December 8th, 2008

Rove vows to 'name names'

Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.
Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.

(CNN) – Enemies of President Bush take heed: Karl Rove is set to name names.

The man widely credited with Bush's two presidential victories says his new book will include an accounting of those in Washington who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief.

"I've got behind-the-scenes episodes that are going to show how unreceiving they were of this man as president of the United States," Rove told Cox News in an interview published Sunday. "I'm going to name names and show examples."

Rove signed a deal with publishing giant Simon & Schuster last year, reported be worth over $1.5 million.

In the wide-ranging interview, Rove also suggested the criticisms the president and his aides took were partly because they were not part of the Washington establishment.

"You'll notice there was outrage when it was thought that I was the person behind outing Valerie Plame. And then when it came out that it was the sainted [Deputy Secretary of State] Richard Armitage, there was no interest," Rove said. "I don't remember seeing anybody camped out on his doorstep like they were camped out on mine. [It's]because he was part of the acceptable culture of Washington, and I was not. I was one of those Texans who came up. He was one of those perpetual I'll-scratch-your-back-if-you'll-scratch-mine Washington leakers. "

Filed under: Karl Rove
soundoff (1,676 Responses)
  1. Independent

I am amazed at the ugliness of most of these comments. First of all most of you do not have all the information regarding Bush's election and what happened, second, history may look at President Bush quite differently than most of you. Unfortunately, with most of our media the truth does not get out and if you rely on media only you have a real problem. Having spent time in different parts of the world, believe me you have know idea what goes on. The American people are naive and I'm afraid they are going to find out the hard what really goes on in our world. I just hope by then it is not too late. Being President of this country in these times is not an easy task – so give our Presidents a break please and that includes President-elect Obama. God have mercy!

December 8, 2008 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  2. Dave Sweney

Any Idea what the title of the new book will be? May I suggest – "The Smartest people in the World."

December 8, 2008 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  3. Mickie

Oh, BOO HOO HOO – they wouldn't play with him - what a crybaby! Crawl back under your rock!

December 8, 2008 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  4. Matt

The rationalizations of a closeted self-loather who transfers his self-loathing to the American public, blaming us for his own feelings of inadequacy and shame. What's-a-matta Rovey-poo...upset that you never had the charisma to be a king, just a king-maker? Fact is Rovey-poo, we have good reason to hate you and wish for your name to be considered a smear of crap on the pages of history. If you'd only go away...

December 8, 2008 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  5. Mickie

By the way, I hope Simon & Shuster lose big time on your book!

December 8, 2008 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  6. Bobby G.

An Honor Roll to be sure. I am sure that they are true Americans all (unlike those that supported the illegal Bush junta).

WE HAVE OUR COUNTRY BACK!!!!!!

THE REPUBLIC IS REESTABLISHED!!!!!

December 8, 2008 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  7. Sam Sixpack

Don't forget: on these comment threads, every day is cnn left-wing propaganda day!

December 8, 2008 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  8. Mark

Who cares what Carl Rove thinks anymore. It is the past. Have you not heard Mr. Rove, the rest of us are moving forward.

December 8, 2008 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  9. Jim

Add me to the list. When you steal the election with complicity from the Supreme Court, your brother and a corrupt Sec. of State (Fla), then appoint the people who helped you. Then run the country like it is some Texas backwater county appointing your friends -Gonzo, Brownie – then what do you expect.

In the end, who really did accept him as the President or CIC?

December 8, 2008 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  10. Larry C. in Texas

let's face it, Rove should be in JAIL, period.....
    The only place he could get a job is FOX,
    the same as for Heraldo....their both people
    who broke the LAW....

Larry in
    Houston

December 8, 2008 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  11. I will read it.

Shame on all of you who leave comments full of hate. This is the party of tolerance? I think not.

December 8, 2008 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  12. mw

WHO IS THAT PLAYING THE VIOLIN????????
    JUST PUBLISH A LIST OF NON BUSH YES MEN, THEN WE WON'T HAVE TO BUY THE BOOK.

December 8, 2008 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  13. Brook E. Mantia

Remind me to never buy anything published by Simon & Schuster ever again. What a waste of $1.5Million.

December 8, 2008 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  14. Greg Hodges

The chickens have come home to roost Rove. All your revisionist history will not obscure 8 years of failure.As the so-called "brains" that put Bush in the White House; you are staring at real historians putting you in the loser side of Presidential politics. It is obviously not sitting too well. GOOD RIDDANCE!!

December 8, 2008 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  15. Darrell Burks

Go back to Texas and shut up.

December 8, 2008 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  16. Jose in Dallas

Dear Karl,

In the words of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Know your role and SHUT YOUR MOUTH.

Bush is nothing but a "has been, never gonna be, wanna be, fruit cake, pansy @$$ loser." You and Bush swindled the Presidency and never earned it. I hope some how, someway, the Obama Administration finds a way to lock you and your puppet president away for LIFE!

You can also add my name to the list of people that will never accept Bush as a real "president." You can also add the 69,394,675 Americans who voted against McCain as those against the Emperor Bush and Darth Chaney. The Rebel Alliance has won and you've been dethroned DEAL WITH IT.

Sincerely,

We the People of the United States of America.

December 8, 2008 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  17. Kimberly

Is this piece of crap still getting his 15 minutes??? No one took bush serious because he destroyed this country and should be in JAIL! Rove should be there too! This is a shame that this man profit from his crimes! What A SCUM!!!!! PLUS who cares what rove says, he is a joke and his 15 minutes ended long ago

December 8, 2008 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  18. Glenn

Add my name to the list! Sounds just like the Marxist-Republican thing to do!

December 8, 2008 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  19. Happy

221 comments and only every other line mentions how Bush "stole" the election, even though every nonbiased recount declared him the winner and the Supreme Court backed the process. Nice try, again and again and again...

December 8, 2008 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  20. canadian pov

That's because we all know Rove was the puppet master pulling the strings. I get so sad when I reflect on the mess that his gang has wreaked upon this world and they got away with it because their boy Bush was such an intellectually shallow man who was blinded by his own ambition.

December 8, 2008 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  21. jim

Karl, people don't hate you because you are a Washington outsider. They hate you because you are a fat, ugly, foul stinking maggot born of satan's steamy stool sample and that you orchestrated the campaigns of the WORST president in United States history. Because of you, our sacred document, the Constitution of the United States of America, has been torn up, stepped on, and used to wide "Dubya's" rear end. Shame on you for placing our nation at such risk. I pray that President Obama can 'preserve and protect the constitution' in the way a president promises to.

December 8, 2008 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  22. Pat in NY

Ugh! To think I'll have to see that porcine face advertised all over is making me ill. It's time to show your patriotic colors by not buying any book this year that Simon and Schuster publishes – especially not this one.

December 8, 2008 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  23. MELISSA

Go get'em Karl!! Why doesn't it surprise me that the majority of the comments here on the CNN website are anti-bush??

December 8, 2008 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  24. gordo

People in Washington not accepting Bush as a legitiment president only gives me a better opinion of them. Bush didn't win for sure in 2000 and he had a questionable victory in 2004, he's not a legitiment president. Seriously, Carl Rove, you've lost any level of legitimency you've ever had yourself. What a rediculuos joke that guy is! Go away Carl Rove. We hate you.

December 8, 2008 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  25. Carolyn in Memphis Tennessee

I buy a lot of books from my local library sales if they sound interesting enough. Instead of spending $29.99 on his gobbledygook, just wait a little while and you can get it for a dollar or two. I for one would like to hear what he has to say on the cheap.

December 8, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |