December 8th, 2008

Rove vows to 'name names'

Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.
Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.

(CNN) – Enemies of President Bush take heed: Karl Rove is set to name names.

The man widely credited with Bush's two presidential victories says his new book will include an accounting of those in Washington who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief.

"I've got behind-the-scenes episodes that are going to show how unreceiving they were of this man as president of the United States," Rove told Cox News in an interview published Sunday. "I'm going to name names and show examples."

Rove signed a deal with publishing giant Simon & Schuster last year, reported be worth over $1.5 million.

In the wide-ranging interview, Rove also suggested the criticisms the president and his aides took were partly because they were not part of the Washington establishment.

"You'll notice there was outrage when it was thought that I was the person behind outing Valerie Plame. And then when it came out that it was the sainted [Deputy Secretary of State] Richard Armitage, there was no interest," Rove said. "I don't remember seeing anybody camped out on his doorstep like they were camped out on mine. [It's]because he was part of the acceptable culture of Washington, and I was not. I was one of those Texans who came up. He was one of those perpetual I'll-scratch-your-back-if-you'll-scratch-mine Washington leakers. "

Filed under: Karl Rove
soundoff (1,676 Responses)
  1. RealityKing

The progressive MSM has clearly shown that they will to put agenda ahead of America's right to unfiltered truth.

December 8, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  2. any ole american

are you actually gonna include everyone?!?! all three hundred million of us?!?!

December 8, 2008 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  3. Kimberly

tesss~are you insane??? Do you live in a frigin BUBBLE??? WOW, I cant believe there are still people as IGNORANT and blind as you in this country! If he had been a Democrat, we would have been desparete enough to have voted in palin HAHAHAHAHAHA another JOKE!

December 8, 2008 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  4. Noel

I wonder why Rove is making a book in the first place. He's trying to name names, and make himself look like an outsider in that interview, when on Fox news Rove is a conservative political expert and contributor. What's wrong with him??? He's just going to pick democrats, including Obama, that have criticized the Bush presidency. But look at him and other conservatives criticizing the Obama presidency when it hasn't even started.

December 8, 2008 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  5. Wendy

I wanted to write something clever but Matt said it all! I will say this: Rove needs to keep his chubby face out of the news. He was a paid manipulator and cheater and his suspected fraud of the election system resulted in us having a commander in chief we really did not want. Rove, don't you know the more you complain the more you experience things to complain about? Don't write the book. Who cares? Who would believe you anyway? I don't want to hear your whining about Richard Armitage. Save us from this static, please.

December 8, 2008 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  6. Julie

Is that why he stomps the USA into the ground before he leaves?
    I think many would be proud to be named, they were right, Rove is wrong.

December 8, 2008 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  7. Bill

That's ridiculous. Go ahead, Karl, name names. He doesn't seem to understand that the President is the Commander in Chief of the military, not of the country.

December 8, 2008 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  8. Timothy - Brooklyn, NY

I am curious, but the same way I would be when driving past a bad car wreck – however I'll borrow it from the library rather than spend my money on it.

December 8, 2008 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  9. Robert Prentiss

What can we expect from Rove but more "perception management". Just like Nixon's "I am not a crook", he will create new "truths" to support the untruths behind them justifying his work for the GOP.

December 8, 2008 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  10. coldwar vet ~ cal

Someone wrote that Karl Rove is a great American, only the opposite is true. Rove is a disgrace to American democracy, and all that it stands for. How anyone can give this guy a thumbs up is beyond me.

December 8, 2008 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  11. bird

Karl Rove is going to name names? Ooooohh, how frightening. Rove is one of the biggest scumbags of the entire Bushco regime.

I am hesitant to categorize it as Homo Sapiens. Well, it certainly looks like a man, but thats where the similarities end. It should be treated like Ann Coulter - placed in a confined area, away from sentient Humans. Monsters of their ilk do not belong among civilized humans. Anyone who buys their "books" should be ashamed.

Rove & Coulter = Nazi garbage

December 8, 2008 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  12. Gpenn

If the prince of darkness had nothing to do with the VP outing. Why is he still ducking the courts? He can name all the names he wants. He is no longer relavent and no one really cares anymore.

December 8, 2008 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  13. Charlie

lynd devine December 8th, 2008 3:20 pm ET

"Both Bush and Rowe should be tried for war crimes."

------–

I voted for Ralph Nader on this very pricipal.
    (amoung others)

December 8, 2008 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  14. disco stu

Karl is like the ex-boyfriend/girlfriend who wont leave.
    We dont have the time nor the want to rehash your "version" of the past.

its over.
    Your over.
    Deal with it,....or dont. We could care less.

December 8, 2008 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  15. Dominic

I can't wait for the disaster known as the Bush administration to be over! I can't think of a single good thing they have done. They have not made our country better, not made us more prosperous, not made us respected around the world. And they have not made us safe. 9-11 happened on Bush's watch- something all Republicans conveniently forget. And Osama bin Laden is still free after all of these years.

Bush, Rove and Cheney- good riddance to bad rubbish.

December 8, 2008 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  16. Michael Trout

Uh, no Karl. It wasn't because Armetige is a washington insider. It was because people have some measure of trust of Armitage. No one in thier right mind would trust your motivations. I mean, come on Karl, you're famed for not telling the truth whenever it can't be proved otherwise.

December 8, 2008 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  17. Dee

Memo to Karl Rove: GO AWAY!!!

December 8, 2008 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  18. jerry ashby

Can someone please drive a stake through the heart of the"mother of all weasels"?

December 8, 2008 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  19. Arthur

Rove can name anyone he like, but those are the true heros. These heros know not to follow a failed president. I have never recognized Bush is my president anyway.
    Rove is about leaving DC, and he just wants to cash in.

December 8, 2008 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  20. Mickey

Consider it a "badge of honor" if your name is in his book.

December 8, 2008 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  21. Vivienne

LOSER!!

December 8, 2008 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  22. O & Joe '08!!!

So Bush and Rove were not accepted. Wahhh wahhh wahhh.

What do you expect when you show up at the White House, but were not the country's choice for the office???

December 8, 2008 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  23. Matt

Boy... all this vitrol against Bush and Rove... I'm not fans of these guys, but I have moved on...

For those of you who can't seem to move on... my advice to you is to get a life.

December 8, 2008 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  24. Fred NJ

All I see here is hatred aimed at a man who has the guts to stand by his convictions and do what he thinks is best for the country. Hate is all you have and it is tearing this country apart! You’ve learned absolutely nothing from great men such as Martin Luther King and Bob Kennedy about tolerance. You would all vote in a dirty sock before ANY republican/conservative regardless of the consequences to this country because of your hatred. You are the problem. Not Rove or Bush. God bless America!

December 8, 2008 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  25. Ted

Rove's going to name names of those in Washington who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief?

Great. Just what I wanted for holiday reading: a 10,000 page book.

December 8, 2008 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |