December 8th, 2008

Rove vows to 'name names'

Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.
Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.

(CNN) – Enemies of President Bush take heed: Karl Rove is set to name names.

The man widely credited with Bush's two presidential victories says his new book will include an accounting of those in Washington who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief.

"I've got behind-the-scenes episodes that are going to show how unreceiving they were of this man as president of the United States," Rove told Cox News in an interview published Sunday. "I'm going to name names and show examples."

Rove signed a deal with publishing giant Simon & Schuster last year, reported be worth over $1.5 million.

In the wide-ranging interview, Rove also suggested the criticisms the president and his aides took were partly because they were not part of the Washington establishment.

"You'll notice there was outrage when it was thought that I was the person behind outing Valerie Plame. And then when it came out that it was the sainted [Deputy Secretary of State] Richard Armitage, there was no interest," Rove said. "I don't remember seeing anybody camped out on his doorstep like they were camped out on mine. [It's]because he was part of the acceptable culture of Washington, and I was not. I was one of those Texans who came up. He was one of those perpetual I'll-scratch-your-back-if-you'll-scratch-mine Washington leakers. "

Filed under: Karl Rove
soundoff (1,676 Responses)
  1. Chris

Rove actually believes that Bush should have been accepted "as a legitimate commander-in-chief?"

We, the People, deserved more leadership and poise from our President. Period.

December 8, 2008 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  2. Paul Lucas

Oh god, another stalker. Who cares! Good riddance to BOTH of them.

December 8, 2008 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  3. DY

Rove is widely considered by all I speak with as the worse in decades(if not centuries) at dirty politics and backroom manipulation. I personally believe history will show him in a light to make Oliver North look like a boyscout, Tricky Dickie like a saint and Machiavelli a moderate. He probably is the most responsible for the black mark the Bush presidency will be in American history. So it makes sense that he will throw salt in GW's historical wounds by dragging him and his presidency further through the mud. Best he stop being the bad little boy and just go (very quietly) away.

December 8, 2008 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  4. Patrick

Good. I'll know who had the good sense to question these despicable incompetents! Thanks Karl!

December 8, 2008 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  5. R in Maine

Rove and Bush need to turn themselves in at the Hague for their war crimes. Just go away while we still do not care enough to try you.

December 8, 2008 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  6. Bruce Torff

Everyone Rove names should be given a medal

December 8, 2008 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  7. Dr. Charles , San Anotnio

Many republicans did not treat Bill Clinton as legitimate president because he got less than 50% vote due to Ross Perot. For all practical purposes 2000 election was decided by Bush-I and Reagan appointees.
    What exactly is Rove complaining about??

December 8, 2008 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  8. Phil

Dear Karl,

Get over it. You lost. Simple as that. Now if you are a true patriot, then you will stop whinning like some immature baby and support the next President of the United States, Barrack Obama in this time of crisis. Start thinking positive and let go of the negative. You'll even start to feel and look better.

December 8, 2008 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  9. Debra

I'm just waiting on the book that finally reveals that Karl Rove is exactly what we thought all along...the lap dog of Satan!

December 8, 2008 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  10. Patrick

Good. Now I'll know who had the good sense to stand against these morons. Thanks Karl

December 8, 2008 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  11. sim

Karl: Being mean to your favorite nitwit is an honor. Would you please include me on the list? I could use the points.

In the meanwhile, get used to being out of it. You're way way out of it and tough being utterly irrelevant, isn't it?

By the way, you're not in the clear. You could still take a fall and you're just unpopular enough to go down. Let us know when that happens, Karl, I'll by a front-row ticket

December 8, 2008 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  12. Rick

Rove ticks off all of the right people. Beautiful! Can't wait to read it.

December 8, 2008 03:35 pm at 3:35 pm |
  13. Matthew, Houston, TX

Cool! Let him name the names so that we can hail them all as heros.

Bush was NOT legitimately elected in 2000 as unofficial recounts of ALL of the ballots in Florida by several organizations found that Al Gore actually did receive more votes. The only time Bush gets more votes is when the votes were only recounted in the disputed districts (Gore's big mistake).

The actual reason that SCOTUS decided as it did was because by NOT insisting on a complete statewide recount, certain population segments were considered to be being discriminated against. Read the decision and do some research, I did.

December 8, 2008 03:35 pm at 3:35 pm |
  14. Rennie Frank in Stevensville, Montana

Big step up for the Karl ... becoming a "journalist" on FOX. Maybe he misses a job with some higher level of credibility, like Presidential suck up. Go away Karl...the Shrub and the Crypt Keeper will be exiting stage left on January 20th (AMEN!) and I sincerely hope a big dose of Obama/Biden therapy will erase the PTSD effects the past 8 years ha have had on this country.

December 8, 2008 03:36 pm at 3:36 pm |
  15. roger

The list that all politicians worth their salt want to be on. History will judge these people as having done the right thing, not Karl Rove or George Bush Jr.

December 8, 2008 03:36 pm at 3:36 pm |
  16. yertie

Rove can't accept the fact that he and his buddies are corrupt, win at all cost, scoundrals. He steered an inept, unintelligent, inarticulate Bush in office for two terms, and now look at the conditions the US is in. He needs to be thoroughly investigated and brought to trial.

December 8, 2008 03:37 pm at 3:37 pm |
  17. dave

Who really gives a rats patootie what this jerk says. He is one of the biggest slimeballs ever tyo hit washington. It will take years to clean up washington now that he is gone
    Good by Karl and remember to keep your eyes on the rear view mirror

December 8, 2008 03:37 pm at 3:37 pm |
  18. David

Adios, Rove. Don't let it hit ya where the good lord split ya...

December 8, 2008 03:37 pm at 3:37 pm |
  19. Ed Word

I hope my name makes the list.

I would consider it to be an honor.

Now run along and help Bush pack his bags, like a good little servant.

December 8, 2008 03:38 pm at 3:38 pm |
  20. FreeNLovIt

ACCOUNTABILITY: It was reported that all the failures of these past eight years, really is the work of the previous administration. This is what I have to say to this report: The minute you USE the PEN to sign anything in your office, the WHOLE entire America along with its PROBLEMS, becomes yours. This is why we must pick a Prez with judgment, vision and patience to faithfully execute the Office.

December 8, 2008 03:38 pm at 3:38 pm |
  21. David Philip, Vancouver

Alternate title for the book: "Karl Rove's Book Of Heroes".

December 8, 2008 03:38 pm at 3:38 pm |
  22. Dave

Karl Rove is going to name those who privately showed no respect for Bush? How about some sort of medal for those who, in the face of a vindictive regime orchestrated by people like Rove, PUBLICLY paid it no respect. Anyone who pays a dime for this book should have to continute matching funds to our current bailouts.

December 8, 2008 03:39 pm at 3:39 pm |
  23. Warren Pryor

I hope Carl Rove has added my name to the list of people who never excepted Bush as my commander in cheif.The only good comment I have about Bush is that on January 20th, 2009 our moron -in-charge is heading back to Texas to build his presidential library in his out house on that little patch of dirt in Crawford, Texas.Oh by the way, will his library contain the one coloring book Bush actually colored in between the lines ?

December 8, 2008 03:39 pm at 3:39 pm |
  24. raymond

Karl is a crook. A blood thief. May all of your souls (Texas crew and Cheney) be rewarded accordingly in the years to come....

December 8, 2008 03:39 pm at 3:39 pm |
  25. Fred

Karl Rove is like Sarah Palin. Neither one of them knows when to just shut up already and quietly disappear. No one cares. And I like how he says the Bush Administration was not part of the Washington establishment. Bush, Rumsfeld, and Cheney are just a bunch of mavericks I guess.

December 8, 2008 03:39 pm at 3:39 pm |