away. I have an idea. Why don't you go to Iraq.

December 8, 2008 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  20. Reality Check richmond virginia

if a tree falls in the woods............

December 8, 2008 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  21. Mitch M

So Rove names names... right-on! We find out who the true patriots are. Anyone NOT critical of these guys are the bad guys.

December 8, 2008 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  22. Sam L - Washington, DC

News flash Rovie, something like 1/2 the Americans out there never thought Bush was legitimately elected...

Oh, also, did anyone tell you? YOU DON'T MATTER ANYMORE!!!

December 8, 2008 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  23. Iowa Chop

Who was in-charge of this country for 8 years Mister Rove?

December 8, 2008 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  24. Frank

Those named by Rove will not be offended, they will wear it as a badge of honor

December 8, 2008 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |
  25. Jaime in Florida

Sounds like Karl Rove may ask the Pope to name him a Saint.

December 8, 2008 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |