December 8th, 2008

Rove vows to 'name names'

Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.
Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.

(CNN) – Enemies of President Bush take heed: Karl Rove is set to name names.

The man widely credited with Bush's two presidential victories says his new book will include an accounting of those in Washington who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief.

"I've got behind-the-scenes episodes that are going to show how unreceiving they were of this man as president of the United States," Rove told Cox News in an interview published Sunday. "I'm going to name names and show examples."

Rove signed a deal with publishing giant Simon & Schuster last year, reported be worth over $1.5 million.

In the wide-ranging interview, Rove also suggested the criticisms the president and his aides took were partly because they were not part of the Washington establishment.

"You'll notice there was outrage when it was thought that I was the person behind outing Valerie Plame. And then when it came out that it was the sainted [Deputy Secretary of State] Richard Armitage, there was no interest," Rove said. "I don't remember seeing anybody camped out on his doorstep like they were camped out on mine. [It's]because he was part of the acceptable culture of Washington, and I was not. I was one of those Texans who came up. He was one of those perpetual I'll-scratch-your-back-if-you'll-scratch-mine Washington leakers. "

Filed under: Karl Rove
soundoff (1,676 Responses)
  1. bill

Geez. Karl Rove sounds like a bad, whiny 13-year-old boy who didn't get his way. He may as well have said, "I'm gonna tell my mommy.!"
    Go away already Karl! Maybe Palin can rent you out a bedroom in Alaska you moose brain!

December 8, 2008 04:09 pm at 4:09 pm |
  2. REG in AZ

It sounds like whoever he names, will be getting credit for resisting the self-focused and arrogant sociopathic actions of the Bush administration – it may just be a list people will want to be on.

December 8, 2008 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  3. HouseDiva

The truth of the matter is that the MEDIA accepted Bush as a legit president. The media used it's power to get people used to accepting Bush as president...it worked.

One thing i will never be able to summit about the whole 2000 election is that we all knew that George Bush, Jeb Bush, Marvin Bush, Katherine Harris, Karl Rove, Dick Cheney the supreme court and god knows who else; conspired to get Dubya in the whitehouse, and yet there's no conspiracy charges?

December 8, 2008 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  4. Randy

Boycott the book of an infamous liar to the American public would be the best for everyone.

December 8, 2008 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  5. roger rabbit

Hate knows no bounds nor does Brother Karl's need to do harm.

December 8, 2008 04:11 pm at 4:11 pm |
  6. Just A. Nobody

I can't wait. I will be waiting at the bookstore!!!!

December 8, 2008 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  7. Tish

Peggy Lucas....Amen to that!!!!

December 8, 2008 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  8. Sam

Karl loves Cox, News

December 8, 2008 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  9. Frank

It's really funny to hear everyone spew hatred at Rove, when he sums up the issue precisely:

Once people realized it was Armitage, nothing. Not from the Media and not from the left-wing nut jobs. Why not? I know, it's plane and simple, Bush Derangement Syndrome.

December 8, 2008 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  10. Precious Coker, NY

Tell it as you wish, history sure judges right and this time Karl, with or without your twist, history will judge you and what you guys created.

December 8, 2008 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  11. Me

If I buy the book then I'm contributing to this administration? Then sign me up for 10! I would buy more but I'm saving up for Obama's "tax cuts." Good stimulation plan. Create government jobs that won't be around in 5 years and pay for them by increasing taxes on people that actually make money and move the economy forward. Can't wait to see how that turns out . . .

December 8, 2008 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  12. Tim

Uh-oh. Look out, people. If we don't pay attention to him, he's going to HOLD HIS BREATH.

December 8, 2008 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  13. CA Democrat

I think it's horrible that people like Karl Rove stand idly by and let horrible things happen to save their jobs, only to move on and write a "tell all" book after the fact. I couldn't stand to watch or listen to him, or his constituents before, and surely wouldn't purchase their books now. Do something positive for a change, for this country and citizens.

December 8, 2008 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |
  14. Allan

"...those in Washington who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief."

Gee Karl, that would be the Washington DC white pages with 50 names crossed out.

December 8, 2008 04:15 pm at 4:15 pm |
  15. Bill

Speaking of empty suit blowhards, when does Obama take office?

Nothing more hilarious then reading comments that "we the people... decided for change and voted in the new guy" -as if all of america wanted Obama. Guess what folks – 47% of us, 47% (!!), did not want the new guy. That's almost 1/2 of this country. So, i guess we can follow your lead and say we don't support this prez. I just hope that the politicians in the minority can find a way to make this empty suit's life as miserable as the Dems and media did with the current administration. If you think Bush and Rove were bad, now you have Jimmy Carter II (easily the worst prez in my lifetime) with a reprise of Clinton staffers. That's like have measles and hemmies at the same time.

December 8, 2008 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  16. Dennis

To all "Christian Conservatives",
    I'm curious to know if you worship at the church
    where the minister posted the sign stating that
    Obama is a muslim. You people are still fighting
    a war that you lost.

December 8, 2008 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  17. Ellie

Is there enough paper for that?

December 8, 2008 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  18. Joanna

Uhm, besides his own? This man needs to shut up and go far, far away (and hope that he's forgotten about).

December 8, 2008 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  19. mrbarolo

My goodness. Eight years in power, pulling the strings and smirking over Bush's shoulder in all the photos and he still feels picked on? He needs a therapist, not a book contract.
    What a pathetic child.

December 8, 2008 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |
  20. Bubba

I'm proud to say I never thought that whackjob was my president. Or that guy Bush, either.

December 8, 2008 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |
  21. Brian Neville

The man who directed the campaigns of Bush in Texas, and two presidential elections is know going to name the people in Washington who did not recognize George Bush , as a real leader of the free world.
    The thing that Karl Rove still doesn't get is when you elect a person like George Bush, you are electing someone who is really stupid and dumb. The mess we are left with after his eight years in office, is proof of how dumb and stupid George Bush was. Bush looks like such a "lightweight" on these financial problems. He looks more and more like a deer in the headlights not knowing which way to turn. People in Washington who looked down at George Bush, quickly came to realize, that Bush was not qualified to be anything, but got himself elected with people like Karl Rove and Dick Cheney calling the shots. This is what you get when you elect someone who is basically not too bright. Remember the words of Duch Reagan" It happened on your watch" This is why Bush will go down in history as one of our worst presidents.

December 8, 2008 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  22. Lynn

Great! Now we will know who to thank for things not getting even worse!

December 8, 2008 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  23. Annette

This guy thirst for attention. Unfortuntately, who cares, we already now.

December 8, 2008 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  24. Ken in Dallas

Anonymous: The slogan is "Fair and Balanced."

Slow down, you're getting your propaganda mixed up.

StopWhining: repeat your screen name 500 times.

Boy, Karl seems to be running short of friends today.

December 8, 2008 04:20 pm at 4:20 pm |
  25. totally neutral

He's such a nice man, quit picking on him.

December 8, 2008 04:21 pm at 4:21 pm |