December 8th, 2008

Rove vows to 'name names'

Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.
Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.

(CNN) – Enemies of President Bush take heed: Karl Rove is set to name names.

The man widely credited with Bush's two presidential victories says his new book will include an accounting of those in Washington who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief.

"I've got behind-the-scenes episodes that are going to show how unreceiving they were of this man as president of the United States," Rove told Cox News in an interview published Sunday. "I'm going to name names and show examples."

Rove signed a deal with publishing giant Simon & Schuster last year, reported be worth over $1.5 million.

In the wide-ranging interview, Rove also suggested the criticisms the president and his aides took were partly because they were not part of the Washington establishment.

"You'll notice there was outrage when it was thought that I was the person behind outing Valerie Plame. And then when it came out that it was the sainted [Deputy Secretary of State] Richard Armitage, there was no interest," Rove said. "I don't remember seeing anybody camped out on his doorstep like they were camped out on mine. [It's]because he was part of the acceptable culture of Washington, and I was not. I was one of those Texans who came up. He was one of those perpetual I'll-scratch-your-back-if-you'll-scratch-mine Washington leakers. "

Filed under: Karl Rove
soundoff (1,676 Responses)
  1. lynd devine

I think all the time of the thousands of severly wounded young mem and woman who are crpppled for life because of this so called commander in chief and his war mentality. Both Bush and Rowe should be tried for war crimes.

December 8, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  2. EG

Wow!! Karl wants to name names??? What about when he's is ASKED to name names about the illegal things the administration he supports has done. Guess What KARL! The American people Gottcha! Your number is up, I just wonder about Simon and Schuster or is it really sellem ya sheister? Why would anyone want to propagate MORE of this lying crap. Haven't they seen Bush's polls? The people have had enough!!! Why not let the investigations ensue first...then see what kind of book would get written.

December 8, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  3. proudliberal

rove has more enemies than bush ,in this country. put me on ur stoopid list,too,karl.

December 8, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  4. mk

Of course there were people who didn't consider Bush a president.
    He WASN'T. Cheny and Rove were in charge.
    Bush was and is a pawn.

December 8, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  5. Rocky

As if!.....who cares and why should we be even remotely interested in what this guy writes. Seems to me the guys he would hame are EXTREMELY smart.

December 8, 2008 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  6. jj

Fool us once, Shame on you..
    Won't get fooled again..nothing this whack job says means anything..

December 8, 2008 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  7. Barbara Middletown, NY

Just like Palin–Rove needs t o go away. However, he should feel free to add my name to the list of people that never accepted W as the legitimate commander-in-chief. I felt that way since the first Florida "fix".

December 8, 2008 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  8. Joe

oh no! Rove the evil one is going to name people who were mean to poor little Georgie!

Wake up Karl–people don't dislike you because you are not part of the Washington establishment. Putting aside the fact that you are, or became, part of the Washington establishment, the reason people don't like you is that you are the epitome of Machiavellian, win at all costs, dirty and corrupt politics.

December 8, 2008 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  9. Concerned

I am a libertarian who used to (before GW Bush) always vote republican. That man (Rove) & his neocon cronies have been so busy pandering to the God-Squad religious groups they've strayed wildly from traditional republican principles (e.g. strong states' rights, small central govt, fiscal conservatism), & I'm not sure if when (if ever) I'll go back to the GOP.

December 8, 2008 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  10. Bill, NJ

Sounds like the vow "to name names" is just this low-life snake rattling his tail as if to say, "stop investigating me or I'll take you down with me".

December 8, 2008 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  11. Joe

Karl, the reason the press and the public wanted to see you deep-fried in your own body fat has nothing to do with your being a Washington outsider. It has everything to do with the Lee Atwater/Genghis Khan, scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners, slaughter-the-women-and-children, burn-their-homes-and-their-food-supplies style of campaigning and politics that you practice. If you sow hatred in your actions toward others, you are bound to receive it back in their treatment toward you. You are simply a victim of your own ignorance. That said, I genuinely hope that you have a change of heart and mind that will help you treat others with dignity and help you endure the life that you have established for yourself. Good luck.

December 8, 2008 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  12. Steve

How fitting. Karl Rove wants to name names, but he does not want to name himself in the Valerie Plum CIA leaked information that he was tied to. Yes, what a believable book this will be. What I want to know is how is Karl Rove not in prison? Scooter Libby takes the hit, gets excused from serving time, Cheeny walks away, Rove walks away, and all is well. Now, he wants to name names!!!!! They should throw this guys in GITMO just before it closes and forget about him. That could be the best treatment for him.

I find it stunning that a criminal like Rove can now write a tell all book and make money on it. What a joke an mockery he is making of the general public. What if Bush really was not the elected Commander in Chief, then why not treat him like one who is a thief?

December 8, 2008 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  13. Genghis Kangas

What a guy. Waits until the party is over then calls the cops on his drunk friends.
    So Rove is going to list the peole that didn't take the Bush seroius as president. That is a lot of names. Hell why doesn't he just place the 2008 census list down. Jeez.

This guy is pathetic. You look up loser in the dictionary and they show his pastey face!

December 8, 2008 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  14. Carrie

Go away Karl Rove, and take W home with you. We are done. You both are responsible for the suffering of millions of people around the globe. Go home and think about that.

December 8, 2008 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  15. PKing

What a waste of space. Look, you Dork- NO ONE CARES- get it? America does not give a flaming fig about you, your "boss" or the entire corrupt administration you worked SO WELL with. Go home. Maybe you & Georgie can have some sleep-overs & set things right. Just remember one thing- America is though with you.

December 8, 2008 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  16. Leo

To R Scott: "Just reading through these blog responses makes you wonder if any of the Bush hate squad will ever move on."

Sure. Say that to the parents of a son or daughter who lost their life or were maimed in Iraq or Afghanistan.

AH.

December 8, 2008 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  17. change in America

I dont trust no republicans of alot them should be in jail.....I wondering why Obama have to come in fix all of the republicans mess...
    The true is going to come out in the open how some of the crooks mess our country up.

December 8, 2008 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  18. Red, Red WHINE!!

Jim in Fllorida December 8th, 2008 2:52 pm ET
    ------------
    Please re read the comments. You said the liberals said something about the military. You are either stupid or dillusional...perhaps both.

Show me where you read something about the military. Or are you simply making crap up, like all neo-con morons do?

December 8, 2008 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  19. Charlie

I have to admit this is a great marketing technique. I'm excited to read about how Bush was disrespected by those he was supposed to be in charge of it aught to be funny. What would be better is if Rove provided the back story as to why people treated Bush with said disrespect.

Oh nevermind we all know that, he was/is unfit for office.

December 8, 2008 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  20. Janice

Just want to join the throngs on this and other boards – ADD MY NAME to the list: Janice Grounds. I knew he was an average man who was not successful in anything he did before running. Average as a cheeleader and C student in college, Average – well less than average in his *laughing here* 'military stint', Average as a business owner...well he failed actually but got his money out before it went bankrupt or I would have called him below average, Average as a sports team owner and very Average as the govenor of 'the great state of Texas' where his ideology and cronism began in earnest.

I despised him as a phony 'Christian' with nothing but disdain for those without money and power, I knew he was NOT SMART and would drive my country in to a ditch – which he did by his lack of leadership and his selections to run his administration.

He was never my president, I despised him in 2000 and if possible more now. So please KKKKarl, get my name right!

December 8, 2008 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  21. Nathan Johnson

It is funny to me how all of you are getting on Mr. Rove and you will probably be the first ones in line to buy the book.

December 8, 2008 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  22. Irene

His is going to name all of W's enemeis? Sounds like there will be volumes to fill. Is there really a need to kill that many trees? Can't he just write "EVERYBODY" and be done with it?

December 8, 2008 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  23. The Game

Yeah put my name down too : Charlie Bravo,
    i ain't scared Cox News!

December 8, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  24. joe donahue

last good thing to come out of Texas was Sam Houston

December 8, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  25. Bambi

All I see in these comments is the babbling of left-wing fools, blinded by hatred, seeing no reason.

Pathetic.