December 8th, 2008

Rove vows to 'name names'

Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.
Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.

(CNN) – Enemies of President Bush take heed: Karl Rove is set to name names.

The man widely credited with Bush's two presidential victories says his new book will include an accounting of those in Washington who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief.

"I've got behind-the-scenes episodes that are going to show how unreceiving they were of this man as president of the United States," Rove told Cox News in an interview published Sunday. "I'm going to name names and show examples."

Rove signed a deal with publishing giant Simon & Schuster last year, reported be worth over $1.5 million.

In the wide-ranging interview, Rove also suggested the criticisms the president and his aides took were partly because they were not part of the Washington establishment.

"You'll notice there was outrage when it was thought that I was the person behind outing Valerie Plame. And then when it came out that it was the sainted [Deputy Secretary of State] Richard Armitage, there was no interest," Rove said. "I don't remember seeing anybody camped out on his doorstep like they were camped out on mine. [It's]because he was part of the acceptable culture of Washington, and I was not. I was one of those Texans who came up. He was one of those perpetual I'll-scratch-your-back-if-you'll-scratch-mine Washington leakers. "

Filed under: Karl Rove
soundoff (1,676 Responses)
  1. Melissa, Portland, OR

Mr. Rove, was your mom not nice to you? Learn to let go. It will be okay. We promise.

December 8, 2008 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  2. Patriot

Why isn't this man in prison?

December 8, 2008 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  3. Joyce

Those that will be named in that book will be considered heroes for seeing Bush for what he really he is/was – not the President, should not have been the President.

So go ahead Rove, name names.

December 8, 2008 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  4. Jeff

I hate all liberals. False Utopia begins Jan. 20

December 8, 2008 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  5. Michelle, PA

The place I'd like to hear Karl Rove name names is under oath, in Congress, testifying under subpoena. Anything else as far as I'm concerned is just more lies from a man who has proven he is wiiling to lie, lie, lie some more and keep on lying to gain and keep power. I can get horse dumplings free at the farm down the road, why would I pay good money for it?

December 8, 2008 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  6. MayaLeica

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would be nostalgic for the Nixon-Agnew-Haldeman cabal. And yet... What can one say... It turns out plenty... At least

Nixon, unlike Bush, had a brain
    Agnew, unlike Cheney, was sometimes funny
    Haldemann, unlike Rove, spent time in prison... oh wait, the jury is still out on that one.

Ok, so I'm not really so nostalgic for Tricky Dick and his band of pirates. At least when they did stuff it didn't practically bring down the entire country.

Rove reminds me of the Lord High Executioner in The MIkado... "As someday it may happen that a victim must be found, I've got a little list". Please Karl, put me on your list.

Is it January 20 yet?

December 8, 2008 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  7. alma

oh my Karl must be broke!!! and needs money, So why not write a book,so people with his mentality can buy it and make him some money. i am laughing out loud.

December 8, 2008 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  8. Rinaade

Why does he feel like he needs to explain himself? The damage has already been on his watch. Sending our troopers to die for an unjust war. He can go to hell for all I care. He needs to go back to Texas(The good old boys club) and stay away from the media. We donot need to deal with a bald old fart.

December 8, 2008 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  9. Jim in San Jose

So the Emporer's tailor is going to name names? We've already (not) seen his handiwork. When all you say is lies, why would this be anything new or remotely interesting.

December 8, 2008 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  10. Mike

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz huh? who? wha? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

December 8, 2008 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  11. Patriot

Why isn't this man in prison?

December 8, 2008 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  12. Geoffrey

yawn...
    Karl: no one cares about you anymore. Go slither back under your rock.

December 8, 2008 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  13. Jim Simmons

Wah.......Wah.......Wah..........$1.5 for a political tabloid........."all the way home......."

December 8, 2008 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  14. Allen

If I wanted whining, I'd visit a preschool.

December 8, 2008 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  15. Lee Garrett, Overland Park, Ks.

Who wants to read a book about Karl Rove whinning??? What does he think happened to Bill and HIllary Clinton when they came up from Arkansas?? What a big baby!!!!! GO BACK TO TEXAS ALREADY!!

December 8, 2008 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  16. NotNowMookie

Boycott Simon and Schuster. The print industry is already in dire straights. Before you buy a book check the publisher. If it is Simon and Sheister then put it back on the shelf. We must make it clear that Rove and ANYONE from the Bush camp is too risky for publishers to publish.

December 8, 2008 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  17. Cid

Karl...go ahead and write your book(yawn) afteall you have nothing better to do right? Well maybe you have something "bitter" to do so here's a suggestion for a title: Snakeoil! The True Elixir!

The American public was so deliberately deceived about so much such as WMD but in truth there were WMD...three of them....yes three of them and they are George Bush...Dick Chaney....and Karl Rove.

The publishing companies I am sure are foaming at the mouth over this one; in fact maybe there will be a bidding war over this one which in turn may make YOU foam at the mouth! Maybe the Inquier will win so go ahead and write your book, name names and let the public know who had the backbone to voice to speak up again YOUR atrocities.

December 8, 2008 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  18. elsie

How out of touch with reality can he be? People are going to be PRAYING their names show up in that list to build their credibility. If Rove really wants to damage people, he should insinuate that they DID accept Bush.

December 8, 2008 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  19. Ro

As a Texan, I can't wait for January 20th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bush and his cronies like Rovie, truly give Texans a bad name!

December 8, 2008 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  20. ceci

Pathetic. Rove has a pathological need to inject himself into the public sphere, probably because he's incapable of earning money at any legitimate pursuit.

December 8, 2008 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  21. tommy potatoes

Hey Karl... You can add my name to that list, too...

December 8, 2008 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  22. Bill Charlotte,NC

Go away Rove and take your book and shove it! No one gives a crap! Leave a.s.a.p. and take Bush with you. Just go away!

December 8, 2008 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  23. AEK

Unbelievable! And then not so much!

December 8, 2008 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  24. Marcy

Well I guess my name is in Karl Rove's book because I never accepted Bush him as President either.....

December 8, 2008 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  25. Gail S

To all of you Bush haters...what goes around comes around. Exactly how do you think we feel about Obama?

Of course, we conservatives have better manners than you do...but it will be interesting. Obama is already caving and has yet to appoint any particularly liberal people to top positions.

It is going to be Bush III if Obama doesn't want to preside over the demise of the U.S., though it is possible that is exactly why he ran. It was certainly his platform.

Regards,