December 8th, 2008

Rove vows to 'name names'

Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.
Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.

(CNN) – Enemies of President Bush take heed: Karl Rove is set to name names.

The man widely credited with Bush's two presidential victories says his new book will include an accounting of those in Washington who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief.

"I've got behind-the-scenes episodes that are going to show how unreceiving they were of this man as president of the United States," Rove told Cox News in an interview published Sunday. "I'm going to name names and show examples."

Rove signed a deal with publishing giant Simon & Schuster last year, reported be worth over $1.5 million.

In the wide-ranging interview, Rove also suggested the criticisms the president and his aides took were partly because they were not part of the Washington establishment.

"You'll notice there was outrage when it was thought that I was the person behind outing Valerie Plame. And then when it came out that it was the sainted [Deputy Secretary of State] Richard Armitage, there was no interest," Rove said. "I don't remember seeing anybody camped out on his doorstep like they were camped out on mine. [It's]because he was part of the acceptable culture of Washington, and I was not. I was one of those Texans who came up. He was one of those perpetual I'll-scratch-your-back-if-you'll-scratch-mine Washington leakers. "

Filed under: Karl Rove
soundoff (1,676 Responses)
  1. Glen,

So many ignorant people gathered on Obama News Network, like moths drawn to a flame. It has been proved that Barack supporters are so ignorant because they are informed by networks like ONN. They do not have the intellectual honesty to inform themselves of other views.

It is so easy to blame Bush but hey why think when you can blame. To those intellectual giants who moan about the economy – who was supposed to keep an eye on Freddie Mac and Fannie May – Democrats. Who put pressure on these organisations to provide loans to people who couldn't afford it – Democrats. Who laid the seeds of this mess – Carter the bright one. Yes the Republicans and Bush made big mistakes. I certainly won't defend that but Pelosi and Reid are as much to blame for inadequate leadership in support of the people of the US instead of pushing their own power agendas for Democratic power.

Although THE ONE has come he has not made you all perfect yet

December 8, 2008 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  2. jonathan Pride

Karl Rove claims people discriminated against Mr. Bush because he and his aides were Washington outsiders?! Rumsfeld, Cheney, Powell, etc? What is he going to blame the Bush Administration's critics for? Being right all along? Mr. Rove needs to come to grips with the disastrous results his and Mr. Bush's presences have wrought upon our country and the world. We all applaud all of those who he names as individuals with good character judgement and foresight.

December 8, 2008 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  3. Connie

Maybe when Bush said "you're either with me or against me" that intelligent Americans – who could think for themselves started believing that this man wasn't the best Commander In Chief. Didn't Bush have an approval rating of over 90% after 9/11? What happened to that?

December 8, 2008 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  4. Jen - TX

Wonder if Valerie Plame will be one of those names...

December 8, 2008 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  5. marla from Florida

Who cares who Karl Rove names. Bush and Company (including Rove) are the biggest bunch of criminal minded slime. They and their bed partners need to be facing prosecution for all the things they did to this country to benefit themselves and their good ol' boy network. Bush was one of the most illegitimate presidents in our history and judging by the mess this country is in under their watch, he is also one of the worst. I cannot wait til they leave Washington. I just wish we did not have to pay the incompetant and pathetically dishonest Bush for the rest of his life for historically running this country into a toliet while he was asleep at the wheel.

December 8, 2008 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  6. colo120dmb

jimz - President Bush did not win the popular vote = True. Number of people who think the election was not run correctly and thus not legitimate = TBD. It will be interesting to see how many people are acused and proven to have dissented from following President Bush because they think the election was not legit.

December 8, 2008 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  7. Ron

I would think that most intelligent politicians (maybe that's a contradiction in terms) would be happy to be on Mr. Rove's list. They would join the millions of Americans who feel the same way about the Cheney presidency.

December 8, 2008 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  8. Bubba

I'll wait and download it for free. I bet those names are gonna be "meanie, poopie-pants, turd-blossom," and "stinker." You betcha, wink wink!

December 8, 2008 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  9. R Scott

Just reading through these blog responses makes you wonder if any of the Bush hate squad will ever move on. Whether there is a Republican or Democrat in office, does anyone really question that there is a Washington bureacracy that sees itself as the ruling force. Obama take note. They may say one day that Obama, is the new Bush.

December 8, 2008 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  10. chris

COX NEWS!!! that's hilarious and i am sure a typo but funny none the less

December 8, 2008 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  11. deborah, WV

What a disaster Carl Rove is - as well as the whole Bush gang.

He won't see one dollar of my money, I don't care how much he trys to play up his book!!!!!

Their day is over!!!!!

December 8, 2008 03:09 pm at 3:09 pm |
  12. deb in Colo

Don't read this book – you'll just buy into the $1.5M deal. If people didn't buy this cr@p – editors wouldn't make deals with criminals.

December 8, 2008 03:09 pm at 3:09 pm |
  13. Brad

Glad to read these comments. Shows how open minded all of my Democratic friends are to others ideas. Nice.

December 8, 2008 03:10 pm at 3:10 pm |
  14. Dr. Rush

When will I tune into the CNN ticker and not have to see this Egghead?

FINALLY.

December 8, 2008 03:10 pm at 3:10 pm |
  15. Barbara

Rove, "the architect" of the biggest disaster (Bush) to happen to this great nation, should retire quietly and be pleased if he and his co-horts are not tried for war crimes.

December 8, 2008 03:10 pm at 3:10 pm |
  16. Jason, Los Angeles

Well, I never accepted him as my president. Name my name, Karl. I'm Jason. Nice to meet ya.

December 8, 2008 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  17. tanzania

i am getting tired of this WACKO he need to go back to Texas where all crooks belong!!! BUSH will be there next month on the 20th.

December 8, 2008 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  18. Karin

He can add my name to this list as well. Karin B. or Portland, OR. I'm sure he already knows who I am!!!!

December 8, 2008 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  19. David

My..he's going to name names of people that didn't support the president with the WORST job approval in history INCLUDING Nixon? Shocking to think there were people that didn't blindly follow lockstep like Toadie here.

Why would people care to buy a book like this? I think Simon & Schuster are going to be out 1.5 million or so when and if it get published. I think it'd be about as exciting to read as wtaching paint dry is fyn.

December 8, 2008 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  20. andie pie

Rove, why don't you go swift boat yourself?

December 8, 2008 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  21. Anonymous

Maybe some people were hesitant to support Bush because he stole one and maybe both elections (with a great deal of help from Karl). There is nothing like listening to self-righteous whining from someone whose hands are as dirty as Karl's.

December 8, 2008 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  22. cj

So what he is saying is that he will be writing the next telephone directory - Aren't those free?? Give me a break!

December 8, 2008 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  23. upnorth

Just wait until OBAMA gets going with all his good old Chicago mob and gangster friends and his MIL living on OUR dime in the white house.
    Give you a hint people Chicago and Detroit are closely related...

December 8, 2008 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  24. T of M

Slime away, Karl.

December 8, 2008 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  25. JOE BLOGGS

Rats! The headline made me think he was finally going to come clean about the corruption he perpetrated under Bush. What a slimebag! He still has the nerve to claim he didn't out Valerie Plame. Just as OJ finally met his karma, there is a special place in some dungeon somewhere waiting for this shyster!

December 8, 2008 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |