December 8th, 2008

Rove vows to 'name names'

Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.
Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.

(CNN) – Enemies of President Bush take heed: Karl Rove is set to name names.

The man widely credited with Bush's two presidential victories says his new book will include an accounting of those in Washington who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief.

"I've got behind-the-scenes episodes that are going to show how unreceiving they were of this man as president of the United States," Rove told Cox News in an interview published Sunday. "I'm going to name names and show examples."

Rove signed a deal with publishing giant Simon & Schuster last year, reported be worth over $1.5 million.

In the wide-ranging interview, Rove also suggested the criticisms the president and his aides took were partly because they were not part of the Washington establishment.

"You'll notice there was outrage when it was thought that I was the person behind outing Valerie Plame. And then when it came out that it was the sainted [Deputy Secretary of State] Richard Armitage, there was no interest," Rove said. "I don't remember seeing anybody camped out on his doorstep like they were camped out on mine. [It's]because he was part of the acceptable culture of Washington, and I was not. I was one of those Texans who came up. He was one of those perpetual I'll-scratch-your-back-if-you'll-scratch-mine Washington leakers. "

Filed under: Karl Rove
soundoff (1,676 Responses)
  1. mono

Please stop giving this has-been coverage! Also, he and his "good-ol-boys" had their own agenda; and it wasnt for the betterment of "we the people"!

December 8, 2008 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  2. Jim Hiscott

What is this? High school? Or, more like Junior High. Let it go, Karl. That's life. We all yearn to be with the in-crowd. Yet, were in the position of power and wielded it as an advisor of the President. Can't be more 'in' than that. Time to move on to the next stage instead of foaming at the mouth like only radical Republicans can do. You'll just come across as a bitter man. No wonder I left the party after 30 years. Nasty people.

December 8, 2008 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  3. C.T.

Anthony my boy, there has been a republican congress for the past eight yrs. It's the norm to blame the previous admin. noticeably you chose to leave Katrina out of the faults. Put your vices away for a minute and describe why it takes longer to respond to america than bangledesh? Supposition is a guess, Katrina is for real.

December 8, 2008 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  4. JA in NC

Name 'em, Jethro! It'll be a list of people who were wiser than the rest of the polls in DC. Thank you, sir. It'll be a short list of who to vote for in the future!

In the words of your ex-boss, Oh-He-Who-We-Should-Revere, "Bring it on!"

Moron.

December 8, 2008 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  5. DGee

Surprise, surprise, surprise..............This Little Piggie's gonna squeal.

December 8, 2008 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  6. bsmith171

well, do it.

let's have bush leave now and take chris dodd and barney frank with him.

close down FANNIE MAE.

December 8, 2008 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  7. Alan Fisher

It's no wonder that there are many who never accepted George Bush as a legitimate President – I have certainly been one of them. My reason: quite simple. His first election was stolen – He received fewer votes – and the final count in Florida was stopped by the Supreme Court.

December 8, 2008 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  8. EDDIE

What planet is this guy from? Is he for real? I wonder if his name will be coming out of his mouth.

December 8, 2008 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  9. J

Message to Rove's publisher:

Reconsider your book offer. Nobody cares what he has to say, and it's doubtful you'd make any money on a book written by a man who will say anything for a $.

December 8, 2008 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  10. jd

I've been hoping that indictments were being held until AFTER bush leaves – and can no longer pardon his cronies.
    Ah, wishful thinking. Likely no one will be held to account for their crimes while leading this country off a cliff. But I'd love to see rove given plenty of time to write, in the comfort of a dank cell... along with all his other conspirators.

December 8, 2008 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  11. Campbell

Its amazing to me that the majority of the current Republican Party resorts to such blatant politicization and even more amazing is the way that they try and act like its everyone else in Washington who is screwing us over. To me, these kinds of people are the worst of the worst, the do as I say, not as I do.

I just wish that the party that is supposedly for smaller government, lower taxes, and more transparent government, with less of an emphasis on Washington politics and is for the working man would take a look at themselves and see how far away from their message they really are. Until then, I will grudgingly remain a Dem.

December 8, 2008 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  12. Cheese and Whine

This book would be interesting if he had any credibility. Even if he tells the truth on this one...sorry...the only way I'm reading anything you write is if it is on a bathroom stall.

December 8, 2008 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  13. Debra in CA

You can add me to the list people who believe that Bush was not qualified to be president! Why doesn't Rove 'retire' in Dallas with Bush so we can get past this terrible time in our Country!
    Anyone who did not accept the Bush presidency is my hero!

December 8, 2008 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  14. Pat

Who cares!!!

December 8, 2008 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  15. Kathy from NC

Only 43 more days till I have a President again. Add me to your list of those who hope georgie boy is hounded out of office. I want to see a TV shot of them scouring the oval office on Jan 20, 2009.

December 8, 2008 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  16. Kris

Dear Karl,

Please add my name to your list too. I never thought he was legitimate either.

Love ya twinkles,
    Kris

December 8, 2008 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  17. garry

And I suppose we are supposed to care?? Rove get a life, NO-ONE cares about this, just another attempt to keep your name out there and make a few bucks, and I hope it is only a few bucks you make off this.
    So, the idiot from Texas wasn't recieved well in Washington? Hell, he wasn't recieved well anywhere I can think of...unless you count the morons who voted for him twice!
    Good riddence to BOTH of you!!

December 8, 2008 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  18. John in Arizona

If Karl Rove is going to name the names of those who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief his book will contain th names of roughly 75-percent of the American population.

December 8, 2008 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  19. Lyndon from CA

Yawn!

December 8, 2008 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  20. John Hurd

It's like Palin....you just get tired and wonder why some of these people don't just shut up and go away....I mean, Karl Rove! what a hoot! (S.P. talk)

December 8, 2008 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  21. bgh

Oh it is going to be a great thriller that book – a desperate attempt to re-write history.

December 8, 2008 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  22. Bob Pacific Grove, Ca

Gee Karl, you had 8 years in Washington to try and "change" the culture there. But, like everything else you attempted to do, you failed....And what ever happened to that "permanent republican majority" you were bragging about a few years ago?......The only time I want to hear your name mentioned again is when you are indicted, stand trial, and incarcerated.......in that order.....

December 8, 2008 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  23. FD

Do you think they will let us have Rove and Bush's (new) home address? I really really really want to send them a .... nasty letter.

December 8, 2008 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  24. Denise

Guess what - all of the people who voted for Al Gore and John Kerry never accepted him as a legitimate President, myself included. And, his failure at every aspect of the job confirms it.

When your campaign leads and brother are in positions to determine the outcome of an election and The Supreme Court selects the President, YOU DON'T HAVE A MANDATE despite your best attempt at a speech. Go back into your cave Karl.

December 8, 2008 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  25. Jon

Rove owes the American people the truth. For FREE.

December 8, 2008 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |